+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Jay Bothroyd - 11 Years Ago Today

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Jay Bothroyd - 11 Years Ago Today

The only player I've seen us have with technique and control to rival him was Whitts. Even Ramsey, with all his skill, couldn't strike a ball like Bothroyd. He was clean as a whistle.

But he needed a flaw or two, or he would never have stayed here so long. We did see the best of a really good footballer, someone who was talented enough to play for England more than once. If Ricky Lambert made it into double figures, Bothroyd could have. But he drifted out of games and didn't have consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    The only player I've seen us have with technique and control to rival him was Whitts. Even Ramsey, with all his skill, couldn't strike a ball like Bothroyd.
    It was such a beautiful thing..

Him and Whitts....could bring so much joy to so many people with one kick of the ball.....

Bothroyd could have been a top flight footballer if he had a bit more of an aggressive attitude.....

I'm starting to feel a bit nauseous reading this thread

He was more than happy being a big fish in a small pond, seen plenty of those about over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I'm starting to feel a bit nauseous reading this thread
    i'm starting to feel a bit nauseous reading a post about you being nauseous in a thread that made you feel nauseous

Maybe we should stop talking about ex Cardiff City players and just be less nauseous....

Whats for tea?

I've got a Fray Bentos and a Carling Black Label