+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Omicron No more than a cold ?

Re: Omicron No more than a cold ?

If you applied the Danish figures (are they actually true? ) to the cruise liner , surely almost everyone on board would get the virus?

Tuerto has questioned the articles but there hasnt been a response .

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    If you applied the Danish figures (are they actually true? ) to the cruise liner , surely almost everyone on board would get the virus?

Tuerto has questioned the articles but there hasnt been a response .
    But the sources are so poor (as Tuerto highlighted) and shouldn't be taken seriously. The data is suspect (even though its from Statens Serum Institut) and Makis whose Tweet is highlighted is a glory hunter of Sigmund Freud proportions. The Danish data is a screen grab with no link to its source paper (which I always regard suspiciously) and is published on LifeSite which is not exactly known for its objectivity or sanity.

Add to that the readership who's comments include things like "When you fool Natural Immunity with laboratory chemicals, you've entered the Devil's Playground" then it's really not worth spending too much time on this. Conspiracy doesn't even do these sites justice.

I have learned a new term though. Jab-Romancer = someone who supports the vaccine program. It's scary stuff reading the comments section. These are the type of people who try and serve pseudo papers on Alan Shearer but get the wrong house.

Right, that really is it from me now. Freshly ironed paper awaits and I can smell the next batch of mincies in the oven.
    Last edited by Citizen's Nephew; 24-12-21 at 07:41. Reason: Grammar & Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    yes i agree effects people in different ways

I had it last month and luckily had sod all wrong with me just aching limbs for 1 day a bit sleepy and a slight sore throat . had to isolate for 10 days and didn't see a single soul for 12 days . Not complaining as lots of people have it alot worse

as for everyone to get vaccinated worldwide i feel thats a tall order but to say to end civilisation is a bit extreme .

There are some countries dealing with it better than others check out Japan for example

The biggest cruise ship in the world royal caribbean grandeur a few days ago had 55 cases of covid on board out of a total of fully vaccinated 6,000 people according to the cruise line .

How can a fully vaccinated population get any covid positives if everyone on board is vaccinated and tested before boarding ? I don't get it

i won't post a link as i will get accused of all sorts . google it yourself
    Of course it is extreme and unlikely, but deliberately so.

My point is that we simply don't know what the next mutation will be like.

Delta was worse than the original;Omicron is more transissable, but has milder symptoms.
    The next one *could* be relatively harmless, but it could equally be be more transmissable and more deadly.

As for the whole world being vaccinated -
    Humanity has eradicated smallpox, but if one country were to have a case, then it would be an active and deadly disease.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    This guy called it right three weeks ago.. ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ls7z...r.JohnCampbell

He also said it was good so many would be affected albeit mildly as immunity would be increased and this might even knock Covid on the head
    Ive been watching Dr John since this covid started ( or it seems that way anyway ) he was always very pro Vit D and K2 ( which we brought into )
    He Is fairly matter of fact and doesn't doom and gloom that much, but when Omicron hit he was worried, then about 2 weeks ago he said this could be the end game of Covid, he said that it wasn't that the human race had outsmarted covid, it was just the human race was very lucky and covid had mutated to become more contagious

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    I'm just amazed at the amount of Phd's are held by people on football massage boards and how much access to data they have.

You'd swear that every mechanic, bus driver and button monkey is worth listening too.
    Ain't that the truth, including myself!

Lets all hope that it is mild and reduces covid in future to cold / flu status so we can all get back on with our lives !!

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    I'm just amazed at the amount of Phd's are held by people on football massage boards and how much access to data they have.

You'd swear that every mechanic, bus driver and button monkey is worth listening too.
    That's the problem when you can't trust a single word that comes out of the government's mouths. Appalling leadership leads to chaos.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I think up to yesterday there had been 12 deaths in the UK due to Omicron.

Lets hope it is milder. But comparisons to a cold? Not sure of being that hopeful.

How many people die of a cold each year?
    Agree. Death is a very, very crude measure of how dangerous this is. There are lots of people suffering long term / life changing effects from this virus. That it is less deadly is fantastic. It doesn't make it a cold. Not yet.

One thing I never understand with these criticisms of govt being over-cautious: what is your conspiracy theory? This is Boris Johnston's Tory government. Does anyone honestly think he wants businesses closed, restrictions imposed etc? I'm not a fan of his by any means and I actually think his optimism bias has been a disaster, certainly in 2020. But at no stage do i suspect he's needlessly throttled the economy. Why would he? It's hardly in his DNA.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Agree. Death is a very, very crude measure of how dangerous this is. There are lots of people suffering long term / life changing effects from this virus. That it is less deadly is fantastic. It doesn't make it a cold. Not yet.

One thing I never understand with these criticisms of govt being over-cautious: what is your conspiracy theory? This is Boris Johnston's Tory government. Does anyone honestly think he wants businesses closed, restrictions imposed etc? I'm not a fan of his by any means and I actually think his optimism bias has been a disaster, certainly in 2020. But at no stage do i suspect he's needlessly throttled the economy. Why would he? It's hardly in his DNA.
    The fact that a right wing bufoon and his useless front bench have imposed all these restrictions implementing a left wing policy to pay people and save businesses should knock back all the conspiracy theories.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post

There seems to be a strong feeling mostly amongst the youngsters its a conspiracy all about control .
    Trying to explain, its unlikely any government would deliberately close the country down seems to fall on deaf ears , even the more intelligent amongst them appear to think there is more to it than meets the eye.