Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alfie Doughty - CONFIRMED

Alfie Doughty - CONFIRMED

https://twitter.com/alex_crook/statu...j4KMSTxSQ&s=19

linked on loan.

would presumably mean they don't want to risk waiting for giles

Re: Alfie doughty

Alfie Doughty - that's a great name.
    That's what you say when you boss asks you to make a cuppa. "Alfie doughty! I'll get right on it".

think he's a decent player, quite quick

would prefer Giles, but if wolves are dragging their feet we can't risk not having someone to play there

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Can't find much about him but not a bad word on the Stoke forum
    https://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com...oughty-cardiff

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/spor...y-pace-5830653

Could have Doughty and Doyle together in midfield. Sounds like a 1980s US cop show.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Could have Doughty and Doyle together in midfield. Sounds like a 1980s US cop show.
    Wasn't there a Bodie & Doyle on tv in the 70s

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    They were two of the characters in the Professionals

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    They were two of the characters in the Professionals
    McCormack & Chopra were in CHiPS, usually a large bag

Crilly and Doyle were a better pair......g’wan, g’wan, g’wan.

Doughty Done Deal

Re: Doughty Done Deal

no Giles then presumably.

hope he doesn't go to Swansea instead

Re: Alfie doughty - CONFIRMED

Alfie Doughty has today joined Cardiff City on loan for the remainder of the 21/22 campaign.

Which if his 11 substitute appearances for Stoke are you basing this assessment on?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Which if his 11 substitute appearances for Stoke are you basing this assessment on?
    he played against Cardiff a couple of times for Charlton previously

he played against Cardiff a couple of times for Charlton previously
    Caught your eye during his 11-minute sub appearance at the Valley in 2019 and the sparkling 0-0 draw at the CCS in 2020, did he?

Caught your eye during his 11-minute sub appearance at the Valley in 2019 and the sparkling 0-0 draw at the CCS in 2020, did he?

He caught my eye in a couple of televised matches for Charlton - he was playing more as an orthodox winger then. Would have preferred Giles, but I wouldn’t write him off because he’s not had much game time at Stoke.

One other thing, I can’t see Morison being under much pressure from Tan and co if they’re allowing him to sign four players in the transfer window - assuming Hugill comes.

Brief interview up on the club website.

Seems to be very grounded - and up for the fight.

Welcome Alfie!

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...rview-bluebird

What do you mean not a bad word on the Stoke forum I only read the first two pages and there were at least four of five bad postings about him. One said something like Good riddance apart from one game against Stoke he has been poor. Several describe him as a poor player and most of the others are along the lines he might be ok but no one has seen enough of him to judge.

The general tone is why did we did we sign him if we not going to play him.. Sorry but there is no way the Stoke forum can be described as not having a bad word about him as several do.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    He caught my eye in a couple of televised matches for Charlton - he was playing more as an orthodox winger then. Would have preferred Giles, but I wouldn’t write him off because he’s not had much game time at Stoke.
    I'm not writing him off by any means. I know next to nothing about him, having never heard of him until this morning. It just amuses me when people claim players are decent, good or whatever based on such blatantly limited evidence.

This lad joined Stoke - a bang everage mid-table side - in February 2021 and hasn't made a single league start for them since. He could be anything.

I'm not writing him off by any means. I know next to nothing about him, having never heard of him until this morning. It just amuses me when people claim players are decent, good or whatever based on such blatantly limited evidence.

This lad joined Stoke - a bang everage mid-table side - in February 2021 and hasn't made a single league start for them since. He could be anything.
    As long as hes better than what we've got....I think we're at that stage of desperation at the moment

Exactly. The glass half empty says he’s nothing special. But the glass half full shows how football is littered with players who don’t succeed at one club and go on to shine at others. Imagine if Chelsea had held onto De Bruyne and Salah. And closer to home, Jay Bothroyd didn’t spark any excitement when he signed for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    Exactly. The glass half empty says he’s nothing special. But the glass half full shows how football is littered with players who don’t succeed at one club and go on to shine at others. Imagine if Chelsea had held onto De Bruyne and Salah. And closer to home, Jay Bothroyd didn’t spark any excitement when he signed for us.
    Or sometimes people's glass are just full of piss and spend their time being a fun sponge and sucking the life out of anything and everyone 😂😂👍

Some players, for some reason, just don’t cut it at a particular club. 90 odd % of the time it’s that they’re just not up to it but there are a few that buck the trend. All we can hope is that Doughty is among the few.

6 points off the play offs with 2 games in hand.