Cardiff vs Derby off.

Just flashed up on my phone.

Re: Cardiff vs Derby off.

Quote Originally Posted by Banc Blue View Post
    Just flashed up on my phone.
    Mine too.

Is it snowing in Cardiff then?

FFS are the under 23s playing this week?

Wonder if the shop will take this stupid Christmas jumper back and give me a refund

FFS.
    They have conveniently sited “medical staff being wiped out” as the reason.

I hope my night out isn’t called off too.

The statement does say that there are Covid cases in Cardiff as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Wonder if the shop will take this stupid Christmas jumper back and give me a refund
    Anyone who buys a Christmas jumper don’t deserve a refund 😂

At least the match wasn't called off an hour or so before KO like at NP one winter v Derby when the pitch was unplayable. 4 hours of driving for nothing apart from lunch in Cardiff.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    At least the match wasn't called off an hour or so before KO like at NP one winter v Derby when the pitch was unplayable. 4 hours of driving for nothing apart from lunch in Cardiff.
    Wasn't that the occasion when Ridsdale had to admit that while we had undersoil heating installed it wasn't actually attached to the necessary boiler as we didn't have enough cash to pay for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    Wasn't that the occasion when Ridsdale had to admit that while we had undersoil heating installed it wasn't actually attached to the necessary boiler as we didn't have enough cash to pay for it?
    I think you are referring to the CCS. Might be wrong. The late call for the Derby match was about 14 years ago, maybe. One for the statos.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    I think you are referring to the CCS. Might be wrong. The late call for the Derby match was about 14 years ago, maybe. One for the statos.
    There was a Cardiff - Leicester game called off at the last moment in December 2009. Ridsdale admitted the undersoil heating wasn't operational. It was after a mid morning pitch inspection (not sure if an early kick off). I do know I had driven from Sheffield and turned around at Monmouth. Not happy.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    There was a Cardiff - Leicester game called off at the last moment in December 2009. Ridsdale admitted the undersoil heating wasn't operational. It was after a mid morning pitch inspection (not sure if an early kick off). I do know I had driven from Sheffield and turned around at Monmouth. Not happy.
    Yup Leicester.
    Wasn't it Boxing Day?
    It was around Christmas I know that.

pretty sure we had a game called off against Millwall in the 80's around January time at the last minute . we then headed off to watch the newport county v everton game. pretty sure it was the millwall game anyone confirm ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    Haha I remember that now 😂

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    pretty sure we had a game called off against Millwall in the 80's around January time at the last minute . we then headed off to watch the newport county v everton game. pretty sure it was the millwall game anyone confirm ?
    That was an eventful day

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    I think that it might have been earlier than this (in the late 1970s maybe?) but I remember the club's first ever Sunday game was postponed when we were on our way to NP in the car. And we only lived in Lakeside!

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    That was an eventful day
    It certainly was

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Yup Leicester.
    Wasn't it Boxing Day?
    It was around Christmas I know that.
    December 19th 2009 the Leicester match at the CCS was called off. The under pitch heating system hadn't been connected to the boiler....apparently.

The match v Derby that was called off at around 1.15pm (for a 3pm KO) was definately at NP as I recall queueing at the TO there to get a refund. Can't find any reference to that match though.

The list of EFL cancellations for this weekend is growing: 5 in the Championship, 5 in League 1, 3 in League 2.

Expect more before Saturday.

Wasn’t the game in 2009 when Eddie Johnson scored at both ends a rearranged match? I suppose it could have been because one of the teams were still in the FA Cup, rather than it being called off because of the weather mind.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Wasn’t the game in 2009 when Eddie Johnson scored at both ends a rearranged match? I suppose it could have been because one of the teams were still in the FA Cup, rather than it being called off because of the weather mind.
    That OG may have cost us a play off spot that season.

Bit harsh I know but the collapse after that was ridiculous.

I went to Scarborough early 90s only for it to get called off due to snow 🤦*♂️

When Rooney stated that it’d most probably be off, I cleaned Tesco out of milk and bread, thought he’d had a weather warning.