+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nextbike pulling their bikes from Cardiff

Re: Nextbike pulling their bikes from Cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    that's just not true
    Personally I think it is true. Antisocial behaviour in the city centre seems to have gone through the roof over the last 2 years

Just going back to the hire bikes for a second, I must admit I'm not that surprised that they are being removed from the city. I just can't figure out who would use them. Using one means taking on a whole new mindset, as regards to a bike. You have to take it back - no necessarily to the same place you got it - but you have to take it back to a depot somewhere. And there's the rub. Borrow a bike for a ride home, and then you have to get up in the morning and take it back somewhere else. Who wants to have to do that? Or am I missing something here?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    In my experience, things aren't getting worse. Where i grew up was violent. I was always fighting or getting bullied. Vandalism was rife, bus shelters were made from a kind of non vandal plastic which had metal strips in them. Phone boxes were constantly ****ed, graffiti was much worse. The pubs were full of 'Charcters' who didn't seem to go home, neglected their kids and wife.

The younger generation seem much kinder and accepting than we were, more gentle and less threatening than my generation.
    It’s a tough call really, in the mid to late 80’s there seemed to be an under current of violence in loads of places, late at night in town could be total carnage with no cctv, inter school fights, different suburbs regularly getting it on. Kids were always on the street up to no good as there were no PlayStation or iPads etc….now though, we have a lot more homeless youngsters. 25 years ago there was nowhere near as many hostels or support houses as there is now. I’ve worked in a few of them. Before that you would see a few old tramps or old pissheads in town, now they are all young and messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Personally I think it is true. Antisocial behaviour in the city centre seems to have gone through the roof over the last 2 years
    Trouble in the city centre at 8am with yet more stabbing, bound to be the homeless at that time?
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...fight-22122383

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Same when I was younger and stories from when my old man was younger sounds like it was worse.

It doesn’t mean there isn’t a scumbags about or that some people are still causing trouble but to say it’s worse now than ever is madness.

Kids throwing some push bikes around they wouldn’t have done that in the 70s!
    Definitely a lot more kids carrying blades now