Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
How's the sentiment towards Nigel Pearson at the moment?
I felt at the time, you'd made a good signing, however, results for you seem to be disappointing during his tenure, particularly at home.

It's fair to say that we haven't been overly enamoured with the signings we've made from your club over the past few seasons, but I wouldn't mind if we were to take Andreas Weimann from you. He seems to come up with a goal or two for you.
On our former players you’ve signed I would say:

Bobby Reid - Best player you’ve signed from us. Always liked him. Bit of a big head apparently but his talent is clearly there.

Tomlin - Will go down as one of the most wasted natural talent players I’ve seen. It’s all there but because of his demons/fitness/attitude etc he will never amount to anything more than what he’s been.

Pack - I always liked Marlon. I thought he always was a scapegoat because he was never fancy and did the shit job that nobody liked.
In saying that I’ve seen him lose the ball in the worst possible positions and cause goals all over the country. Derby away sticking in my mind.

Flint - He’s a clogger. A 6 foot 5 clogger. What you see is what you get.
Can put in some superb challenges and save the team.
His strength is his weakness. Superb header of the ball in the opposition box because of his size and power.
BUT watch him head the ball as a defender in your own half, he puts absolutely no f’ing direction on it and just blindly heads it forward usually to an opposition player.
It’s proper League One defending.
He also has the pace of a peak Andy Fordham.

But he scored some great goals and had some great years with us. But you need a pacy defender with him - we had Liam Fontaine.

If you turn it around we haven’t had many Cardiff players but I really like Gavin Williams.
Lovely bloke as well as a good player.