+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff city have "enlisted the help of a football person of experience" so says Rob phillips

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cardiff city have "enlisted the help of a football person of experience" so says Rob phillips

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Old Veloajonica would be our savour nowadays 😁
    I think I nearly saw him come on as sub once...
    Perhaps in the future, future generations of City fans will listen in awed silence to the story of "How I nearly saw Velakonjar come on as sub once".

Re: Cardiff city have "enlisted the help of a football person of experience" so says Rob phillips

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfSiamIAm View Post
    Perhaps in the future, future generations of City fans will listen in awed silence to the story of "How I nearly saw Velakonjar come on as sub once".
    Loving all the different spellings of Velerconya

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Loving all the different spellings of Velerconya
    Glad you haven't seen my feeble attempt at spelling the current Man utd manager on another thread

Glad you haven't seen my feeble attempt at spelling the current Man utd manager on another thread
    I was only playing. My spelling's wrong too! I think his name was typed incorrectly three times (maybe four with mine) in the thread and it just tickled me.

Anyway, the current Man U manager can always be referred to as 'he who must not be named' considering his connection with us. That always gets me out of jail. More letters but easier on the eye!

Olly Gunner Solshire?

Velikonja was waiting to come on against Bolton in the penultimate home game of our promotion season in 2013 when someone picked up an injury (can't remember who) and Malky had to change the substitution.

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    Velikonja was waiting to come on against Bolton in the penultimate home game of our promotion season in 2013 when someone picked up an injury (can't remember who) and Malky had to change the substitution.
    Was it superKev that got injured? Hence they had to bring on a defender instead.
    I vaguely remember that a few of the players seemed to be stifling grins at the time; which makes me wonder now if the “attempt” at bringing him on and superKev’s injury was pre-planned.

Was it superKev that got injured? Hence they had to bring on a defender instead.
    I vaguely remember that a few of the players seemed to be stifling grins at the time; which makes me wonder now if the “attempt” at bringing him on and superKev’s injury was pre-planned.
    I think you are right and the substitution was changed to Ben Nugent (the only defender on the bench for that one).

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    I think you are right and the substitution was changed to Ben Nugent (the only defender on the bench for that one).
    Confirmed: https://www.skysports.com/football/c...n/teams/262348