Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
That's a very rose tinted view if I may say so. You're making a huge assumption in thinking that McGuiness and Denham are going to help us become more of a passing side while also maintaining what have been pretty high defensive standards with Morrison and Flint.

It's the same in midfield where you're thinking that a player, who has never played at this level before this season and is not considered good enough for the moment to challenge for a first team place and a talented kid who is just getting into the first team can improve (because that's what we're talking here) on a midfield group that, for all that I moan about them, have got the experience of hundreds of Championship games between them,
I think it's very hard to predict whether things will become a success and, just like Arsenal, putting too much hope that kids with high potential will change things for the better can be a tricky path so I appreciate your post.

But one poster earlier asked why I got my hope from and hearing several positive comments about our youth system and our transfer business is my answer. John1959 said something I agree with in the 5 years' profit/loss thread (https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.ph...ases-and-sales) and maybe them saying it in a less abrasive(?) manner allows people to see some encouraging moves are being made which hopefully will filter into the 90 minutes.