+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Football Manager game.

Football Manager game.

Looking for a budget laptop that is suitable for playing Football Manager on.

I am using a MacBook Air at the moment but it's a bit old and tired, much like its user. The email no longer works. So I'm looking for something between 250 and 350 pounds. I'd be grateful for all and any input. I am prepared to go to 400 but that's it.

Thanks in anticipation.

Colin

Re: Football Manager game.

Quote Originally Posted by Seabird View Post

I am using a MacBook Air at the moment but it's a bit old and tired, much like its user. The email no longer works. So I'm looking for something between 250 and 350 pounds. I'd be grateful for all and any input. I am prepared to go to 400 but that's it.

Thanks in anticipation.

Colin
    There’s a risk involved, but have you considered reconditioned computers? A lot of them come with a year’s warranty (occasionally longer) and, with money being quite tight in the period before I get the state pension, I’ve bought a reconditioned laptop, IPhone, PlayStation andIPad in recent years - I’ve no complaints about the first three at all and, while the last named is not generally an improvement on the original one I still have, bought in 2009, it’s still gets the job done.

https://www.footballmanagerblog.org/...2022-fm22.html

This should help. I use my 3 year old HP envy and FM22 still runs like a dream on it.

Yes, TB, I came across the FM blog suggestions, I then did a bit of delving and found a review that suggested one of the picks wasn't suitable for gaming and that put me off. As they were probably referring to more graphically based games than FM I may reconsider.

I was looking for personal experience info. such as you posted but your HP Envy is a bit outside my budget but thanks anyway.

ASUS L410 MA - this one is available on a Black Friday deal for 230 pounds. Has anyone any experience of it?

Banned

Go to cash generator , you might find a bargain in there

Just taken the advice of TOBW and Tokyo Blue and ordered a refurbished HP Envy for 250. Thanks for the advice.

Thanks for your input, Nugent.

Just taken the advice of TOBW and Tokyo Blue and ordered a refurbished HP Envy for 250. Thanks for the advice.
    You won't have any problem running FM 22 on the HP, it'll be great. Just prepare to be consumed by it! BTW, there's no real hardware reason for your email to stop working on the MacBook Air. Does it still connect to the internet? If so, drop me a PM and I can talk you through fix and probably get that MacBook Air running fine. I just need to know the specs.

Thanks, Citizen's Nephew.

I read on the web somewhere that loss of email can come with old age. the Mac is getting on a bit.

I will get back to you and thanks for the offer of help.

Colin

Thanks, Citizen's Nephew.

I read on the web somewhere that loss of email can come with old age. the Mac is getting on a bit.

I will get back to you and thanks for the offer of help.

Colin

Thanks in anticipation.

Colin
    I've been playing as Cardiff, there's no money to spend and half the team are out of contract in the summer. Been playing a 3-5-1-2 and have got us to 8th at Christmas.

Had to resign Tomlin as backup to Colwill in the number 10 position because he was free, and he's been awful. As has Colwill actually. Kieffer and Collins banging them in though. Giles a revelation at left WB, Sang been good at right WB but he's out for 9 months.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I've been playing as Cardiff, there's no money to spend and half the team are out of contract in the summer. Been playing a 3-5-1-2 and have got us to 8th at Christmas.

Had to resign Tomlin as backup to Colwill in the number 10 position because he was free, and he's been awful. As has Colwill actually. Kieffer and Collins banging them in though. Giles a revelation at left WB, Sang been good at right WB but he's out for 9 months.
    I'm not surprised you're doing well with that formation

What are people on the messageboards saying about your management?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    What are people on the messageboards saying about your management?
    I think they'd appreciate the attacking football but worry about the inconsistency. But I don't care what those losers think anyway

Playoff push? Keep us updated!

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I'm not surprised you're doing well with that formation
    No keeper?

Any of our youngsters any good in the new game?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    No keeper?

Not bad, and better than recent editions of FM. The real-life scouting system they have for player stats is good and they have a strong database, but it has its limitations. Some of the young lads have been given stronger ratings this year because they've actually started featuring in the first team.

There are volunteers who scout players and report on player attributes for each club to help build the database, and given your track record on tracking the development of our young 'uns, I always thought you might've been involved in some way!

Three keepers by the sounds of it. Good idea.

No keeper?

Ah 3-4-1-2 with Smithies in goal. He's kindly taken a paycut when I extended his contract.

Sam Bowen could turn out to be decent, Colwill remains to be seen. Mark McGuinness also ok. According to the in game scouts the player with the most potential is Ntazaba Mayembe, although his stats are currently terrible.

Citizen's Nephew, I have sent you a PM. I hope that it makes sense and is what you wanted.

Thanks again.

Colin

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Blue View Post
    Not bad, and better than recent editions of FM. The real-life scouting system they have for player stats is good and they have a strong database, but it has its limitations. Some of the young lads have been given stronger ratings this year because they've actually started featuring in the first team.

There are volunteers who scout players and report on player attributes for each club to help build the database, and given your track record on tracking the development of our young 'uns, I always thought you might've been involved in some way!
    I was the Cardiff City researcher about six or seven years ago, but I thought FM got too complicated and so packed it in because it seemed wrong to have a researcher who no longer played the game. I probably would have rated our current young players too highly, I did that with the likes of Declan John and Ben Nugent, but I think I got Joe Ralls about right.

Citizen's Nephew, I have sent you a PM. I hope that it makes sense and is what you wanted.

Thanks again.

Colin
    I've just sent you a friend request so if you reply to that and resend your PM it should all be dandy!

Ah 3-4-1-2 with Smithies in goal. He's kindly taken a paycut when I extended his contract.

Sam Bowen could turn out to be decent, Colwill remains to be seen. Mark McGuinness also ok. According to the in game scouts the player with the most potential is Ntazaba Mayembe, although his stats are currently terrible.
    Can’t help thinking that’ll change with Mayembe next year, I bet someone like Tom Davies may not even be on the staff in the game.

I was the Cardiff City researcher about six or seven years ago, but I thought FM got too complicated and so packed it in because it seemed wrong to have a researcher who no longer played the game. I probably would have rated our current young players too highly, I did that with the likes of Declan John and Ben Nugent, but I think I got Joe Ralls about right.
    So you're responsible for his rating. Oh, the shame