+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T Eglwysilan rose and crown

O/T Eglwysilan rose and crown

Bit of advise required, visiting mam in Sept and she wants to visit my grand parents grave in the church yard at eglwysilan church, a pint may be in order too
    I used to go via the common hill and across the top but last time the road was barely passeable.
    heard a rumour that the road had been repaired. anyone local with knowledge,
    don't want to go via the upper boat as that road is so narrow

cheers in advance for any replies

Re: O/T Eglwysilan rose and crown

Go via Abertridw?

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    Bit of advise required, visiting mam in Sept and she wants to visit my grand parents grave in the church yard at eglwysilan church, a pint may be in order too
    I used to go via the common hill and across the top but last time the road was barely passeable.

Seemed OK last time I went through but all the roads up there are narrow

The pub shut down a while ago but looks like it's back open

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post

Live there so know it very well. You can go one of three ways. Pontypridd way, Caerphilly way or Abertridwr way. All roads perfectly passable.

Pub has been done out very nice and a lovely pint.

Edit just read your post again. All roads are like the Pontypridd way i.e. narrow.

All roads open but just a swine to get there.

I remember it must be 30 years ago sat outside in the beer garden there with my missus and baby daughter, when I saw my brother in law driving in in his Lada but let’s just say the women sat next to him wasn’t my sister in law, but a younger lady!. My bro in law spotted us as he was driving in and just pushed his lady friends head beneath the dashboard and parked up. He fronted it out then by coming over to us saying his wife had said we were going up there and he just thought he’d join us if that was ok with us. He got a pint in and drank it while leaving his bird lying flat in the car. My missus was going apocalyptic with him while I just sat there pissing myself laughing.

cheers for the relies, mam lives in trallwn and we used to live up the common so that way was second nature, will try that way just slowly slowly, hot shot good story