+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: FT: PETERBOROUGH 2 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: PETERBOROUGH 2 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Wake up call for all concerned. Very good thing and a good sign that we got away with it without anything too bad and even got a point.
    Absolutely. It could have been 5-0.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Absolutely. It could have been 5-0.
    Even a 4-0 defeat would be a bonus right now.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Even a 4-0 defeat would be a bonus right now.
    we can count ourselves lucky that our goal difference is +17 better than it was expected to be by this stage of the season. that could be important come the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    The local Peterborough press have come up with a nice, balanced, objective match report!

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/...onight-3350081

Cardiff City: 'frantic', 'primitive', 'hoofball', and 'gruesome'!

Strangely the match report failed to mention the inept, homer referee.
    I thought City were outplayed by a team that played neat football instead of hoofing it, as we did.
    Wee Dembele was terrific and the game changed after he went off. All credit to City for coming back and equalising but I think we are playing a style of football that would never enable us to stay in the Premier League if we ever get there again in the near future. We don't seem to have the players to play a passing game.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I thought City were outplayed by a team that played neat football instead of hoofing it, as we did.
    Wee Dembele was terrific and the game changed after he went off. All credit to City for coming back and equalising but I think we are playing a style of football that would never enable us to stay in the Premier League if we ever get there again in the near future. We don't seem to have the players to play a passing game.
    You say about our style, but we were very close to staying in the Prem last time. In fact if we hadn't been so cautious first 8 games I think we would have stayed up easily. I haven't mentioned the Chelsea goal either.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    You say about our style, but we were very close to staying in the Prem last time. In fact if we hadn't been so cautious first 8 games I think we would have stayed up easily. I haven't mentioned the Chelsea goal either.
    yes it was the first 8 games where we lost it

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I agree that the way we play would have to change for us to survive in the Premier League - in the unlikely event of promotion.

I disagree with the view that we don't have the players to pass the ball. This has been discussed in a number of threads recently. We have got players in the squad who have come from passing teams, or from the u23s where they played a different way from the first team. There are a few key players who are more technically limited (the centre backs apart from McGuinness), or inconsistent with their passing (most of the established central midfielders - all of whom can produce moments of passing magic but often struggle to keep possession), but we have enough players with ability to change our style.

If we want to. If the manager wants to. Rapid change could be very risky but an evolution in playing style over the course of this season and the next two windows is more than possible. If that does happen I hope we don't throw the baby out with the bath water and keep the ability to play direct at times!

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Four centre halves !!! Bloody hell. Park the bus takes on a whole new meaning.

First and last laugh you'll get off me.

That really is a point gained

Early season , keep plugging away

Bluebirds

On past evidence Mr. McCarthy will start with the same eleven.