+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: CCMB Book Club

Re: CCMB Book Club

Quick mention of the late Dannie Abse's poetry - here's one about CCFC http://www.urban75.org/cardiff/abse.html

Not a former CCMB as far as I know but a lifelong City fan.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    "With Berlusconi I learned very quickly that as he owns AC Milan my job is to please Berlusconi. The tradition at Milan is to play attractive football, which is different from juventus where most important thing is to win. So I built a team for Berlusconi to enjoy."

Goes on to say that as he owns the club he can't stop him coming in the changing rooms to "make his jokes" and even listen to the team talk if he likes..as he owns the club.

Can you imagine the uproar among our fans if tan was in the changing room reeling off one liners pulling his belt up as Sabri gave the team talk? Yet one of the best and most successful managers understands and brushes it off!!!
    If it was successful and he knew anything about football it would be a start and if it brought success then accepted.

Asking David Marshall why he hasn't scored and playing montages of players scoring from their own half is a world away from that.

I read Quiet Leadership myself a month or so back. Interesting that the quiet man got the results with what many will see as the opposite to the traditional hair dryer treatment.

It also mentions many times that it is as important as a manager to manage up as well as down, maybe even more so. I'm sure that is the case here especially. Which is why I believe Warnock has been our most successful and our least experienced men some of the shortest tenures.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    "With Berlusconi I learned very quickly that as he owns AC Milan my job is to please Berlusconi. The tradition at Milan is to play attractive football, which is different from juventus where most important thing is to win. So I built a team for Berlusconi to enjoy."

Goes on to say that as he owns the club he can't stop him coming in the changing rooms to "make his jokes" and even listen to the team talk if he likes..as he owns the club.

Can you imagine the uproar among our fans if tan was in the changing room reeling off one liners pulling his belt up as Sabri gave the team talk? Yet one of the best and most successful managers understands and brushes it off!!!
    But Vinnie is Bad

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    But Vinnie is Bad
    Yeah. We need him in the dressing room more. That's our problem, we've not had enough interference from VT.

Anyway, who says Tan hasn't been in the changing room? Lee Peltier said he took strikers to pray to Buddha for goals pre game. Did they just bump into him on the off chance?

Comparing what AC Milan do and what City do is ridiculous. One team are successful. The other looks like it is run like a circus.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Good morning all,

Followed the link above and then started looking at random reports.
    Luckily for TOBW, it'd take very little editing to get his next publication ready:
    https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/cardi...middle-ground/

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

Buy Fortune and Fame via Amazon or Waterstones on line

Visit @fortuneandfame0

Written by 2 lifelong ccfc fans! Many City references.