I've bought a few beds in recent years, here's my 2p worth... don't buy any groupon/offer site/ebay foam mattress, its literally just a slab of foam - terrible. Emma mattress was just a slight upgrade from a slab of foam for us, returned under the 100 days thing. Tried a SIMBA that was just ok but again returned under 60 day sleep etc. Best ones we have had and eventually kept(!!) are the hybrid mattress which are springs and foam. These two have been amazing: OTTY and REM-FIT I'd never heard of either until we read some article reviewing the mail-order beds. Both are the hybrid type and my wifes dodgy hip pain plus my lower back ache all gone since we had the OTTY. My son has the REM-FIT and it feels pretty similar to the OTTY. The weird bit of all these beds is when they come all shrink wrapped in a pretty small box - then when opened they literally go to a solid bed...you seriously wouldn't know they were flat-packed once they've expanded.

Everyone likes a different type of bed which is why these companies all do this 100 day guarantee etc...seriously nothing to lose!