+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Reading kids lose to the Jacks

Reading kids lose to the Jacks

"boss Veljko Paunovic made 10 changes, with no fewer than seven teenagers in his starting side. There were seven more teenagers on the bench, while 17 of Reading's 18-man squad were products of the club's academy."

Reading have a tiny squad as they're under an embargo. Could be a long season for them.

Re: Reading kids lose to the Jacks

Unless the transfer embargo is lifted we are nailed on relegation candidates.
    We have a tiny squad.Perhaps two or three senior players better off than Derby.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Unless the transfer embargo is lifted we are nailed on relegation candidates.
    We have a tiny squad.Perhaps two or three senior players better off than Derby.
    Would be great to see Reading back in the lower divisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Allez Allez View Post
    Would be great to see Reading back in the lower divisions.
    After the club made accusations towards our fans i to wouldn't care if they drop a league or two

Hope they stay up personally, one of the easier games to get to.

If we are also in a relegation scrap then I don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    "boss Veljko Paunovic made 10 changes, with no fewer than seven teenagers in his starting side. There were seven more teenagers on the bench, while 17 of Reading's 18-man squad were products of the club's academy."

Reading have a tiny squad as they're under an embargo. Could be a long season for them.
    Just dipping into their board the jacks seem quite happy with their lot now after just two games and more signings to come - this is a huge shift to where they were two weeks ago - massively upbeat compared to here 😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Just dipping into their board the jacks seem quite happy with their lot now after just two games and more signings to come - this is a huge shift to where they were two weeks ago - massively upbeat compared to here ����
    Thy still have a good squad at this level. Grimes, Cabango, Roberts all good players, they are clearly a bit worse than last year, but like us they have to adapt to no parachute payments.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Hope they stay up personally, one of the easier games to get to.

If we are also in a relegation scrap then I don't care.
    Not a bad ground and we always take a few but what a shite location.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    After the club made accusations towards our fans i to wouldn't care if they drop a league or two
    Yeah I get that. Poor from our club and an apology should have been issued especially if the arrests were based on the sheep sheep sheep shagger chant.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Thy still have a good squad at this level. Grimes, Cabango, Roberts all good players, they are clearly a bit worse than last year, but like us they have to adapt to no parachute payments.
    I’m amazed at their positivity based on the squad we played last night. That must be the most inexperienced squad we have ever played and we were down to ten men for the last twenty minutes.

Yeah I get that. Poor from our club and an apology should have been issued especially if the arrests were based on the sheep sheep sheep shagger chant.
    It was all looking great for Reading when you beat us at the start of the season before last.

How has it gone to pot so quickly for you lot?

You're only as good as your next game.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    It was all looking great for Reading when you beat us at the start of the season before last.

How has it gone to pot so quickly for you lot?
    I remember that game when Puscas did really well. The owners gambled on signings in summer 19 when we went on a spending splurge having been on a transfer embargo. We did improve and finished lower mid table but in reality gates were still going down and our squad was far too big with too many players on too much money.

We have been very badly run and made another huge loss for 2019/20. We deserve what we get for shocking mismanagement. It’s now gone from one extreme to another. Our squad is now very small but at least we won’t post huge losses for 2021/22.

I remember that game when Puscas did really well. The owners gambled on signings in summer 19 when we went on a spending splurge having been on a transfer embargo. We did improve and finished lower mid table but in reality gates were still going down and our squad was far too big with too many players on too much money.

We have been very badly run and made another huge loss for 2019/20. We deserve what we get for shocking mismanagement. It’s now gone from one extreme to another. Our squad is now very small but at least we won’t post huge losses for 2021/22.
    I remember that game for the wrong reasons as I was in the home end. In the grandstand though so not too bad.
    Have they still got that set up at your ground or will the away teams get more tickets this time round?

In relation to mismanagement and the like, It is crazy how things can go from great to a nightmare in such a short space of time.

I remember that game for the wrong reasons as I was in the home end. In the grandstand though so not too bad.
    Have they still got that set up at your ground or will the away teams get more tickets this time round?

In relation to mismanagement and the like, It is crazy how things can go from great to a nightmare in such a short space of time.
    Yes you would have been in the South Stand with the other half of the stand occupied by Club 1871 fans. That situation still applies in that away support is limited to half of the South Stand only but the club 1871 lot have moved over to the other half of the stand to be next to our East Stand supporters who are a bit more lively than the quiet West Stand supporters.

Yes you would have been in the South Stand with the other half of the stand occupied by Club 1871 fans. That situation still applies in that away support is limited to half of the South Stand only but the club 1871 lot have moved over to the other half of the stand to be next to our East Stand supporters who are a bit more lively than the quiet West Stand supporters.
    So if I'm understanding that right City fans will now be closer to your grandstand?

I’m amazed at their positivity based on the squad we played last night. That must be the most inexperienced squad we have ever played and we were down to ten men for the last twenty minutes.
    So Swansea wern't as good as they make out?

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    So Swansea wern't as good as they make out?
    I didn’t go to the game but they were playing pretty much our Academy squad so not a true test.

So if I'm understanding that right City fans will now be closer to your grandstand?

Yes the West Stand has the lower and upper stands and is the quiet side of the ground....away fans will next to them going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Grimes will be gone before the end of the window. Theyve already signed his replacement - Flynn Downes from Ipswich.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Grimes will be gone before the end of the window. Theyve already signed his replacement - Flynn Downes from Ipswich.
    Flynn Downes any good? Never heard of him if i'm honest

Neither have I ��

I hadnt either until a couple of days ago.