+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cardiff city have "enlisted the help of a football person of experience" so says Rob phillips

Cardiff city have "enlisted the help of a football person of experience" so says Rob phillips

https://twitter.com/robphillipshere/...898429440?s=20

Who's that then? Russell slade most likely? Glenn roeder again perhaps?

Re: Cardiff city have "enlisted the help of a football person of experience" so says Rob phillips

I doubt it's the latter to be honest.

Re: Cardiff city have "enlisted the help of a football person of experience" so says Rob phillips

There was a programme about 10 years ago on Peterborough United, and they brought in Ron Atkinson for his football experience.
    If I remember it didn't end too well, and the then Peterborough manager ended up managing a North wales club in the league of Wales

Mike Flynn

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I doubt it's the latter to be honest.
    Oops totally missed that one!

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    I think this is the only thing you can do Father....

Spotted Neil Warnock last night in chippy Alley ( ooops sorry Caroline Street ) munching on Chicken Off Bone Curry n Chips from Dorothy's , like a magician he was using the condiments containers like a tactical chess board , bloody fascinating stuff tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me at all if the club tried though before making the same mistake.

As for Russell Slade, how ironic that the club would ask our last equivalent of a Director of Football (albeit short lived) for advice?

Didn’t they approach Dave Jones once to do something similar? But, it was then pointed out that, they were still paying him off after his recent sacking.

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfSiamIAm View Post
    Didn’t they approach Dave Jones once to do something similar? But, it was then pointed out that, they were still paying him off after his recent sacking.
    I wonder how many people we are still paying after a sacking .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I wonder how many people we are still paying after a sacking .
    Add that to anyone we are paying to pay on loan to another club.
    I wonder… are we still paying that Velaconja fellah?

We don't need a director of football though...

Add that to anyone we are paying to pay on loan to another club.
    I wonder… are we still paying that Velaconja fellah?
    Old Veloajonica would be our savour nowadays 😁

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Old Veloajonica would be our savour nowadays 😁
    I think I nearly saw him come on as sub once...
    Perhaps in the future, future generations of City fans will listen in awed silence to the story of "How I nearly saw Velakonjar come on as sub once".

Nice of Mick to help out

I think I nearly saw him come on as sub once...
    Perhaps in the future, future generations of City fans will listen in awed silence to the story of "How I nearly saw Velakonjar come on as sub once".
    Loving all the different spellings of Velerconya

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Loving all the different spellings of Velerconya
    Glad you haven't seen my feeble attempt at spelling the current Man utd manager on another thread

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer?

Glad you haven't seen my feeble attempt at spelling the current Man utd manager on another thread
    I was only playing. My spelling's wrong too! I think his name was typed incorrectly three times (maybe four with mine) in the thread and it just tickled me.

Anyway, the current Man U manager can always be referred to as 'he who must not be named' considering his connection with us. That always gets me out of jail. More letters but easier on the eye!

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Nice of Mick to help out
    Hope not. Hope Wanky Warnock keeps his big gonk out of it to

Olly Gunner Solshire?

Quote Originally Posted by stevo View Post
    Ole Gunnar Solskjaer?
    This just makes my eyes bleed!

Quote Originally Posted by stevo View Post
    Ole Gunnar Solskjaer?
    I have it on good authority from a Norwegian mate of mine that his surname is pronounced Soolshar.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Hope not. Hope Wanky Warnock keeps his big gonk out of it to
    You just know he'll make out he's been part of any decision-making anyway don't you?!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I have it on good authority from a Norwegian mate of mine that his surname is pronounced Soolshar.
    That's interesting because I heard that if you play it backwards using an old Vinyl disc thing it sounds like Korneilyus.