Good question - who really is running our club??

While it would be so easy to point the finger at MM and say he is to blame, it is not entirely his fault for the awful mess this club is in. Hate to say it, but leadership starts at the top and there is very little evidence of strategic planning going on at board level at the moment.

One wonders what they do when they have boardroom meetings at the club? Do they ever discuss the short/medium/long-term plans and wonder how they can improve things?

As the owner of the club, Vincent Tan needs to be looking at his decision makers like Dalman and Choo and asking whether he is really getting value for money out of them. They are, after all, supposed to oversee matters at Cardiff City and provide suitable governance. My concern is whether Tan is prepared to fire his loyal henchmen out of fear of being accused of poor recruitment in the first place.

In my opinion, he would gain far more respect if he were to shake up the senior management team and bring in people who are forward thinkers and able to design/implement a proper strategy.

I would be starting the cull with the CEO who is at the top of this decision-making pyramid and then take a long hard look at the others who perhaps are not fulfilling their duties at the club either.