+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 27282930313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: The Two-faced, hypocritical Buffoon and his Party set for a Mauling at PMQ's Today..

Re: The Two-faced, hypocritical Buffoon and his Party set for a Mauling at PMQ's Today..

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    I have a very good understanding of microbiology but obviously you know better. Please enlighten me.
    You didn't seem to have much of a grasp on 'Microbiology' when you were grizzling because you couldn't get your favourite Porky chops from some butcher in Brecon at the height of the virus. Asking people on here whether or not it could be deemed an essential trip. 'Sausagegate'

Re: The Two-faced, hypocritical Buffoon and his Party set for a Mauling at PMQ's Today..

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Where on earth would anybody get the idea that ‘the rules’ aren’t really to be taken seriously?
    Depends where your Butchers Shop is located.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    You didn't seem to have much of a grasp on 'Microbiology' when you were grizzling because you couldn't get your favourite Porky chops from some butcher in Brecon at the height of the virus. Asking people on here whether or not it could be deemed an essential trip. 'Sausagegate'
    Get your fuucking fact straights, they were Lamb chops.

There's too many lies told on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    You remind me of feedback

In fact .....
    Whatever you might think of Feedback he always came across as very bright and well informed although firmly right wing. In fairness to this guy he doesn't resemble Feedy in the slightest apart from being ultra right wing.

However (it might be more to do with his monicker more than anything else) it's crossed my.mind whether he might be Wales Bales but without the obligatory, extensive commentary on US politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Whatever you might think of Feedback he always came across as very bright and well informed although firmly right wing. In fairness to this guy he doesn't resemble Feedy in the slightest apart from being ultra right wing.

However (it might be more to do with his monicker more than anything else) it's crossed my.mind whether he might be Wales Bales but without the obligatory, extensive commentary on US politics.
    Jesus Christ 😂😂

Mate you missed your calling as a detective in the NKVD.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I think that would make you my unrequited lover the amount you respond to me without me ever wasting my time responding back.
    I don’t think you’ll ever have a lover, sorry….

|There was some good stuff in this thread earlier on.

It hasn't aged well

I read the Guardian article realising it has a strong left wing history but couldn't comprehend how a journalist could claim that 'wine and cheese costs lives'. I use both and am OK thank you.
    However foolish Boris and co were to have refreshment in a private garden at the end of a 'so called' long day, it beggars belief that it costs lives. It's a bad example I admit but that's all.

What I saw today that costs lives are a large number not wearing masks on overcrowded Valleys Line train. Windows closed to stop ventilation. Young adults in McDonalds without masks talking very loudly into their I-phones. People pushing and shoving in some very busy shops paying more attention to the shelves than the need to socially distance.

Let's keep some perspective please.
    Eighteen months ago there was plenty of anecdotal evidence of policemen/women being told by people who were breaking Covid laws that if it was okay for Dominic Cummings, it was okay for them following his Barnards Castle jaunt. That was an incident which added greatly to a drip drip effect that was started by the likes of Neil. (?) Ferguson and the doctor advising the Scottish Government that there was one rule for us plebs and another one for the “elite”.

In the last month or so that drip, drip has turned into a steady stream with stories of parties/gatherings/works meetings call them what you like from this time last year showing that the anti Covid rules in place at the time we’re being broken by members of the UK Governments and or staff/civil servants who were working for them. This was then backed up by a very embarrassing video for the Government in which one such “party” was treated as a sort of joke.

As James Wales has told us what seems like thousands of times in this thread, he has no issue with the Guardian photo. I disagree with him because he is treating it as a one off when it needs to be looked at in conjunction with all of the other stuff mentioned above and if cheese and wine at a “works meeting” in May 2020 turns out to be the straw which breaks the camel’s back when it comes to following the rules for some, then cheese and wine may turn out to be a killer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    As you know I asked the question then because the '5 mile rule' had no scientific credibility nor does it now. This rule was not a sage recommendation, it was a purely political move by the first minister.

At the time Brecon had one of the lowest rates of Covid per capita in Wales whilst Cathays, with its high student population had one of the highest. Point was that I was allowed to travel to Cathays to shop despite the high incidence whilst I couldn't go to Brecon.

Whatever you think or anyone else thinks you cannot catch Covid 19 while travelling alone in a car with the windows closed.

On arrival at Brecon or Cathays to shop the chances of catching it were much much higher whilst shopping in Cathays.

Whatever way you look at it they are the facts. If you'd like to tell me otherwise please do

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Eighteen months ago there was plenty of anecdotal evidence of policemen/women being told by people who were breaking Covid laws that if it was okay for Dominic Cummings, it was okay for them following his Barnards Castle jaunt. That was an incident which added greatly to a drip drip effect that was started by the likes of Neil. (?) Ferguson and the doctor advising the Scottish Government that there was one rule for us plebs and another one for the “elite”.

In the last month or so that drip, drip has turned into a steady stream with stories of parties/gatherings/works meetings call them what you like from this time last year showing that the anti Covid rules in place at the time we’re being broken by members of the UK Governments and or staff/civil servants who were working for them. This was then backed up by a very embarrassing video for the Government in which one such “party” was treated as a sort of joke.

As James Wales has told us what seems like thousands of times in this thread, he has no issue with the Guardian photo. I disagree with him because he is treating it as a one off when it needs to be looked at in conjunction with all of the other stuff mentioned above and if cheese and wine at a “works meeting” in May 2020 turns out to be the straw which breaks the camel’s back when it comes to following the rules for some, then cheese and wine may turn out to be a killer.
    I'm not defending Garden gate because I don't like it either. But part from lack of social distancing, (and Im unclear whether at the time it was the rule when meeting outdoors) what rules were broken?

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    |There was some good stuff in this thread earlier on.

It hasn't aged well
    Let's keep it alive by throwing some new wood on the fire.

What do you think of the logic of the new law in Wales that you can be fined £60 for going to work rather than working from home, but you can pop into a pub anywhere in Wales without a mask, meet your mates and sit anywhere you want.

Almost as bad as the '5 mile 'rule...maybe worse

I'm not defending Garden gate because I don't like it either. But part from lack of social distancing, (and Im unclear whether at the time it was the rule when meeting outdoors) what rules were broken?
    The rules - oh sorry - THEIR rules were that only two people from different households could meet socially and they had to stay 2m apart.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    The rules - oh sorry - THEIR rules were that only two people from different households could meet socially and they had to stay 2m apart.
    So the question is whether they came together for a social gathering or that they had been at work for the day as claimed and were taking some time out and refreshment at the end of the day?

So the question is whether they came together for a social gathering or that they had been at work for the day as claimed and were taking some time out and refreshment at the end of the day?
    I know you are not defending Johnson but here was your immediate reaction when the news about Dominic Cummings broke.

I agree. I also think Vaughan Gething should go as well for having a picnic with his family on a bench at Cardiff Bay. Interesting that they have put a big barrier around that bench to stop anyone else using it.

Here’s a breakdown of what the situation was regarding outdoor meetings on 27/5/20 - right from the start the photo looked like a barbecue type gathering without an actual barbecue to me if that makes sense.

https://inews.co.uk/inews-lifestyle/...outside-417172

What do you think of the logic of the new law in Wales that you can be fined £60 for going to work rather than working from home, but you can pop into a pub anywhere in Wales without a mask, meet your mates and sit anywhere you want.

Don’t bet against Drakeford trying something like this again, he thinks he can do whatever he wants with his Labour majority you know safe in the knowledge they will never get voted out…..

There isn't a single professional occasion I've attended over the last 30 years that included wine that wouldn't have been called a party. Refreshments, in my experience, at work, are usually tea and coffee (mainly lashings of coffee).

Call me a traditionalist if you like, but I prefer my government leaders not to be p*ssed on the job (especially when drawing up rules under the kind of powers these people have over us).

It's a stupid rule. Quite frankly, all political leaders are acting like morons these days. They're not safe to be let out on their own, especially on social media.

It's ridiculous.

Not much more to say.

I don't think any of the UK governments have covered themselves in glory with the way they have handled the pandemic.

Some strange decisions on all sides

Any employer could claim that an employees attendance in the office is business critical. It would be hard to argue against it. I can't see any actually being successfully fined for this.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Here’s a breakdown of what the situation was regarding outdoor meetings on 27/5/20 - right from the start the photo looked like a barbecue type gathering without an actual barbecue to me if that makes sense.

https://inews.co.uk/inews-lifestyle/...outside-417172
    No, it doesn't make sense

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Any employer could claim that an employees attendance in the office is business critical. It would be hard to argue against it. I can't see any actually being successfully fined for this.
    So it's a stupid law then?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I await the first court case with interest

No, it doesn't make sense
    It looks like a barbecue gathering, but other food has replaced the cooked meat. The demeanour of the people photographed puts me more in mind of a barbecue than any sort of work setting I experienced in my forty years of as an office worker - I went to similar type gatherings with people I worked with, but they were very much social occasions.

So it's a stupid law then?
    Enforcement of the law all the way to issuing a fine would be stupid. Having a detrimental effect on mental health is also mentioned, so fining someone with that as a defence wouldn't happen.

There are plenty of laws that aren't enforced in their entirety.