+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Eddie Newton.

Eddie Newton.

I’m finally listening to the Eddie Newton episode of A bit of Swazz and he’s very impressive in that, despite only being here for a few months, he totally “gets” Cardiff City in a way that the owner and his sidekicks don’t despite them being here for more than a decade in some cases.Besides that, he's been saying how you need a different type of fitness to play defensive, sit behind the ball and counter attack football than you do to play the sort of pass and move football that we’ve not played in ages.

Based on what he’s saying in the podcast and what he’s done in his coaching career, we could do a lot worse than give him the manager’s job.

Re: Eddie Newton.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I’m finally listening to the Eddie Newton episode of A bit of Swazz and he’s very impressive in that, despite only being here for a few months, he totally “gets” Cardiff City in a way that the owner and his sidekicks don’t despite them being here for more than a decade in some cases.Besides that, he's been saying how you need a different type of fitness to play defensive, sit behind the ball and counter attack football than you do to play the sort of pass and move football that we’ve not played in ages.

Based on what he’s saying in the podcast and what he’s done in his coaching career, we could do a lot worse than give him the manager’s job.
    I believe he fails on the current "key" criteria of having played for Millwall.

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    I believe he fails on the current "key" criteria of having played for Millwall.
    True (the job’s as good as Jody Morris’ already) - Newton being mates with Nathan Blake probably doesn’t help his cause either.

Quiz,,,, Eddie Newton was joined by another loanee at around the same time he arrived.
    What was his name

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Quiz,,,, Eddie Newton was joined by another loanee at around the same time he arrived.
    What was his name
    Gerry Harrison?

What was his name
    James Harper… Edit: I think he was later

Definitely Gerry Harrison. Think Ken De Mange signed around then as well, or was that earlier?

Yes Gerry Harrison is the correct answer

Yes Gerry Harrison is the correct answer
    He scored in first City game I went to - Hereford Away. Feb 1992. 2-2.

I thought exactly the same when I heard that podcast. He came accrued very well.