+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Possible COVID PASSES for pubs !!!

Re: Possible COVID PASSES for pubs !!!

Torn on this as for a few reasons, I really don't like the concept and I don't think it will have much of an effect. I would imagine table service, proper enforced social distancing in pubs and a return to mask wearing when you are up and about would have a far greater effect on transmission than a likely 4 week christmas free for all of vaccinated people who can still pass the virus around. I don't know what it is like in Wales but here in my part of England, I am one of, I would say 15-20% of people who still wear masks at all, the majority can't be ****ed now because of the hapless comms from number 10.

What a mess this all is. Terrible communication and implementation by all governments and the arbitrary figure of 10,000 (but 9,999 is OK) re. Covid passports. Terrible enforcement of rules (laws) already in place. Terrible personal responsibility regularly shown by Welsh people and the rest of the UK. 6 pages of discussion in November 2021. What a mess.

The passes/tests are there for good reason and ought to be extended. The problem is it can’t be policed as those being asked to check are low paid people who quite rightly are not paid enough to get their heads knocked off.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    The passes/tests are there for good reason and ought to be extended. The problem is it can’t be policed as those being asked to check are low paid people who quite rightly are not paid enough to get their heads knocked off.
    Exactly why should lowly paid part time bar staff have to put up with yet more potential aggro. They're not paid enough.

I had my booster today .
    The sooner people are forced to get a jab or three,
    either by the unpopular "compulsory vax", or the marginally less unpopular
    making it too difficult to go about life without getting vaxed,
    the sooner we'll be out of this covid mess and get back to normal.

Shields up Scotty!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Torn on this as for a few reasons, I really don't like the concept and I don't think it will have much of an effect. I would imagine table service, proper enforced social distancing in pubs and a return to mask wearing when you are up and about would have a far greater effect on transmission than a likely 4 week christmas free for all of vaccinated people who can still pass the virus around. I don't know what it is like in Wales but here in my part of England, I am one of, I would say 15-20% of people who still wear masks at all, the majority can't be ****ed now because of the hapless comms from number 10.
    Agree with this 100%, even on TFL mask wearing seems to be at an all time low.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Clearly you didn’t get it did you ….. He thinks I’m another poster ….. FGS
    Yes, I read that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    And what happens if the person kicks off as they surely will how will a smaller pub deal with that without bouncers?
    The same as they would if they'd refused someone alcohol, or wouldn't serve them because they don't have proof of age.

Pubs seem to manage throwing people out all the time without bouncers...

The vaccines absolutely do reduce your chances of catching covid and therefore lower transmission.

Bizarre that this "U cun stil katch et" argument has even emerged.

The boosters bring antibodies over the 2500U/mg limit on the antibody test and so far on trial patients this persists past 8 months.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    What’s your opinion ???

https://apple.news/At_vLgX4MS7i32Ovyjy0Xrg

Shirley a small pub can’t be expected to employ doormen/person, to check.

It’ll kill businesses !!
    Wales has Covid passes, England does not.

When will Wales see the benefits of this measure in the data, as as far as I can tell it’s not showing at the moment?

Quote Originally Posted by Welshcake. View Post
    The vaccines absolutely do reduce your chances of catching covid and therefore lower transmission.

The boosters bring antibodies over the 2500U/mg limit on the antibody test and so far on trial patients this persists past 8 months.
    Exactly. It's the raison d'être of vaccination - any vaccination.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    I get the train a lot, go shopping, to pubs and restaurants etc..I get about!

Mask wearing has definitely reduced here in Cardiff. Whereas even in September at the start of term every parent wore a mask to school drop off it's probably 50% now. Local trains (where u do have to wear one) is maybe 60-70%. Shops probably similar. Pubs etc, maybe 5- 10% will have a mask on if at the bar etc.

Was in Scotland recently and was pretty much the same although I didnyt get a train and it was more common for bar staff to wear masks there and ask you to do the same whilst ordering

Not really considering it’s a fact.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-59344564

'A cinema has been told to shut down after the owner defied the law and refused to ask for Covid passes'.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    'A cinema has been told to shut down after the owner defied the law and refused to ask for Covid passes'.
    Meanwhile, you could go to a busy pub around the corner without the need for a Covid pass.

It’s complete and utter bollocks. Following the science? Are they ****.

Awesome - it means I can have a safe pint away from anti-vaxxing, brexiteering, petrol panic buying, toilet roll hoarding, mrs browns boys watching idiots

I've just spent 10 days in my home with a double vaxed member of my family who was tested +, another double vaxed member of my extended family is currently sat in his house with a + test, I think I'll stick with Geert Vanden Bossche and his alternative science, I've just about had a f*ck full of 2 years offishul government science, are we still on his couple of weeks to flatten the curve ?, there are many peer reviewed decorated scientists out there who have been shut out of this pandemic and after 2 years of Johnson Whitty and Valance in trying to bring this under control, isn't it about time that a fresh view was sought ?.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I get the train a lot, go shopping, to pubs and restaurants etc..I get about!

Mask wearing has definitely reduced here in Cardiff. Whereas even in September at the start of term every parent wore a mask to school drop off it's probably 50% now. Local trains (where u do have to wear one) is maybe 60-70%. Shops probably similar. Pubs etc, maybe 5- 10% will have a mask on if at the bar etc.

Was in Scotland recently and was pretty much the same although I didnyt get a train and it was more common for bar staff to wear masks there and ask you to do the same whilst ordering
    My sister lives in Scotland and my parents have just moved up there, albeit the Highlands so maybe a little different to more populated areas. Masks are pretty common up that way, basically everybody in the supermarket but I don't think the 'community' stuff ever really stopped when there was lockdown elsewhere. That being said, there were long periods of time where they didn't have a case within 10 miles of them so I can see why.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    What a mess this all is. Terrible communication and implementation by all governments and the arbitrary figure of 10,000 (but 9,999 is OK) re. Covid passports. Terrible enforcement of rules (laws) already in place. Terrible personal responsibility regularly shown by Welsh people and the rest of the UK. 6 pages of discussion in November 2021. What a mess.
    Can't understand people with your line of thinking regarding 9999 analogy.

Bottom 3 teams get relegated in football but 4th from bottom doesn't thinking. Weird mun