+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Plymouth shooting.

Re: Plymouth shooting.

No idea. Could be lots of reasons surely ?

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    No idea. Could be lots of reasons surely ?
    I can see how a farmer could justify owning one, I can't think of a single reason why a 22 year old who lives in Plymouth with his mum needs one

Well for instance he might work in a farm. He might do full or part time controlling vermin. He might shoot clays or skeet.
    Might be a gamekeeper.

You could go on forever. Lot of people in rural areas and elsewhere have guns you know. Very very few of them are irresponsible or criminals.

Well for instance he might work in a farm. He might do full or part time controlling vermin. He might shoot clays or skeet.
    Might be a gamekeeper.

You could go on forever. Lot of people in rural areas and elsewhere have guns you know. Very very few of them are irresponsible or criminals.
    Yes I know some people from rural areas have guns, I'm from a rural area, in fact I have family who own guns on their farm. Absolutely nothing you've mentioned means that he'd need to have a shotgun at his mum's house in Plymouth. Let alone the fact that it was taken away because of an allegation of assault and returned once he'd done an anger management course.

Personally I think that once "anger management course" comes into the equation, then maybe, just maybe the gun should probably be permanently taken away

Might be a gamekeeper.

All this mental gymnastics and for what? He was a crane operator mate, seemingly had no hobbies other than going to the gym so you can't even use the clay shooting as a possible reason for his gun ownership.

Not only was the fact he owned a gun baffling, the fact it was returned to him after it was taken off him is an utter failure and is what cost 5 innocent lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    All this mental gymnastics and for what? He was a crane operator mate, seemingly had no hobbies other than going to the gym so you can't even use the clay shooting as a possible reason for his gun ownership.

Not only was the fact he owned a gun baffling, the fact it was returned to him after it was taken off him is an utter failure and is what cost 5 innocent lives.

Yes you’re quite right. We must make laws up as we go along and whenever in doubt we just ask you.

Yes you’re quite right. We must make laws up as we go along and whenever in doubt we just ask you.
    Weird, sad old man you are.

Let's keep guns in the hands of people who are on anger management courses

And you’re a very rude young man.

If you want to reform the law then you must work to do just that , but you just want to do angry rants about what you consider “ should be possible or legal “.

Can you honestly not distinguish between someone telling you what the position IS and an opinion on their part approving of it ?

In fact , consider that a rhetorical question, because I don’t think you can grasp the concept and in fairness that’s not your fault , so be my guest - rant on!