Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
I am no fan of cretinous behaviour and some of the pathetic chants sung at CCS (including the one in question) but many of your posts may be perceived as objectification of women by any females that visit this site. If I had a fifteen-year-old daughter I would find it cringeworthy that a grown man starts so many threads about his masturbation habits. What you post may be tongue in cheek but it's better to enter such a debate with what the legal profession descibes as 'clean hands' (and in your case that has a second meaning).
How will you feel if someone reports a post of yours as being offensive, old fruit?

Hang on. I mean, literally how does this work? Does this now mean that Sludge could spot a woman getting touched up, abused, or harassed in the street - but not be allowed to report it because of a few jokey posts where he is, clearly, playing up to a persona that others here have helped to create?

Does this mean he can't debate anything on here ever again?

And, by all means you can call this thread a debate if you think it is one. But, it is clearly some people getting offended by someone with a different opinion and changing the debate from one about the offensive chanting into one about Sludge's offensive posts. How many of the people who find his posts offensive have reported it as such in the last 25 years? How can it suddenly become an issue?

The report function is spoken about in the FAQ for this board

Dealing with Troublesome Users
Can I block posts, emails and messages from specific users?

If there are particular members that bother you and you do not want to see their posts or receive Private Messages and Emails from them, then you can add these members to your 'Ignore List'. There are several ways to do this:

Through your User Control Panel: User CP, Settings & Options, Edit Ignore List. Then, type their name into the empty text box and click 'Okay'.

What if I see something offensive?

You will find 'Report' links in many places throughout the board. These links allow you to alert the board staff to anything which you find to be offensive, objectionable or illegal.
Clearly if people start reporting Sludge's posts now after all this time then it is likely to be a personal matter rather than people genuinely being offended because, let's be fair, it's not like this is new behaviour. And, let's also be fair, the bloke has had a very trying time recently. Father with Alzheimer's, mother with loads of illnesses, to see someone who takes time to care for his parents labelled as some sort of sponger who can't leave home is a pathetic below the belt punch.

As for threads about masturbation, they are not unique to this site. Masturbation is joked about on Bottom, Seinfeld, and there are plenty of songs that also cover the subject. I would suspect your imaginary 15 year old daughter (invented purely for the reason of strengthening an argument) would hear plenty of them in school.