+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dental Appointments

Dental Appointments

I had a dental appointment tomorrow, routine, which i had to wait for 4 months, but our lad who lives with us was tested + with the Rona last weekend, I'm currently on isolation at home and cancelled my appointment for tomorrow, the earliest re-scheduled appointment is next September

Re: Dental Appointments

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    I had a dental appointment tomorrow, routine, which i had to wait for 4 months, but our lad who lives with us was tested + with the Rona last weekend, I'm currently on isolation at home and cancelled my appointment for tomorrow, the earliest re-scheduled appointment is next September
    That’s crazy. I’ve signed up with a private dentist but I’m yet to book an appointment. Hope the waiting times are not as long.

Assuming you're available at short notice, you could always ask them to give you a call if they have a cancellation.

Go private, I thought most people did anyway?

You seem to suffer by doing the right thing and being honest.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Go private, I thought most people did anyway?
    I go private, get seen within a day or two. Expensive though if you have treatment. A crown on my back tooth was £600.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I go private, get seen within a day or two. Expensive though if you have treatment. A crown on my back tooth was £600.
    'Err indoors is Private at the same practice, I might switch over next year or if i get a problem as soon as they let me

Denplan? You have to look after your teeth, it’s not really up to the nhs is it? It is expensive though I just had a root canal which was about 600. I can get to see a dentist in a day or two though and I’ve had all sorts of issues over the years, crowns, two knocked out, a few pulled out (dry socket being the worst pain ever!). 2 check ups and 4 cleans a yr about £40 a month.

Denplan? You have to look after your teeth, it’s not really up to the nhs is it? It is expensive though I just had a root canal which was about 600. I can get to see a dentist in a day or two though and I’ve had all sorts of issues over the years, crowns, two knocked out, a few pulled out (dry socket being the worst pain ever!). 2 check ups and 4 cleans a yr about £40 a month.
    I'm on Denplan, £18 per month, two check up's scale and polish x2 and two X rays. I'll raise you a couple of dental implants. ****ing ridiculous price, but worth it, and less pain than a root canal in my opinion.

You have to look after your teeth, it’s not really up to the nhs is it?
    Though there are several medical conditions where bad teeth can be partly responsible.

I'm on Denplan, £18 per month, two check up's scale and polish x2 and two X rays. I'll raise you a couple of dental implants. ****ing ridiculous price, but worth it, and less pain than a root canal in my opinion.
    £3000 for a new tooth isn’t it?

NHS dentistry is exactly the same service, from mostly the same people, at much cheaper prices. Why would anyone go private and pay ridiculous, inflated, prices if they are already registered with a NHS dentist ? I agree that there is a problem currently with dentists taking on new NHS patients but if you shop around there are still slots available. The vast majority of people in this country are still treated on the NHS for their teeth.

This is a shocking thread!

Of course dental care should be provided on the NHS - no question.

As someone living abroad when I come back to the UK, even though I pay my national insurance and do my tax returns in the UK, I am not entitled to the NHS dental discount.

However, what I tend to do is get all my dental work done here in Uganda..

It is of course all private but I pay:

80000 Ugandan shillings for a filling (about £16.90)

A crown costs between 500k and 800k (between £100 and £170) - which is about 80% less than privately in the UK

I had toothache in India once and had some work done and it cost 1000 Rupees, about £10.

It is very good quality dental work.

It may be cheaper for people to have dental work done abroad, especially if you work it into a holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Though there are several medical conditions where bad teeth can be partly responsible.
    Also, for us kids born in the 70's public knowledge about tooth care was really bad. The was an influx of sugar laced sodas, sweets and chocolate... it all makes sense that this was really bad for your teeth, but it wasn't as well known then.

So many people ended up with bad teeth due to lack of public heath awareness on toothcare.

As an aside... Did you know that toothpaste was invented in Swansea?

Because if it was invented anywhere else it would have been called teethpaste.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    Also, for us kids born in the 70's public knowledge about tooth care was really bad. The was an influx of sugar laced sodas, sweets and chocolate... it all makes sense that this was really bad for your teeth, but it wasn't as well known then.

So many people ended up with bad teeth due to lack of public heath awareness on toothcare.

As an aside... Did you know that toothpaste was invented in Swansea?

Because if it was invented anywhere else it would have been called teethpaste.

Knowledge of toothcare is also still not understood properly.

For instance, brushing your Teeth straight after food is now seen as really damaging... as it brushes away the natural fluids your mouth produces to clean the teeth naturally... so now experts are saying we should wait for an hour or two before brushing after food.

'Err indoors is Private at the same practice, I might switch over next year or if i get a problem as soon as they let me
    put her skirt on and go

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    put her skirt on and go
    Don't tempt him.

Quote Originally Posted by 19bluebirds27 View Post
    You seem to suffer by doing the right thing and being honest.
    It never crossed my mind, I know what your thinking!!, I wonder how many do keep shtum and just go!!!

Don't tempt him.
    Too late, managed to fool them with the dress, I think the give away was the knickers being paraded as a legitimate face covering that gave it away

'Err indoors is Private at the same practice.....
    Where is it? I ask because my dentist is just around the corner from you. I use their NHS service. Two standard check-ups and two emergency appointments this year and the service was excellent on each occasion, especially when the emergency occurred. That was in June. Phoned them early in the morning and they got me in immediately. Cheap treatment too.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Where is it? I ask because my dentist is just around the corner from you. I use their NHS service. Two standard check-ups and two emergency appointments this year and the service was excellent on each occasion, especially when the emergency occurred. That was in June. Phoned them early in the morning and they got me in immediately. Cheap treatment too.
    Rhydepenau Crossroads, just down past the arches.

Mine's on Maes-Y-Coed Road, next to the Tesco Express.

I go to Lidl most Saturdays with Doris and we stop in Tesco Express on return to get Lotto ticket, and have never noticed a practice there, don't eat pizza but know the pizza express on the other side, I'll will contact them and whilst needing no urgent treatment i do have something I'd like to get sorted ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    This is a shocking thread!

Of course dental care should be provided on the NHS - no question.

As someone living abroad when I come back to the UK, even though I pay my national insurance and do my tax returns in the UK, I am not entitled to the NHS dental discount.

However, what I tend to do is get all my dental work done here in Uganda..

It is of course all private but I pay:

80000 Ugandan shillings for a filling (about £16.90)

A crown costs between 500k and 800k (between £100 and £170) - which is about 80% less than privately in the UK

I had toothache in India once and had some work done and it cost 1000 Rupees, about £10.

It is very good quality dental work.

It may be cheaper for people to have dental work done abroad, especially if you work it into a holiday.
    A lot of people work this in on Turkey trips. Facilities are excellent by all accounts.

Gwenna