+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Youtube video claiming only 17,000 died of Covid exposed as inaccurate by BBC

Youtube video claiming only 17,000 died of Covid exposed as inaccurate by BBC

"A misleading claim that "only" 17,000 people in England and Wales have died of Covid has been circulating online. The UK's Office for National Statistics (ONS) has stepped in to correct the record - but not before the false claim went viral.

"It has become a weapon of the cruel and heartless to dismiss the deaths of the people we love."

Matt Fowler lost his dad to Covid-19 in April 2020. Ian Fowler was 56 at the time of his death, and lived with type 2 diabetes - which his son said had a "minor, barely perceptible impact on his life that he controlled with his diet".

But the suggestion that "only" 17,000 people in England and Wales have died of Covid - a figure arrived at by removing from the data anyone with a pre-existing health condition - completely discounts the deaths of people like Ian."

Link: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/60145237

Posting misinformation is a wicked thing.

Re: Youtube video claiming only 17,00 died of Covid exposed as inaccurate by BBC

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Posting misinformation is a wicked thing.
    Indeed. And those who wilfully promote what turns out to be misinformation of this nature without first checking it's validity are complete and utter twats.

Re: Youtube video claiming only 17,00 died of Covid exposed as inaccurate by BBC

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Indeed. And those who wilfully promote what turns out to be misinformation of this nature without first checking it's validity are complete and utter twats.
    Pleased you responded in this manner.

Seems the BBC reporter - and several folk on this forum - got completely the wrong end of the stick.

Why have you started a new thread on this? It's only 10 days since your last one, where you also linked his false information video.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Why have you started a new thread on this? It's only 10 days since your last one, where you also linked his false information video.
    Also glad you've posted this.

Pleased you responded in this manner.
    I responded in that manner because I firmly believe it's true.

You and the chuckling 'doctor' can back-track until your bollocks drop off - it'll make no difference. He knew exactly what he was doing when he posted that initial video, just as you knew what you were doing when you started a thread highlighting it on here. You're fooling absolutely nobody now.

Apparently, in your own words, you believed you were helping to expose "the scaremongering tactics of governments," when in fact you were exposing yourself as an idiot.

I was just reading that a lot of people that are "fooled" by false information don't actually believe it. They just go with it because it suits their political stance. Imagine that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    You and the chuckling 'doctor' can back-track until your bollocks drop off - it'll make no difference. He knew exactly what he was doing when he posted that initial video, just as you knew what you were doing when you started a thread highlighting it on here. You're fooling absolutely nobody now.
    I would be most interested in your evidence behind your comment that Dr Campbell 'knew exactly was he was doing when he posted that initial video'.
    And when you make snide comments like the "chuckling 'doctor'", you really have lost the argument.

In case folk have missed why I started this thread, might it just be that many people (including BBC's Rachel Schraer) have not understood what Dr Campbell was saying?

So - "firmly" misunderstanding what qualified people say (with supporting evidence) eh?

And I'm the idiot!

I think that Dr Campbell has been helpful, informative, transparent and objective throughout this shitty period.

He was one of the first people that I watched highlighting the seriousness of the virus and has never downplayed it.
    He has also been a massive Vaccine and Mask Wearing proponent.

This hokum has been "skewed" from.the very start… “within 28 of days of a positive test “

Imagine if they tested everyone who died within 28 days of flu, which has disappeared this year ?

Even Sajid Javid suggested the figure is skewed.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...-virus-admits/

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    I think that Dr Campbell has been helpful, informative, transparent and objective throughout this shitty period.

He was one of the first people that I watched highlighting the seriousness of the virus and has never downplayed it.
    He has also been a massive Vaccine and Mask Wearing proponent.
    Is that the "chuckling" 'doctor' (in inverted commas) ?

Hard to reconcile what you said with this description......

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    This hokum has been "skewed" from.the very start… “within 28 of days of a positive test “

Imagine if they tested everyone who died within 28 days of flu, which has disappeared this year ?

Even Sajid Javid suggested the figure is skewed.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...-virus-admits/
    Or who ate cornflakes the morning they died.

FFS. You do know that you don't need to have any medical knowledge to be the Health Secretary or a journalist, don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Or who ate cornflakes the morning they died.

FFS. You do know that you don't need to have any medical knowledge to be the Health Secretary or a journalist, don't you?
    Of course you don’t , but his advisors do don’t they , otherwise he is also misleading the public ?

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Of course you don’t , but his advisors do don’t they , otherwise he is also misleading the public ?
    No politician would ever do that.

Re: Youtube video claiming only 17,000 died of Covid exposed as inaccurate by BBC

Neither would the BBC

Re: Youtube video claiming only 17,000 died of Covid exposed as inaccurate by BBC

Youve had a mare here Cyclops.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Explain, please

Time to change accounts and come back fresh.

The original thread with this nurse was bad enough now we have this.

Is that the "chuckling" 'doctor' (in inverted commas) ?

Hard to reconcile what you said with this description......
    I watched the whole video when you posted it and it was poor compared to his other stuff. He knew exactly what he was doing which in my view trashed all the good stuff that came before. I don't know what his motive was but it was all very dramatic the way he slowly revealed line by line the data only to leave it 'hanging'. That was very unprofessional and damaging. I don't know how much revenue this generated but with over 2M subscribers I'm guessing a lot.

The original thread with this nurse was bad enough now we have this.
    Suggest you re-evaluate what's being said here.

Its the bus reversing

I watched the whole video when you posted it and it was poor compared to his other stuff. He knew exactly what he was doing which in my view trashed all the good stuff that came before. I don't know what his motive was but it was all very dramatic the way he slowly revealed line by line the data only to leave it 'hanging'. That was very unprofessional and damaging. I don't know how much revenue this generated but with over 2M subscribers I'm guessing a lot.
    You sure you're reading the runes correctly here?
    There had been posts elswhere about the 17,000 deaths (which had been rubbished) before he posted.

You sure you're reading the runes correctly here?
    There had been posts elswhere about the 17,000 deaths (which had been rubbished) before he posted.
    ? I must be living in some alternate reality because I could have sworn you started a thread about this with the clickbait Dr and the clickbait data in order to generate clickbait. I don't remember him referring to any 'rubbished' data in his video (I can't be bothered to watch the whole thing again). I'll apologise in advance if I'm wrong. Am I wrong? If he didn't reference it then why did you post it and leave it with....actually, you know what. Forget it. I don't care enough to continue this.

Forget it. I don't care enough to continue this.
    OK
    I see Ant and Dec's Limitless Win is starting soon.