+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: City support from the Cardiff area's?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: City support from the Cardiff area's?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Well having a few programmes framed on the wall in a pub near the ground frequented on match days is not really the same

I mean people can argue the toss all day that Cardiff has good support from Cardiff itself but that's being in denial .

CCFC has always had a good following from outside the city limits , its in Cardiff where the support is lacking . Its woefully embarrassing to see man United and Liverpool tops around Canton on match day .

You wouldn't see that in a proper football city
    In denial? You're the one convinced people in Canton don't support Cardiff because they don't have a supporter's club to take them to games

The truth is you have nothing to back up what you're saying and you're pedalling the same old crap about Cardiff that you always do. Every city in Britain have people who support the big PL teams, Cardiff is no different.

Of course Cardiff does draw support from outside the city, but it does from inside it too

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    In denial? You're the one convinced people in Canton don't support Cardiff because they don't have a supporter's club to take them to games

The truth is you have nothing to back up what you're saying and you're pedalling the same old crap about Cardiff that you always do. Every city in Britain have people who support the big PL teams, Cardiff is no different.

Of course Cardiff does draw support from outside the city, but it does from inside it too
    I live in CF11 top of Penarth Road/Riverside, 10 mins from The Grange so pretty close to CCS. Me and Mrs. C walk to matches and there are masses of local supporters. We don't see many CCFC shirt wearers ( I own one but never wear it). We don't see many scarves but usually, there's the odd hat that's years old and worn (as in distressed). If you catch a No2 Dumballs Road bus you'll even see/meet people from The Bay going to games (shock horror). Lots of students from Grangetown and Canton go in small groups. They don't wear Cardiff tops.

It's utter bollux that we don't get a local following and yes, it's a complete myth that we're all wearing plastic tops in the city. Of course, there're no f*ckn supporters clubs from Grangetown. The club is, well, the supporters club.

I used to wear an old battered 99 baseball cap when I was more mobile and cycled around Cardiff (sadly, something I can no longer do) and would get loads of thumbs up, comments, 'great hat' remarks from all kinds of people around the city who recognised the significance of the 99.

There's no doubting the massive support outside of the city but there's a huge very local support too. I'd argue that the club just doesn't do enough to welcome asian and muslim locals. Something Yousef was trying to do when he organsied the mural near Bute Street. The club is bloody useless when it comes to trying to attract a more diverse supporter base and there are lots of local lads who would go if they felt more welcome.

Just because we're not wearing replica CCFC shirts doesn't mean we don't exist!

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I live in CF11 top of Penarth Road/Riverside, 10 mins from The Grange so pretty close to CCS. Me and Mrs. C walk to matches and there are masses of local supporters. We don't see many CCFC shirt wearers ( I own one but never wear it). We don't see many scarves but usually, there's the odd hat that's years old and worn (as in distressed). If you catch a No2 Dumballs Road bus you'll even see/meet people from The Bay going to games (shock horror). Lots of students from Grangetown and Canton go in small groups. They don't wear Cardiff tops.

It's utter bollux that we don't get a local following and yes, it's a complete myth that we're all wearing plastic tops in the city. Of course, there're no f*ckn supporters clubs from Grangetown. The club is, well, the supporters club.

I used to wear an old battered 99 baseball cap when I was more mobile and cycled around Cardiff (sadly, something I can no longer do) and would get loads of thumbs up, comments, 'great hat' remarks from all kinds of people around the city who recognised the significance of the 99.

There's no doubting the massive support outside of the city but there's a huge very local support too. I'd argue that the club just doesn't do enough to welcome asian and muslim locals. Something Yousef was trying to do when he organsied the mural near Bute Street. The club is bloody useless when it comes to trying to attract a more diverse supporter base and there are lots of local lads who would go if they felt more welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post

There's nothing more fetching than seeing pot-bellied men in their fifties shoe-horned into football tops that are designed for much fitter specimens.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    There's nothing more fetching than seeing pot-bellied men in their fifties shoe-horned into football tops that are designed for much fitter specimens.
    You trying to say I is not looking fit like!?!

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post

BTW, I was agreeing with you!