+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OUR PLAYERS OUT ON LOAN ?

Re: OUR PLAYERS OUT ON LOAN ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Let’s give them a decent chance here.
    Whyte and Murphy have had plenty of chances. Watters can’t get in a League 1 side.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    There’s a reason Hull didn’t get Whyte back. Wintle might be Ok but the others aren’t good enough. Watters can’t even get into the MK Dons team and Murphy might come back but I doubt it, we probably need the money.
    Mark Harris scored 2 in 16 for Newport and 3 in 24 for Wrexham. 3 in 27 for us. Watters has joined a pretty packed strikers stable at MK Dons with Troy Parrott being understandably the hottest watched. Watters has 1 in 2 currently there. I don't think he is a guaranteed improvement of course but I'd like to see him back to give us another outlet for an attack which is completely without fruit.

Quote Originally Posted by gabbsthenewt View Post
    Mark Harris scored 2 in 16 for Newport and 3 in 24 for Wrexham. 3 in 27 for us. Watters has joined a pretty packed strikers stable at MK Dons with Troy Parrott being understandably the hottest watched. Watters has 1 in 2 currently there. I don't think he is a guaranteed improvement of course but I'd like to see him back to give us another outlet for an attack which is completely without fruit.
    Let’s be honest, Mark Harris probably isn’t good enough either but has really kicked on. Watters is better off playing for MK Dons instead of not making the squad here

Harris
    Screenshot_20211024-124503_Chrome.jpg

Watters
    Screenshot_20211024-124602_Chrome.jpg

Harris isn't good enough at the moment and I don't believe he ever will be, Watters imo would be better taking any minutes afforded currently to Harris, and given we are absolutely dry of goals and Dalaman is saying no more incomings in January- I don't see why not if they would accept the bill to bring him back.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Let’s be honest, Mark Harris probably isn’t good enough either but has really kicked on. Watters is better off playing for MK Dons instead of not making the squad here
    I agree, Harris looks a far better player this season than when he first came into the side. He's looked decent for Wales too though I think he is currently in poor form (who isn't?)

I think with Watters and the others its the classic example of bang average players going on loan and all of a sudden they're the answer to our prayers, even if they're not playing particularly well on loan

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Would you recall any?
    Fresh start and all that?

Watters
    Whyte
    Murphy
    Wintle
    All were in a mess

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I agree, Harris looks a far better player this season than when he first came into the side. He's looked decent for Wales too though I think he is currently in poor form (who isn't?)

I think with Watters and the others its the classic example of bang average players going on loan and all of a sudden they're the answer to our prayers, even if they're not playing particularly well on loan
    Being fair Watters did little wrong since being here - he was put in the same U23 team all the other lads being given the step up have been playing for and was banging them in for them last season - more so than I think Harris could even do now even with the extra time on the pitch at Championship level he has over Watters.