+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ystradgynlais Welfare Ground Lease Fundraiser

Ystradgynlais Welfare Ground Lease Fundraiser

https://www.gofundme.com/f/ystradgyn...ase-fundraiser

"For the past 100 years, the community of Ystradgynlais have enjoyed using the Welfare Ground Playing Fields not only for playing tennis, bowls, cricket, football and rugby, but the grounds have also played their part in hosting carnivals and festivals over the years. Many still enjoy walking around the open spaces provided by this outstanding facility that, for most of, has always just been there.

The community of Ystradgynlais needs to raise £100,000 as quickly as possible or risk losing all of these wonderful facilities."

Re: Ystradgynlais Welfare Ground Lease Fundraiser

I remember giving to the bucket collection for the Jacks. I won’t be making the same mistake twice. Ungrateful bastards.

All these years I thought it was Ystradgwnylias. Like Tongwynlais. And I didn't realise it was down west. I thought it was up in one of the Rhondda Valleys. They shouldn't have voted leave. Serves them right.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    https://www.gofundme.com/f/ystradgyn...ase-fundraiser

"For the past 100 years, the community of Ystradgynlais have enjoyed using the Welfare Ground Playing Fields not only for playing tennis, bowls, cricket, football and rugby, but the grounds have also played their part in hosting carnivals and festivals over the years. Many still enjoy walking around the open spaces provided by this outstanding facility that, for most of, has always just been there.

The community of Ystradgynlais needs to raise £100,000 as quickly as possible or risk losing all of these wonderful facilities."
    Donated, my Mother and her side of the family are from Ystrad

Why would anybody renegotiate a lease where you have to pay 50 years in advance and where they don't have any money to pay it ? They would have been better off agreeing to pay more and hold annual fundraising events to pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I remember giving to the bucket collection for the Jacks. I won’t be making the same mistake twice. Ungrateful bastards.
    How much did you give ?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    How much did you give ?
    None of your business

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Why would anybody renegotiate a lease where you have to pay 50 years in advance and where they don't have any money to pay it ? They would have been better off agreeing to pay more and hold annual fundraising events to pay for it.
    https://nation.cymru/news/should-be-...laying-fields/

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    None of your business
    I bet you give nowt.

I bet you give nowt.
    He gave a quid . That's generous for him .

Spends his life scrounging around second hand book shops

International

I bet you give nowt.
    How much of the money they owed local businesses did abertawe town give back?

Nowt!!! And that's a fact.