+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Football Manager game.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Football Manager game.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    No keeper?

Any of our youngsters any good in the new game?
    Not bad, and better than recent editions of FM. The real-life scouting system they have for player stats is good and they have a strong database, but it has its limitations. Some of the young lads have been given stronger ratings this year because they've actually started featuring in the first team.

There are volunteers who scout players and report on player attributes for each club to help build the database, and given your track record on tracking the development of our young 'uns, I always thought you might've been involved in some way!

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Blue View Post
    Not bad, and better than recent editions of FM. The real-life scouting system they have for player stats is good and they have a strong database, but it has its limitations. Some of the young lads have been given stronger ratings this year because they've actually started featuring in the first team.

There are volunteers who scout players and report on player attributes for each club to help build the database, and given your track record on tracking the development of our young 'uns, I always thought you might've been involved in some way!
    I was the Cardiff City researcher about six or seven years ago, but I thought FM got too complicated and so packed it in because it seemed wrong to have a researcher who no longer played the game. I probably would have rated our current young players too highly, I did that with the likes of Declan John and Ben Nugent, but I think I got Joe Ralls about right.

I was the Cardiff City researcher about six or seven years ago, but I thought FM got too complicated and so packed it in because it seemed wrong to have a researcher who no longer played the game. I probably would have rated our current young players too highly, I did that with the likes of Declan John and Ben Nugent, but I think I got Joe Ralls about right.
    So you're responsible for his rating. Oh, the shame

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    So you're responsible for his rating. Oh, the shame
    Seeing Declan John defend adequately broke the immersion somewhat, at least now I know who to blame!

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Seeing Declan John defend adequately broke the immersion somewhat, at least now I know who to blame!

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    In my defence, he was regarded as a winger when I gave him his potential grading. Actually,
    it’s more than six or seven years, more like ten that I was doing that job. Thinking back, it was Tommy O’Sullivan and Josh Yorwerth I rated most highly - still reckon the latter would have been a fine player without his off field issues.

In my defence, he was regarded as a winger when I gave him his potential grading. Actually,
    it’s more than six or seven years, more like ten that I was doing that job. Thinking back, it was Tommy O’Sullivan and Josh Yorwerth I rated most highly - still reckon the latter would have been a fine player without his off field issues.
    Tommy O'Sullivan is only 26. I'm sure he was in Pro Evolution Soccer 2017 (when PES was a proper footie game). I'm an anorak when it comes to PES players. Just looked him up and he's playing for Gloucester City. I had him in a PES side and trained him up as a cracking CDM for an online tournament. Things have started to blur between gaming and real-life over the years though!