+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: COP 26 Summit

Re: COP 26 Summit

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Aren’t you just describing capitalism?

Sounds like leaving the system as is but jacking the prices of everything up via hyper inflation would be a lot more profitable than making companies spend loads of money on R&D.

Also globalist is seen as an anti Semitic term as it’s often used by conspiracy theorists to means “the Jews”. Maybe be careful using it.

Also why wouldn’t that have been picked up by at least one notable journalist? Sounds like a huge story that would make someone very famous and a lot of money.

Yes, I am.

I agree.

I don’t follow conspiracy theorists, so I haven’t heard the term globalism used ….. er ……as you described.

As for journalists, who do they work for?

They wouldn’t be allowed to expose what their bosses are up to, would they?

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    Fair play Whisperer, you have taken on the CCMB pile on crew in this Fred you got no chance some Freds are best just observed only. Having a cleaner earth for those who come after us isn't a bad idea IMO, debating how we do it is impossible, the science has already been decided.
    4 people have disagreed with Whisperer on this thread, 2 also have reservations about Greta Thunburg and 90% of it is Croesy debating with him 1 on 1 and you're screaming "pile on"

Stop being so sensitive.

But I’ve actually researched the topic of global warming and written a paper on it, I’m not going to be open minded to global warming not being real.

What else could I be less closed minded about? I’m very open minded I’m just not opening to believing anything that is obviously not true.
    Yeah there was a time when some researched and wrote a paper on the world being flat, it’s good to keep open minded.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Sidney Ruff-Diamond View Post
    Yes, I am.

I agree.

I don’t follow conspiracy theorists, so I haven’t heard the term globalism used ….. er ……as you described.

As for journalists, who do they work for?

They wouldn’t be allowed to expose what their bosses are up to, would they?
    Every single journalist in the world is on the payroll?

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    It’s not what you’ve posted so much, it’s more about your closed mindedness, I’m in the (I don’t know) camp where you come across so definite.
    She’s definitely a puppet on someone’s string so for me she’s not authentic.

Yeah there was a time when some researched and wrote a paper on the world being flat, it’s good to keep open minded.
    Scientific conclusions can move and that’s why we never say anything is 100% but this is as close to 100% as you can get.

Also the earth was thought to be spherical a long time before the “stories” of it being flat. As again there was irrefutable proof.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myth_of_the_flat_Earth

Are you open minded to the world being flat still?

Every single journalist in the world is on the payroll?
    Which journalists work for free?

So you think every single journalist in the world cannot be trusted? No matter who they work for or if they’re freelance?

You think no one what either side of the political divide they’re on would want to break that story?

But you still know about all this? From what source if no journalist is reporting on it?

What the hell has Facebook and the dailymail done to the boomers?

It isn't even a debate now, man made climate change is happening 99% of scientists say so, companies like ExxonMobil realised this in the 70s and instead of doing anything about it they ran disinformation campaigns to confuse the public which has worked really well.

You'll be remembered as the most selfish generation that has ever lived. Young people are screaming for action and you're just laughing it off.

Did that paper follow the scientific method?

Because somebody was wrong thousands of years ago means we have to throw out all science now? How much lead paint did you ingest as a kid?

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    Did that paper follow the scientific method?

Because somebody was wrong thousands of years ago means we have to throw out all science now? How much lead paint did you ingest as a kid?
    They weren’t even wrong it’s basically a myth.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    That’s a fair cop guv.🤣

So you think every single journalist in the world cannot be trusted? No matter who they work for or if they’re freelance?

You think no one what either side of the political divide they’re on would want to break that story?

But you still know about all this? From what source if no journalist is reporting on it?

“So you think……….”

Actually, now I have had time to think about it logically, I am wrong. You are right.

Scientific conclusions can move and that’s why we never say anything is 100% but this is as close to 100% as you can get.

Also the earth was thought to be spherical a long time before the “stories” of it being flat. As again there was irrefutable proof.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myth_of_the_flat_Earth

Are you open minded to the world being flat still?
    Exactly nothings 100% in the world of conclusions.

They weren’t even wrong it’s basically a myth.
    in the last 2000 years almost all people involved in science in the west have known that the earth is not flat. the ancient Greeks knew it.
    for a short period some religious fanatics denied it but that can hardly be seen as a failing of science.
    interestingly the Chinese believed it was flat until the C17th, even though they understood the heavens to be a sphere. which probably says more about their level of interest in the world beyond their borders at that point than anything else.

“So you think……….”

Actually, now I have had time to think about it logically, I am wrong. You are right.
    Didn’t mean to be offensive or anything I was just trying to understand the thought process behind it

But that’s the whole scientific method, it doesn’t mean something isn’t happening.

And I can tell you global warming is happening and it’s caused by CO2 in the atmosphere and great deal of which comes from fossil fuels.

Is it a ccmb problem or is it a wider world problem where the exact type of person to call someone a snowflake gets offended and defensive when someone disagrees with their opinion and provides proof?

These ones do, they exist through donantions, they are the same people who broke the story on the panama papers:
    https://www.icij.org/about/icijs-story/

https://www.icij.org/investigations/...-change-lobby/

NPR are another good not for profit media group - https://www.npr.org/about/

I'm not as down on the "main stream media" as others but doing a little background research if you don't believe something is usually very easy.

This is an oxymoron

You've used the word exactly, followed by nothing and described it in mathematical terms about a conclusion which is meant to be a judgement or decision reached by reasoning.

Is it a ccmb problem or is it a wider world problem where the exact type of person to call someone a snowflake gets offended and defensive when someone disagrees with their opinion and provides proof?
    Seems to be a huge problem with those aged 45+ who read the daily mail, sun or the express. They just parrot Rupert murdoch without any thought behind it.

I don’t know who’s behind her, but I would take a guess at big green corporate business…she’s a child that’s being exploited (child abuse) a bit like Judy Garland was back in the day.
    Or, if we're going to debate whilst throwing out the laws of physics - it could just be the lizard people.

“Some like to pit a healthy planet against a healthy economy,” Emile-Geay says. “That’s a false dichotomy. It’s in our power to build an economy centered on ecological and humanistic values instead. The laws of physics won’t change, but our laws can.”

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    Not much to disagree with there.