+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Council leader backs call to name street near new bus station ‘Cheers Drive’

Council leader backs call to name street near new bus station ‘Cheers Drive’

This would possibly be the greatest thing that has ever happened in the history of the world.

https://nation.cymru/news/council-le...-cheers-drive/

Re: Council leader backs call to name street near new bus station ‘Cheers Drive’

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcbluebird View Post
    This would possibly be the greatest thing that has ever happened in the history of the world.

https://nation.cymru/news/council-le...-cheers-drive/
    *Greatest thing to happen since Feb 2020 when Bristol did it..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...l-51501412.amp

Re: Council leader backs call to name street near new bus station ‘Cheers Drive’

Make it happen. I say it as often as I can. Reminds me who I am. Keeps me grounded.

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig View Post
    *Greatest thing to happen since Feb 2020 when Bristol did it..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...l-51501412.amp
    People in Bristol say "Cheers drive"? I just puked in my mouth a little bit. 5 minutes into Man U/Leeds and my weekend is ruined.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    People in Bristol say "Cheers drive"? I just puked in my mouth a little bit. 5 minutes into Man U/Leeds and my weekend is ruined.
    Yeah it’s considered a proper Bristol thing there

Last time we played Newcastle away, I opened with a ‘Drop us in town Drive’ to a taxi driver, he said you up for the game straight away. He’d been to Cardiff a few times and cottoned on to the saying bring a cabbie himself, he said he’d never heard it in Bristol and they’re lying Wurzel twats...........ok he never said the last bit, but I knew, I just knew that the thought was there

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Yeah it’s considered a proper Bristol thing there
    "Cheeors droive". Ew.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Last time we played Newcastle away, I opened with a ‘Drop us in town Drive’ to a taxi driver, he said you up for the game straight away. He’d been to Cardiff a few times and cottoned on to the saying bring a cabbie himself, he said he’d never heard it in Bristol and they’re lying Wurzel twats...........ok he never said the last bit, but I knew, I just knew that the thought was there

"Cheers Drive". Has been a thing since at least the early 80s. I can remember people calling their mates Drive. "Alright Drive?" Bristol can **** off.

Not that I get the bus often these days - but yea that’s just a standard thing us Kairdaiff folk say as a thanks.
    Standard.

Maybe there could be an airline out of Wales called Clap Air.

That seems to be a welsh thing whenever a plane lands full of holiday makers.

I haven’t had a flight of CWL for about 7 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Maybe there could be an airline out of Wales called Clap Air.

That seems to be a welsh thing whenever a plane lands full of holiday makers.
    Gonorrhoea?