Prince was a shock.

I remember being in school when Mercury died, but I wasn't too bothered. I hated Queen, and still think he was over-rated. Plus, we knew he was dying.

Bowie was a huge shock. Was driving to work, actually listening to Ziggy Stardust. The CD ended before I got to work, so I put the news on and they were reporting something on Radio 5. Got to work and just didn't feel like doing much because he was such a massive hero of mine.

Harrison dying was another shock, my car-sharing mate used to listen to Red Dragon, and I'd always moan about how crap the music was on the station. One morning they were playing "My Sweet Lord", I guessed it was a quiz question but then they said it was George Harrison dying and it was another day where I didn't do much in work.

I remember my gran coming to our flat to tell us Tommy Cooper had just died, and I also remember feeling sad when Morecambe died too. But, as a kid, all these were "old men" so their time had come. My gran also came to our house to tell us Diana had died.

Wacko Jacko was a shock but I honestly think the world is a better place without him.

Winehouse was a terrible tragedy, and I remember shouting out "No" in disbelief when news came through that Speedo had died.

Whitts is one of those I can't ever get my head around and so is probably the one that "sticks" with me at the moment.