+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Curb Your Enthusiasm

Curb Your Enthusiasm

Thought I’d catch a few episodes of it this morning due to not making my way down the City, f*ck me, what brilliant television. Really is a TV great, Larry David, excruciatingly non PC. Basil Fawlty would be proud of him.

Re: Curb Your Enthusiasm

Fantastic show. I was alerted to it originally many years back when Ricky Gervais interviewed Larry David for a TV documentary. Watched two episodes on the back of that and immediately went out and bought everything that was available, which I think was only two seasons at that stage.

Tracey Ullman is brilliant in the current series.

Its a great show which is saying something for me as on the whole I find American comedy crap

Apart from In Living Colour

I love curb and I’ve been watching Seinfeld a lot recently. It’s a bit more sitcoms-y but still really well written

Absolutely love Curb, thing is we’re all Larry David that’s why it works so well.

Is it available to stream in the UK?

Fabulous show.
    I never got Seinfeld at all, but I love CYE.

My favourite episode is when he picks up a hooker so he can use an HOV Lane to get to a baseball game on time.

Pretty, pretty good.

I tried it a few years ago and didn't manage the end of the first episode.

Went back to it earlier this year and have loved it.

It's hilarious and we have watched it from episode 1 right up to to the latest episode earlier this week.

It's brilliant.

Surely now even exceeding the success of Seinfeld which I also liked.

When you consider much of the dialogue is ad-libbed it makes it all the more clever.

Larry touches on topics that most shows fear to address... And does so being hysterical and non PC.. but as it usually makes Larry the butt of the joke it gets away with it. Very clever.

So many great episodes.

Palestinian chicken is my favourite episode although I must be honest that this season (11) is very very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Fabulous show.

My favourite episode is when he picks up a hooker so he can use an HOV Lane to get to a baseball game on time.
    I can 100% understand why too, Seinfeld definitely more of a 90s American sitcom.

But George and Kramer are unbelievable characters. But yeah it’s not on the level of curb.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    I tried it a few years ago and didn't manage the end of the first episode.

Went back to it earlier this year and have loved it.

It's hilarious and we have watched it from episode 1 right up to to the latest episode earlier this week.
    What platform do you watch it on?

Fabulous show.

That episode was used to acquit a man accused of murder - his alabi was that he was at that baseball game - and the curb cameras picked him up.

Did you know that Cardiff features in the series with Brian Cranston? They used a stock camera shot of the Hayes in between scenes in one of the episodes. Blink and you’ll miss it. I remember watching it and thinking something about LA looked very familiar, even though I’ve never been there.

Leon rocks..I'd tap rhat ass...

A laugh a minute show; amazing characters

Fabulous show.

we ( family viewing ) finished Brooklyn 99 last night, scanned Netflix / Prime / Disney+ for a new series, I got excited that Seinfeld was on Netflix ( I used to love it, watched them all as a youngster ), oldest daughter was gone after 5 mins as the picture quality was so poor ( it is, we do get spoiled with full HD stuff ) youngest daughter was gone in another 5 mins as it wasn't funny ( S1 Ep 1 wasn't to be honest )

During our lockdowns we have watched " Friday night dinner ", " superstore " and " Brooklyn 99 " , so the search goes on

as I side note, I noticed the tiger king is back for a new series

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    That episode was used to acquit a man accused of murder - his alabi was that he was at that baseball game - and the curb cameras picked him up.
    That's wild!

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    Did you know that Cardiff features in the series with Brian Cranston? They used a stock camera shot of the Hayes in between scenes in one of the episodes. Blink and you’ll miss it. I remember watching it and thinking something about LA looked very familiar, even though I’ve never been there.
    I remember that, it made the news here

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-...wales-41770749

For me Larry David nails life so well ,man's is a genius.

That's wild!
    Its true

He's F A T positive

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    What platform do you watch it on?
    Sky Comedy Catch up. On our Sky Q box we can get the whole lot from season 1 episode 1

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Sky Comedy Catch up. On our Sky Q box we can get the whole lot from season 1 episode 1
    Got it Mike thanks

Started watching it a few months back. Am only on season 5 now, but absolutely love it. Brilliant comedy!