+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Squad rotation

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Squad rotation

Would we have been so lethargic for the first hour last night with two or three pairs of fresh legs in the team? It's not as if we have a small squad.

I seem to remember that MM was reluctant to change our starting lineup last season, even when we had that long run of games playing twice per week in February and March.

Re: Squad rotation

Squad management hasn't been a strength of Mick's so far but we had such a disjointed pre-season some players may not be ready just yet.

Something to keep an eye on.

He can justify selecting the same starting 11. I cant see any defence in it taking so long for the changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    He can justify selecting the same starting 11. I cant see any defence in it taking so long for the changes.
    Well, he can justify it as we got a point .

Colwill and Moore have hardly played, as well as Murphy. I imagine he doesn't want to push them too much, too soon but I think people like Sang and Vaulks will come in for Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post

Colwill and Moore have hardly played, as well as Murphy. I imagine he doesn't want to push them too much, too soon but I think people like Sang and Vaulks will come in for Saturday.
    Yes I can see Sang coming in Saturday, Mick seems to rate him & doesn't seem too happy with Ng so far this season

Giles has been good but I wonder if he could be even more effective in the wing back role that he's more used to playing. Would free up a spot for another attacker, something we desperately need whilst keeping Giles' threat from crosses and set pieces

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Yes I can see Sang coming in Saturday, Mick seems to rate him & doesn't seem too happy with Ng so far this season

Giles has been good but I wonder if he could be even more effective in the wing back role that he's more used to playing. Would free up a spot for another attacker, something we desperately need whilst keeping Giles' threat from crosses and set pieces
    Agree but as I said when he signed I couldn't see him playing wingback, to attacking for MM.

Old manager.

Won't budge.

He is what he is.

Have to just get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post

I'm not having that.

Didn't Pack set up both goals and Flint score them? Agree the 2 younger subs looked energetic. Imagine what another 15 minutes of them could have produced..

I really hope we don't play the same starting XI against Millwall. I'm still on a high from the last game but let's not forget that most of the team was completely off the pace for 75 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    I really hope we don't play the same starting XI against Millwall. I'm still on a high from the last game but let's not forget that most of the team was completely off the pace for 75 minutes.