Thread: 2000 Cardiff Fans At Blackpool Yesterday

2000 Cardiff Fans At Blackpool Yesterday

That's great support

Its hardly 3 hours away to be fair

Re: 2000 Cardiff Fans At Blackpool Yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    That's great support

Its hardly 3 hours away to be fair
    Credit to Blackpool's supporters, too. They gave a good go at making some noise for most of the match. Indeed, our fans were not only there in number, but in good voice too. M6 north wasn't much fun. Southbound, on the way home, clear and fast going. My first time to Blackpool....a memorable day out. Might be one or two of our fans expecting an early morning knock though.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Credit to Blackpool's supporters, too. They gave a good go at making some noise for most of the match. Indeed, our fans were not only there in number, but in good voice too. M6 north wasn't much fun. Southbound, on the way home, clear and fast going. My first time to Blackpool....a memorable day out. Might be one or two of our fans expecting an early morning knock though.
    Uh oh. What happened?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Uh oh. What happened?
    Couple of flares one thrown on the pitch, a seat "relocated", an (arguable) pitch invasion after our second (perimeter advertising wasn't breached but the barriers were), one of our older fans was injured....looked like he had been struck from behind on the way to the match and was well bandaged up, afters after the match outside the pub up the road from the ground. That kind of thing.

Couple of flares one thrown on the pitch, a seat "relocated", an (arguable) pitch invasion after our second (perimeter advertising wasn't breached but the barriers were), one of our older fans was injured....looked like he had been struck from behind on the way to the match and was well bandaged up, afters after the match outside the pub up the road from the ground. That kind of thing.
    In other words, just the sort of behaviour that you would expect in a pandemic.

Both sets of fans in good voice and a really good atmosphere all round.
    Blackpool fans getting behind their team even when losing

Potential for issues outside the ground where Blackpool fans were gathering outside their pub and lots of City fans going past to go into town.

Some racist abuse from them toward one young City fan didn’t help, but from what I saw the invisible wall kept everyone apart

The police didn’t help - 4 horses charging along a narrow path through innocent bystanders shouting ‘get back’ when there was nowhere to go with a fence in one side and a bush on the other.

More chance those horses would seriously hurt someone than a skinny teenage Blackpool fan .
    Senseless

Had to pull a lad away from the horse before he got hoofed. Never stand behind a horse.

Took an alternative route back to the pub after seeing that.

Otherwise a fantastic day.

Straightforward trip once the new drivers got to trust us, great performance and win, some cheap beer, great company, karaoke afterwards and sausage and chips on the way back to the coach.

Home by midnight 🙂

Some dodgy camera work....a Blackpool perspective from yesterday:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-QDATsnlj3U

Some dodgy camera work....a Blackpool perspective from yesterday:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-QDATsnlj3U
    I enjoyed that. Shame he missed both goals, Bagan's great foul and most of the other main incidents. But still worth a watch.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I enjoyed that. Shame he missed both goals, Bagan's great foul and most of the other main incidents. But still worth a watch.
    ....if you like the back of heads and views of the pitch where there aren't any players! 4/10 I guess most of the Cardiff action wasn't filmed or edited out. Good to see the view from the other side of the pitch and, albeit it briefly, views of our fans celebrating.

1,980 reported on another board. Either way, it was a good day out.