Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
Do you think your views are “reflective of the fan base”?
Not at all!

Blue Lewj makes the point that if the board sign players for Mick this off-season we might just be continuing the cycle of boring football - though Watkins was edged out recently so no guarantee that happens - and that they doubt Mick can play more exciting football, though the Walesonline article in OP disagrees with that.

If Mick is truly a pragmatic manager then football should be defined by players available. It's therefore encouraging that looking to recent past and near future we can see that the spine of the team changing by:

- Etheredge and Patterson being replaced by Phillips and Moore,
- Flint and/or Morrison being replaced by McGuinness and/or Denham ("unlike their seniors, they were all pretty comfortable passing out from the back")
- At least one of Pack, Ralls and Vaulks being replaced by Wintle ("chosen" by Neil Critchley, formerly Liverpool youth manager) and maybe Bowen.

It's encouraging to read things like "They have also, however, rather quietly been doing some other more progressive recruitment, bringing down the average age and wage of a creaking squad from the Warnock era, and adding more technicality to the team." about our side from QPR fans on LoftforWords and hear "I really like their signings, I really liked their signings last January as well - the recruitment is good" from Notthe20 podcast in pre-season.

Notthe20 asked whether Mick was the force of old and that plus injuries/covid/small squad might be where we're being let down now and next season too seeing as it's unlikely we buy him out of contract.

But I struggle to see how a side with U23's pleasing people with results and style, a genuine pathway for appearances into the first team and our recent senior signings being praised from outside doesn't have hope for the future. The one thing missing really is the 90minutes for the senior side, but how doesn't that change if other things are going reasonably well?