+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lampard to Everton

Lampard to Everton

Apparently Rooney turned it down

Re: Lampard to Everton

Turned down the chance to interview for it wasn't it?

Sensible move

Quote Originally Posted by fingers View Post
    Apparently Rooney turned it down
    I'd quite like to see a club like Everton relegated.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I'd quite like to see a club like Everton relegated.
    It’d be the most excitement their fans have had for years, talk about just rolling on season after season

Talking to a Newcastle fan in The Borough a few years back after we’d played them in the Championship, he seemed quite content to be a bit of a yo yo club, (as long as they go back up). The relegation fights were exciting in a morbid sort of way and, after going down, he enjoyed visiting ‘new’ away grounds and places and winning regularly for a change. As long as they got immediate promotion, which they have done and they didn’t fall into the abyss like Sunderland he was quite ok with it, the chances of success in the Prem were long gone and they’d thrown the towel in on the FA Cup. I wonder how he’s feeling now after they’ve won the lottery, however dodgy the money is?

If Everton came down their fans may start to enjoy their football once more..........as long as they go back up

Apparently, he had a great interview. I always find this weird in football.

"So Mr Lampard, let me tell you a little bit about what we do here..." ..."the position is "manager" is that something your familiar with?... "why don't you tell me a bit about yourself, I see from your CV you worked at Chelsea twice and you've been out of work for the past 12 months, what happened there?"