+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Football Manager game.

Re: Football Manager game.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Ah 3-4-1-2 with Smithies in goal. He's kindly taken a paycut when I extended his contract.

Sam Bowen could turn out to be decent, Colwill remains to be seen. Mark McGuinness also ok. According to the in game scouts the player with the most potential is Ntazaba Mayembe, although his stats are currently terrible.
    FM has rated Mayembe as our best youngster for the past few years, probably haven't bothered to update him

A shame if they haven't given our youngsters a boost, I was looking forward to using them on this year's game

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    So you're responsible for his rating. Oh, the shame
    Seeing Declan John defend adequately broke the immersion somewhat, at least now I know who to blame!

"I've just sent you a friend request so if you reply to that and resend your PM it should all be dandy!"

Think it's done.

Quote Originally Posted by Seabird View Post
    "I've just sent you a friend request so if you reply to that and resend your PM it should all be dandy!"

Think it's done.
    Got it! On it!

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Seeing Declan John defend adequately broke the immersion somewhat, at least now I know who to blame!

FM has rated Mayembe as our best youngster for the past few years, probably haven't bothered to update him

A shame if they haven't given our youngsters a boost, I was looking forward to using them on this year's game
    They have, I'm 8th with Colwill in the number 10 role and McGuinness at CB. Bowen's on the bench

Quote Originally Posted by Seabird View Post

Think it's done.
    Replied. Any questions then don't hesitate to ask.

In my defence, he was regarded as a winger when I gave him his potential grading. Actually,
    it’s more than six or seven years, more like ten that I was doing that job. Thinking back, it was Tommy O’Sullivan and Josh Yorwerth I rated most highly - still reckon the latter would have been a fine player without his off field issues.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    In my defence, he was regarded as a winger when I gave him his potential grading. Actually,
    it’s more than six or seven years, more like ten that I was doing that job. Thinking back, it was Tommy O’Sullivan and Josh Yorwerth I rated most highly - still reckon the latter would have been a fine player without his off field issues.
    Tommy O'Sullivan is only 26. I'm sure he was in Pro Evolution Soccer 2017 (when PES was a proper footie game). I'm an anorak when it comes to PES players. Just looked him up and he's playing for Gloucester City. I had him in a PES side and trained him up as a cracking CDM for an online tournament. Things have started to blur between gaming and real-life over the years though!

Banned

I bet none of you kids go cardiff city on football manager?
    Too hard for you innit.
    You go the ready made teams like man u and tha

I had to start drinking and gambling to replace my FM addiction. Don't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I'm not surprised you're doing well with that formation
    Clearly interference from Tan. He’s got the keeper playing outfield

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I had to start drinking and gambling to replace my FM addiction. Don't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post
    Too hard for you innit.
    whenever I get the game, i always go Cardiff first. then after I'm bored with that I usually pick a lower league team and take them up the leagues. Newport and Crewe were my last couple

I’ve never played FM but am curious to give it a go. How far down the non-league pyramid does the game go?

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Holt View Post
    I’ve never played FM but am curious to give it a go. How far down the non-league pyramid does the game go?
    Here's a list of all licenses and leagues.

You can play National League (including North and South) and Cymru Premier.

Thanks for that 👍🏼

I cannot imagine Captain Raymond Holt enjoying that at all

A mate sent me a screenshot of Llantwit Major before so must be pretty far down!

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    A mate sent me a screenshot of Llantwit Major before so must be pretty far down!
    They play in Cymru South which is in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I cannot imagine Captain Raymond Holt enjoying that at all
    Oh come on, if you’ve seen my model railway you’ll know that watching a computer simulating a full ninety minutes of Kettering Town v Curzon Ashton will fill me with mild satisfaction.

7th after 14 games, but a few injuries to key players and its over. So far Neil Taylor on a free has been a revelation and I managed to get rid of Pack, Vaulks, and Brown but nobody would take Flint. Not much money and done what little i had on loans that are not working out so far. Of the youngsters, Kieron Evans is ripping it up and honorary mention to Isaac Vassell, right wing, 12 games 7 goals and 3 assists.

In real life: Surprised to see that we own Mark McGuinness, i thought he was on loan from Arsenal. Looking at that with new eyes i think that's a great bit of business.

Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post
    Too hard for you innit.

I started my first game with Southend midway through the first season when they were 11th in the VNL. Got 'em up via the playoffs, consecutive promotion by winning L2 and about to start the season in L1! I keep checking the phone isn't off the hook as Tan still hasn't called me yet.

Are you all sure you wanna stick with Morison for now?!

Don't think I'd have the time to get back into FM, too detailed and too addictive for me.

Found the mobile version a decent enough option, can play on the go and doesn't require me to put quite so many hours into it it's not the main game obviously but scratches the itch a little.

FM proper has to be one of my favourite games I've ever played.

@ Citizens Nephew, I have sent you a PM.