+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: I see the horrendous Swansea paedophile chant is live and well at the game tonight..

Re: I see the horrendous Swansea paedophile chant is live and well at the game tonight..

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Of course it does

I am not literally driving around Porthcawl sea front in dark glasses looking at the yummy mummies
    It might be self belittling, tongue in cheek even, but I don’t believe for one second this persona was created to take the piss out of those who chant “get your tits put”, you’re just using that as a cop out because you’re being called out.

I know of at least one female poster who no longers posts here because of it.

Re: I see the horrendous Swansea paedophile chant is live and well at the game tonight..

Wouldn't bother me , it's self belittling and takes the piss out of singing get your tits out for the lads types
    Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Bollocks.

Na, tits look better

What about upsetting all the larger types with “Who ate all the pies”

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Na, tits look better

What about upsetting all the larger types with “Who ate all the pies”
    Particularly offensive to vegans. It’s 2021 ffs they should be chanting who ate all the falafel. Dinosaurs.

It might be self belittling, tongue in cheek even, but I don’t believe for one second this persona was created to take the piss out of those who chant “get your tits put”, you’re just using that as a cop out because you’re being called out.

I have been taking the piss self parody partridge style on here for years

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I am no fan of cretinous behaviour and some of the pathetic chants sung at CCS (including the one in question) but many of your posts may be perceived as objectification of women by any females that visit this site. If I had a fifteen-year-old daughter I would find it cringeworthy that a grown man starts so many threads about his masturbation habits. What you post may be tongue in cheek but it's better to enter such a debate with what the legal profession descibes as 'clean hands' (and in your case that has a second meaning).
    How will you feel if someone reports a post of yours as being offensive, old fruit?
    I'll be reporting every one from now on.

Got to be on the front foot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Game, set and match
    Already mentioned by a couple of others further back in the thread

Had the same conversation with her as well funnily enough, when she messaged me to say what an arse he is when we had that all out war a few months back after a comment he made.. About an old flame...

I have been taking the piss self parody partridge style on here for years
    It’s more Albert Steptoe than Alan Partridge.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post

But not chants about child abuse?

OK then

Had the same conversation with her as well funnily enough, when she messaged me to say what an arse he is when we had that all out war a few months back after a comment he made.. About an old flame...
    Aye of course

I will wait for the armed police

But not chants about child abuse?

OK then
    Not taking advice from someone who makes threads on women he'd shag, almost daily.

It's like on twitter isn't it, when historic posts come to bite you on the arse.

Or when a whiter than white politicians skeletons start falling out of the closet.

It's like on twitter isn't it, when historic posts come to bite you on the arse.

Or when a whiter than white politicians skeletons start falling out of the closet.
    Somebody hacked my account

Somebody hacked my account
    Bloody disgusting

I am no fan of cretinous behaviour and some of the pathetic chants sung at CCS (including the one in question) but many of your posts may be perceived as objectification of women by any females that visit this site. If I had a fifteen-year-old daughter I would find it cringeworthy that a grown man starts so many threads about his masturbation habits. What you post may be tongue in cheek but it's better to enter such a debate with what the legal profession descibes as 'clean hands' (and in your case that has a second meaning).
    How will you feel if someone reports a post of yours as being offensive, old fruit?

Hang on. I mean, literally how does this work? Does this now mean that Sludge could spot a woman getting touched up, abused, or harassed in the street - but not be allowed to report it because of a few jokey posts where he is, clearly, playing up to a persona that others here have helped to create?

Does this mean he can't debate anything on here ever again?

And, by all means you can call this thread a debate if you think it is one. But, it is clearly some people getting offended by someone with a different opinion and changing the debate from one about the offensive chanting into one about Sludge's offensive posts. How many of the people who find his posts offensive have reported it as such in the last 25 years? How can it suddenly become an issue?

The report function is spoken about in the FAQ for this board

Dealing with Troublesome Users
    Can I block posts, emails and messages from specific users?

If there are particular members that bother you and you do not want to see their posts or receive Private Messages and Emails from them, then you can add these members to your 'Ignore List'. There are several ways to do this:

Through your User Control Panel: User CP, Settings & Options, Edit Ignore List. Then, type their name into the empty text box and click 'Okay'.

What if I see something offensive?

You will find 'Report' links in many places throughout the board. These links allow you to alert the board staff to anything which you find to be offensive, objectionable or illegal.
    Clearly if people start reporting Sludge's posts now after all this time then it is likely to be a personal matter rather than people genuinely being offended because, let's be fair, it's not like this is new behaviour. And, let's also be fair, the bloke has had a very trying time recently. Father with Alzheimer's, mother with loads of illnesses, to see someone who takes time to care for his parents labelled as some sort of sponger who can't leave home is a pathetic below the belt punch.

As for threads about masturbation, they are not unique to this site. Masturbation is joked about on Bottom, Seinfeld, and there are plenty of songs that also cover the subject. I would suspect your imaginary 15 year old daughter (invented purely for the reason of strengthening an argument) would hear plenty of them in school.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    I think you have ruined a perfectly good chant.
    It's crap and so is Max Boyce

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    It's crap and so is Max Boyce
    You are entitled to your opinion which i respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Allez Allez View Post
    Hang on. I mean, literally how does this work? Does this now mean that Sludge could spot a woman getting touched up, abused, or harassed in the street - but not be allowed to report it because of a few jokey posts where he is, clearly, playing up to a persona that others here have helped to create?

Does this mean he can't debate anything on here ever again?

And, by all means you can call this thread a debate if you think it is one. But, it is clearly some people getting offended by someone with a different opinion and changing the debate from one about the offensive chanting into one about Sludge's offensive posts. How many of the people who find his posts offensive have reported it as such in the last 25 years? How can it suddenly become an issue?

The report function is spoken about in the FAQ for this board

Clearly if people start reporting Sludge's posts now after all this time then it is likely to be a personal matter rather than people genuinely being offended because, let's be fair, it's not like this is new behaviour. And, let's also be fair, the bloke has had a very trying time recently. Father with Alzheimer's, mother with loads of illnesses, to see someone who takes time to care for his parents labelled as some sort of sponger who can't leave home is a pathetic below the belt punch.

As for threads about masturbation, they are not unique to this site. Masturbation is joked about on Bottom, Seinfeld, and there are plenty of songs that also cover the subject. I would suspect your imaginary 15 year old daughter (invented purely for the reason of strengthening an argument) would hear plenty of them in school.
    Speaking of my imaginary daughter, the cretinous song is about imaginary actions. Should Lolita be banned even though it is imaginary?

Should Lolita be banned even though it is imaginary?
    No, and the author, if he were still alive and so minded, would be allowed to voice an opinion on the cretinous song wouldn't he? That is, of course, provided his view didn't differ from the viewpoint of the vocal few who have turned the "debate" as you generously described it into a personal discussion - in which case he would be labelled a pervert with unclean hands for his imaginations.

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Allez Allez View Post
    No, and the author, if he were still alive and so minded, would be allowed to voice an opinion on the cretinous song wouldn't he? That is, of course, provided his view didn't differ from the viewpoint of the vocal few who have turned the "debate" as you generously described it into a personal discussion - in which case he would be labelled a pervert with unclean hands for his imaginations.
    I think it's interesting to have a debate and not just fall dogmatically on one side of an argument or the other. Maybe people are offended by things I say and without my being aware. What does being offended really mean? Should people who have been victims of real crimes be offended by fictitious portrayals of such crimes in songs, literature and on TV? I am happy to debate, listen and contribute without necessarily having all the answers and can happily doff my cap to a valid point that I haven't considered or thought of. Believe it or not, I'm stone cold sober

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    You are entitled to your opinion which i respect.
    I respect your respecting him.

I think it's interesting to have a debate and not just fall dogmatically on one side of an argument or the other. Maybe people are offended by things I say and without my being aware. What does being offended really mean? Should people who have been victims of real crimes be offended by fictitious portrayals of such crimes in songs, literature and on TV? I am happy to debate, listen and contribute without necessarily having all the answers and can happily doff my cap to a valid point that I haven't considered or thought of. Believe it or not, I'm stone cold sober
    **** all of this, i'm off for a tommy tank!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Reported

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Whose hand you using?