+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nextbike pulling their bikes from Cardiff

Re: Nextbike pulling their bikes from Cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I honestly don’t think that’s true. People have been saying this since time immaterial. Most kids seems better behaved these days than when I was a kid.

The problems are more due to the poor getting poorer and services being cut and leaving people with no support when they need it.
    Most families now can afford an extra tv and games console so kids can stay indoors

I'm sure i heard that they have the bikes at 300 other sites but cardiff is the only one with serious issues. Makes my blood boil.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Morality of each generation is watered down.
    The parents were bad, kids are worse typically.

Agenda Setters, CPS, Knicker Wetters and Tory Cuts have all contributed to a semi lawlessness and certainly fearlessness.

Throw in a bit of Drill for fun as well.
    I don't agree. The younger generations are highly moral. I work in an office with a large number of people in their early 20s and another cohort of people very close to retirement and you wouldn't say the older ones were the more moral

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    The city centre has become a shithole in the last 10 years though.
    I don't agree with that either. Sure it is a bit cyclical when one end of town gets a facelift then the other end ends up going downhill a bit but I wouldnt say that town was a shithole by any stretch of the imagination

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I don't agree with that either. Sure it is a bit cyclical when one end of town gets a facelift then the other end ends up going downhill a bit but I wouldnt say that town was a shithole by any stretch of the imagination
    It's not, a lot of investment has been pumped into the centre, whether people overall agree with the projects or not, on the whole it hasn't been left to rot like some other towns or cities.

It just attracts a lot of "undesirables", I don't think this is unique to Cardiff at all but perhaps the compact nature of the centre doesn't help.

Regarding the bikes I don't understand why they didn't just increase the retainer a while ago, you could take the bike for just 5 quid upfront.

A considerably larger retainer or whatever they called it surely would have put off some of the more casual thugs.

Yes it would also have put off some visitors but I'd have imagined most income would have come from those that live or work here and use them repeatedly.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Cardiff is the only city in the UK where the Nextbike rental scheme has been suspended.
    This is shocking isn't it.

Many people use these for commuting and will now have to find an alternative.
    Theres just far too many bell ends around with no respect for other people or property.

I would have assumed that if you don't return it in one piece, it got charged to your payment card - clearly this isn't happening

Every time I’ve driven past a rack for these they are all empty. I’ve contemplated using them to get back and for the stadium on a Match day.

Hopefully they will be replaced and not damaged again.

I honestly don’t think that’s true. People have been saying this since time immaterial. Most kids seems better behaved these days than when I was a kid.

The problems are more due to the poor getting poorer and services being cut and leaving people with no support when they need it.
    Quelle surprise!

Same problems everywhere!

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...s-in-the-canal

Andy Burnham has pleaded with residents of Greater Manchester not to chuck its latest fleet of hire bikes into the canal when the region’s £17m rental scheme opens this month.

Burnham, the mayor of Greater Manchester and a recent convert to cycling, admitted he was nervous about the launch of the Bee Bikes after their predecessors ended up swimming with the fishes.

“I would just say to people: these are your bikes, we own them. So, please look after them,” he said. “Damaging your own stuff doesn’t make sense.” He insisted he would rather they didn’t call them “Burnham Bikes” but stick to their Sunday name, inspired by Manchester’s civic symbol, the worker bee.

In 2017 Manchester was the first UK city to test dockless bike hire when the Chinese firm Mobike pedalled into town.

Within a year Mobike gave up, after hundreds of bikes each month ended up at the bottom of the Manchester Ship Canal and various other waterways. Others were strung up lampposts, abandoned in the Arndale shopping centre, locked in secure car parks and hidden in sheds. A startling number had their locks hacked off – and with them, their inbuilt GPS trackers.

Is that relevant?

Don’t agree with that. Sorry to do the usual “in my day” but when I was 7-8year old in 1960, being really poor was the norm. We didn’t have anything that todays generation expect. We did have support though as everyone seemed to be “in the same boat” so the community helped their own

You asked me this before.
    It was regarding a discussion about Brexit.
    I gave you a thoughtful response then (tldr: you're a sanctimonious cnut".

I'll be home the end of the Month (If that's OK with you) and I'm going to come home every 3 months to visit my Father.

Feral behavior bothers me.
    As do people that "water" it.
    Totally fine, appreciate you asking though. Have a safe flight

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Don’t agree with that. Sorry to do the usual “in my day” but when I was 7-8year old in 1960, being really poor was the norm. We didn’t have anything that todays generation expect. We did have support though as everyone seemed to be “in the same boat” so the community helped their own
    No crimes in the 60s at all was there?

Quelle surprise!
    Stop crying you ****ing fanny

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I don't agree. The younger generations are highly moral. I work in an office with a large number of people in their early 20s and another cohort of people very close to retirement and you wouldn't say the older ones were the more moral
    Exactly I was a complete bastard when I was younger. It’s mad people think it’s getting worse.

Do people get old and forget what it was like when they were kids? Mad it happens to every generation too.

We are in a weird situation where football matches are now sterile and safe according to some on here but at the same time kids are bastards who have no respect any more.

Can’t believe people get old and fall into the same “better in my day” traps.

When I see be posters who say it though it’s usually the least surprising ones.

We are in a weird situation where football matches are now sterile and safe according to some on here but at the same time kids are bastards who have no respect any more.

Can’t believe people get old and fall into the same “better in my day” traps.

When I see be posters who say it though it’s usually the least surprising ones.
    Yep, and Soft Cocks like you with the blinkers on denying that feral behavior is getting worse.

Yep, and Soft Cocks like you with the blinkers on denying that feral behavior is getting worse.
    By ever measurable metric it isn’t though. You’ve just got rose tinted glasses on because you’re old.

By ever measurable metric it isn’t though. You’ve just got rose tinted glasses on because you’re old.
    Actually he's got phenomenal vision because he can see it all from 3500 miles away so you look a bit silly tbh

In my experience, things aren't getting worse. Where i grew up was violent. I was always fighting or getting bullied. Vandalism was rife, bus shelters were made from a kind of non vandal plastic which had metal strips in them. Phone boxes were constantly ****ed, graffiti was much worse. The pubs were full of 'Charcters' who didn't seem to go home, neglected their kids and wife.

The younger generation seem much kinder and accepting than we were, more gentle and less threatening than my generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    In my experience, things aren't getting worse. Where i grew up was violent. I was always fighting or getting bullied. Vandalism was rife, bus shelters were made from a kind of non vandal plastic which had metal strips in them. Phone boxes were constantly ****ed, graffiti was much worse. The pubs were full of 'Charcters' who didn't seem to go home, neglected their kids and wife.

The younger generation seem much kinder and accepting than we were, more gentle and less threatening than my generation.
    Same when I was younger and stories from when my old man was younger sounds like it was worse.

It doesn’t mean there isn’t a scumbags about or that some people are still causing trouble but to say it’s worse now than ever is madness.

Kids throwing some push bikes around they wouldn’t have done that in the 70s!

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Actually he's got phenomenal vision because he can see it all from 3500 miles away so you look a bit silly tbh
    Ah ****, I can’t believe I’ve done this.

Same when I was younger and stories from when my old man was younger sounds like it was worse.

It doesn’t mean there isn’t a scumbags about or that some people are still causing trouble but to say it’s worse now than ever is madness.

Kids throwing some push bikes around they wouldn’t have done that in the 70s!
    The 70s and a large part of the 80s was ****ed. Have a look at the culture, particularly aimed towards men, specifically working class men. It was about being tough, taking no shit, doing what the **** you wanted (outside of work) big drinking culture. I'm not saying that it's perfect now, far from it. My son has never had to throw a punch or have to prove himself in that way and his friends don't put pressure on over alcohol consumption, they do other stuff. They wont be bullied in the workplace or in education. That shit isn't put up with from the younger generation. I think that it's great.