+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fit to fly PCR test advice

Re: Fit to fly PCR test advice

Quote Originally Posted by Wozza16 View Post
    Are there any sites where I can just turn up for a day 2 arrival test SE Wales? I'm not sure I'm even flying yet and I may not receive the postal one in time by the time I know if I am flying? Ideally want to avoid testing at the airport as the costs are extortionate. I'll be arriving in Wales by train or bus
    Order a day 2 from Randox and it arrives within 48 hours. You need to take the test within 48 hours of the flight so it should be problem even if you order it the day before you fly. £43.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dwr View Post
    Order a day 2 from Randox and it arrives within 48 hours. You need to take the test within 48 hours of the flight so it should be problem even if you order it the day before you fly. £43.
    Thanks, I was hoping to find somewhere I could do it on the way home from Heathrow so it would be faster

I found that Amazon do the day 2 test if anybody is arriving and hasn't bought one, only £35 and only £32 each as there are 2 of us https://www.amazon.co.uk/Amazon-COVI...p?ie=UTF8&th=1

Quote Originally Posted by Wozza16 View Post
    Thanks, I was hoping to find somewhere I could do it on the way home from Heathrow so it would be faster
    You can do one at the CCS with results within 24 hours for £69. Bit more expensive but guarantees your results a bit quicker and no messing around doing it yourself and sending it off etc. I did it the other day and can't fault the service albeit the price not ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Surely it costs them more to fly than refund
    Depends when they cancel and what flight they put on. You are entitled to specific compensation amounts for cancellations (under certain circumstances).

And airlines do have to fly their routes or else they lose their slots.

Well today we found out the 2 elderly clients of my wife's who I setup the covid passports for have decided not to go on the cruise, they were due to go tomorrow , they cancelled this morning , 27 hours before they were due to board, so a full refund

7 hours

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dwr View Post
    You'd hope not, else they'd be making a loss every time they flew!
    Sorry - on the basis that flights were cancelled some time in advance and therefore not full

Flight prices have dropped 80% for Dec/Jan and anything cancelled within 14 days of departure is liable for compensation

It's obviously more economical to fly half sold flights, than it would to just do nothing at all

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Well today we found out the 2 elderly clients of my wife's who I setup the covid passports for have decided not to go on the cruise, they were due to go tomorrow , they cancelled this morning , 27 hours before they were due to board, so a full refund

7 hours
    goodness - I wonder if there's very last minute deals!