+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do people just pick a team out of a hat to support ?

Re: Do people just pick a team out of a hat to support ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I wish that I'd had a hat, the old man walked me down to Ninian park at 10 years old and stuck me at the bottom of the Bob bank with a panda pop and a quarter of cola cubes. If he was flush we'd get a pasty from Franklin's as well.
    Do you still have cravings. You've just triggered mine!

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Gethin Jones from that one show nonsense

Cardiff born

Everton ? ??????????

Wtf is all that about ?

Is it just me ? Am I losing my mind ?
    Oddly enough Everton was my club as a kid. Mainly because I grew up in Cardiff but my family weren't a football family so I was never taken to the City. In the 80s Everton had more Welsh stars than any other team you could watch on the telly - so they were my team.

Then I got to my teens and was able to take myself down the City.

I am devastated a tory voting Scottish bloke who voted for brexit finds me tedious

I feel my life is over
    I could ridicule for many things.
    You are to be pitied not scolded.

A lot of the kids in my sons football teams will be Cardiff fans + also fans of a big 6 club, which at least in an improvement on when I was that age when there were jus Man U and Liverpool fans. It definitely has to do with the "reach" of the ultra rich clubs - I'm sure my kids were aware of teams like Barcelona and Real Madrid from chat in the playground long before they knew that Cardiff had a team, or even that they live in Cardiff. Was a similar story in my day too

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    Oddly enough Everton was my club as a kid. Mainly because I grew up in Cardiff but my family weren't a football family so I was never taken to the City. In the 80s Everton had more Welsh stars than any other team you could watch on the telly - so they were my team.

Then I got to my teens and was able to take myself down the City.
    Good lad

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I could ridicule for many things.
    You are to be pitied not scolded.
    Right back at you

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    A lot of the kids in my sons football teams will be Cardiff fans + also fans of a big 6 club, which at least in an improvement on when I was that age when there were jus Man U and Liverpool fans. It definitely has to do with the "reach" of the ultra rich clubs - I'm sure my kids were aware of teams like Barcelona and Real Madrid from chat in the playground long before they knew that Cardiff had a team, or even that they live in Cardiff. Was a similar story in my day too
    I understand young lads supporting man United, of course

But grown men in replica tops in South Wales pubs

Get a grip chaps

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I don't want to get involved in the nonsense, but Demb may have his daughter on weekends, used to take her until she got bored of it. So he may spend rime with her doing something that she enjoys. We don't know peoples circumstances.
    I didn't feel the need to correct his post as its what he is looking for from me, to get a little nibble, it's strange. But you're spot on yes.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I didn't feel the need to correct his post as its what he is looking for from me, to get a little nibble, it's strange. But you're spot on yes.
    Coming from anyone else but from you , Mr agent provocateur, that's rich

You contributed your usual self to this thread , next time .....ignore it

Easily done

Coming from anyone else but from you , Mr agent provocateur, that's rich

You contributed your usual self to this thread , next time .....ignore it

Easily done
    Sure thing Tuerto.

Sure thing Tuerto.
    There , that's better xx

The next thread you start I will see if I find it interesting . If it isn't I will go onto the next thread .

Everyone's a winner

There , that's better xx

The next thread you start I will see if I find it interesting . If it isn't I will go onto the next thread .

Everyone's a winner
    People will, every so often, post things you don't agree with and have their own opinions on your threads. That's life.

At least it isn't another shit rock band thread or some shite advice thread or something you could find out on Google, and actually relates to football. Keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Did you mean Andrew?
    Yes I did. I guess we will have to wait till Harry goes on the Oprah Winfrey show again to find out his truth about who he supports.

There's a whole host of reasons people may support a certain team, I had a teacher from Aberystwyth who supported Ipswich! Guy I go down with was an Arsenal fan when he was younger because that's who his family supported.

Why would a kid be more inclined to support Cardiff if they had nobody to take them down? Its hardly like you're full of civic pride at the age of 8

People will, every so often, post things you don't agree with and have their own opinions on your threads. That's life.

At least it isn't another shit rock band thread or some shite advice thread or something you could find out on Google, and actually relates to football. Keep it up.
    Well there's not agreeing with someone and having an opinion and purposely poking your nose in , which u often do on my and other peoples threads , just to get a reaction . Such as this thread is crap or whatever your phrase is on a particular day. Then when you do get a reaction you cry wolf . You do it all the time , as often as I post about .....shit rock bands .

So , do as you would be done by , as the old saying goes .

I wish i had...maybe i would have got a more successful and less controversial team

According to footballgroundmap there are 68 clubs closer to me in Caerphilly than the CCS. We’re all plastic to an extent, each to their own.

Some people like watching football as a form of entertainment instead of a form of commitment. When he was young Everton were one of the better teams in the country. If you wanted entertaining, high quality football then they were the team to watch. I guess continuously watching them gave him an affinity for Everton and hence he considers himself a supporter.

It’s not like Ninian Park was exactly a welcoming place for new fans back in the day with the idiots and hooligan following we had. And if you enjoyed the sport to be entertained by good football then CCFC certainly weren’t the team to follow.

For some, football is a form of entertainment equivalent to TV, Films, Music, etc. If it’s poor quality they, understandably, would look elsewhere to be entertained.

Get a grip chaps

I think grown men sporting any football shirt, whatever the team, whilst not playing football need sectioning.

Only my humble opinion.

You do this rant every so often and it obviously winds you up. Try counselling or cannabis?

Get a grip chaps
    They are the same people, just 20 years apart.

I would normally say they are missing out, and the best action is the live football at the ground. But it's hard to stand by that given the state of the "football" they would otherwise have been subjected to had they ditched their plastic ways and come to the CCS instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    They are the same people, just 20 years apart.

I would normally say they are missing out, and the best action is the live football at the ground. But it's hard to stand by that given the state of the "football" they would otherwise have been subjected to had they ditched their plastic ways and come to the CCS instead.
    And that’s the catch22, if they ditched their plastic ways or plastic ways didn’t exist perhaps our football wouldn’t be in such a state, our crowds would have been swelled with these other ‘fans’ and we’d be riding high in the top division due to the extra revenue……..meanwhile back on planet earth

Has anyone still got this hat? ....asking for a friend

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    With American sports that’s exactly what I did
    How was your luck?

I'm openly a glory supporter when it comes to American sports. I "support" (read: watch) the Seattle Seahawks because when I got back into the NFL, they were the best team with the most exciting players. Because of the excellent way NFL works most teams get a go at being good and crap. my team is now crap. So I may decide to switch after this season. It's bloody excellent, scouting for a new team to support.