Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Poor people don't go to football matches

Re: Poor people don't go to football matches

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I don’t believe this for a second.

No way do you have a friend

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I know someone that watches United and doesn't work...season ticket holder has been for years.

Few and far between granted
    Found the post, I assumed people would take it as him being on benefits as he's not working, given the high intelligence levels on here.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Bit harsh
    It's all about how you take it, I found it funny as I pretty much comment the same all the time and get mistaken

Appreciate the reply though

Found the post, I assumed people would take it as him being on benefits as he's not working, given the high intelligence levels on here.
    You have a friend who doesn't work yet goes to watch man United and has done for years

You are putting him in the he's poor group which is the title of this thread

Now if he's not working he MUST have some sort of income to enable him to watch top flight football

If he isn't on benefits and he's not working then he's either selling drugs , knock off gear or he's being given money by his parents or he inherited it

If he's been given money by mum and dad or his grannies died he's clearly not poor is he ?

So using him as an example is nonsense

So this mate of yours ? If he's not working how does he pay for the tickets and travel ?

It's very easy to answer

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    You have a friend who doesn't work yet goes to watch man United and has done for years

You are putting him in the he's poor group which is the title of this thread

Now if he's not working he MUST have some sort of income to enable him to watch top flight football

If he isn't on benefits and he's not working then he's either selling drugs , knock off gear or he's being given money by his parents or he inherited it

If he's been given money by mum and dad or his grannies died he's clearly not poor is he ?

So using him as an example is nonsense

So this mate of yours ? If he's not working how does he pay for the tickets and travel ?

It's very easy to answer
    You must be bored, you do this all the time go round in circles. Its been answered.

You must be bored, you do this all the time go round in circles. Its been wered.
    So , he's not poor then

Which is why he's not working yet able to afford to watch premiership football

If you have said that in the first place etc etc 🙄

There's something strangely comforting about waking up to another round of postal fisticuffs between Sludge & Demb. Everything feels as it should be.

So , he's not poor then

Which is why he's not working yet able to afford to watch premiership football

If you have said that in the first place etc etc 🙄
    People on benefits aren't poor? I thought I'd seen a million posts off you saying the opposite.

People on benefits aren't poor? I thought I'd seen a million posts off you saying the opposite.
    I am saying you are bullshitting

You said he's not working

Therefore he's on benefits or he's got another source of income . If he doesn't have to work then he's even more well off , should he exist

If he's on benefits it's very unlikely he's going to be able to afford a premiership season ticket unless he's not paying his bills

If he's not on benefits he's got money coming in to pay for this season ticket and he's also going to have to have money to pay to exist , from day to day

Either you are bullshitting or this mate of yours has plenty of cash to pay for a premiership season ticket and it's come from mum and dad , grannie or selling coke

You have tried to say that you know someone who isn't working yet can afford to watch man United every other week . If he's not working and on benefits then he must be on the best benefit the country has ever given If he can fund premiership football

If you had said you knew someone who wasn't working yet had plenty of money from his parents or an inheritance or had 300 grand compensation from an accident at work .....then that would have been appropriate to this debate about people who were .....poor.....watching football .......in so much as a person with a decent income , whether they are working or not , is not poor .

A person struggling to put food on the table or find the money for the gas is poor ......you mate , if he isn't working yet can afford to watch premiership football, clearly isn't

So I would suggest you are telling fibs or your mate has a lot more money than your average fella out of work 💪

Pubs and football, the benchmark for the working class 30 years ago…no chance these days

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Pubs and football, the benchmark for the working class 30 years ago…no chance these days
    I think such is the magnetic pull of supporting your team that people on low incomes will do their best to follow their club

But the increase in prices for watching football means that many have fallen by the wayside . Certainly in clubs where there is a huge demand from the plastics , Liverpool, United etc there has been a demographic change as the prices have gone up

I am saying you are bullshitting

You said he's not working

Therefore he's on benefits or he's got another source of income . If he doesn't have to work then he's even more well off , should he exist

If he's on benefits it's very unlikely he's going to be able to afford a premiership season ticket unless he's not paying his bills

If he's not on benefits he's got money coming in to pay for this season ticket and he's also going to have to have money to pay to exist , from day to day

Either you are bullshitting or this mate of yours has plenty of cash to pay for a premiership season ticket and it's come from mum and dad , grannie or selling coke

You have tried to say that you know someone who isn't working yet can afford to watch man United every other week . If he's not working and on benefits then he must be on the best benefit the country has ever given If he can fund premiership football

If you had said you knew someone who wasn't working yet had plenty of money from his parents or an inheritance or had 300 grand compensation from an accident at work .....then that would have been appropriate to this debate about people who were .....poor.....watching football .......in so much as a person with a decent income , whether they are working or not , is not poor .

A person struggling to put food on the table or find the money for the gas is poor ......you mate , if he isn't working yet can afford to watch premiership football, clearly isn't

So I would suggest you are telling fibs or your mate has a lot more money than your average fella out of work 💪
    That's a lot of typing to get the same answer.

The answer is in an already posted reply.

You do try too hard.

F*ck The Spectator and the c*nts that write for it.

Once printed an opinion piece with the headline "In praise of Wehrmacht: The real story of D-Day is the heroism of the German soldiers who were vastly outnumbered but fought nobly and to the death."

That's a lot of typing to get the same answer.

The answer is in an already posted reply.

You do try too hard.
    I have found it . You are bullshitting.

Quote Originally Posted by celticknight View Post
    F*ck The Spectator and the c*nts that write for it.

Once printed an opinion piece with the headline "In praise of Wehrmacht: The real story of D-Day is the heroism of the German soldiers who were vastly outnumbered but fought nobly and to the death."
    Horrible rag

I have found it . You are bullshitting.
    Oh no, SLUDGE thinks I'm a bullshitter. My life is over.

You've said, once already, no need to keep repeating yourself.

Oh no, SLUDGE thinks I'm a bullshitter. My life is over.

You've said, once already, no need to keep repeating yourself.
    I know you are a bullshitter

Your life is what you make it

I know you are a bullshitter

Your life is what you make it
    Well done.

I've not read the article, and don't think i need to read an article to understand that low income families/individuals in the main do not go to football and budget their income to suit more pressing needs, I'm sure there will be some who prioritise football over other things but they will be in the minority, Shirly ?.

Maybe should have added, paid entry football!!