Thread: MORISON IN

MORISON IN

Going by that game today.
    Formation correct
    Team selection correct
    Tactics correct
    Signings correct
    Players right up for it.

His attitude isn't the best but we look alot better to watch under him than the previous few managers..
    This post could possibly come back and bite me on the ass but if we play like that against a few of the teams we have coming up i think we will do really well.
    Just a positive post

Re: MORISON IN

How about those who have posted very abusive personal comments about him (there's just one acually, as usual) and wrung their hands over his press conferences say something about this game?

Did that team seem together? Isn't that what matters?

Well done Morison, today was exactly what most people hoped for on the appointment being made.

Liked the look of the team today….nice

TBF if you purchase quality you get quality, and in turn uplifts everyone, the new players were excellent, I thought Morrison , Ralls and NG raised their game due the improved quality around them .

The one pleasing positive was their tenacity to win the second ball.

It's was good a good game to be at .

Best game I've seen us play for quite some time .

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post
    How about those who have posted very abusive personal comments about him (there's just one acually, as usual) and wrung their hands over his press conferences say something about this game?

Did that team seem together? Isn't that what matters?

Well done Morison, today was exactly what most people hoped for on the appointment being made.

Only one game but his signings look decent to and may get sharper with more game time..

One of the criticisms of Morison has been that he's too stubborn to change his approach, but I do wonder that now he's got players in who can actually implement what he's asking (and not just square pegs), if this is where the real judgment and assessment of his competency begins.

Totally different without pack and Nelson.

Great new signings.

Quote Originally Posted by FormerlyJohnnyBreadhead View Post
    One of the criticisms of Morison has been that he's too stubborn to change his approach, but I do wonder that now he's got players in who can actually implement what he's asking (and not just square pegs), if this is where the real judgment and assessment of his competency begins.
    You could be right. It must have been hard for him to take the job with a lack of players who can adapt and play the way he wants to.
    Long way to go but has i said that game today hopefully shows the direction we are heading under Morison.

Can certainly see what he is trying to do with the new signings.

I’m not sure what some people expected or who they thought we could bring in but I think he has done well considering he has jumped up from the U23s.

I’m not one of those trying to twist everything to make out he is the worse and neither do I think he’s the best thing since sliced bread. It is what it is, he has taken over a hard situation after MM. Time to judge will be the end of the season and then the club need to review and not panic like they did with MM.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    TBF if you purchase quality you get quality, and in turn uplifts everyone, the new players were excellent, I thought Morrison , Ralls and NG raised their game due the improved quality around them .

Agree. There was more energy out there today, The kid from Leeds is an Athlete and some, hopefully, as time goes by he becomes more composed. The most pleasing thing for me is that we didn't show Forest any respect, we were on the front foot for a large portion of the game and we saw the two flanked central defenders stepping out. Doyle looks like he has an idea in his head before he receives the ball and Ralls was actually afforded some time on the ball today and the chance to get into the final third in good positions due to his team mates along side him. Much better, well done Morison and the players.

Long way to go but has i said in a previous post....he was selecting with one hand behind his back, with the ' Well done today.old guard'.....that game today hopefully shows the direction we are heading under Morison.[

his post match interview on Sky was very good and inspired confidence that he does know what he's doing.

Yes he certainly deserves a lot of praise today. Without Pack, Nelson, Bacuna and Vaulks we look an entirely different team. In fairness his signings have been first class. I still don't like his attitude but hopefully that will change with experience. But if he keeps selecting this team I can see us going from strength to strength.

Quote Originally Posted by FormerlyJohnnyBreadhead View Post
    this was always the case, he only had players from previous managers to pick from ( apart from the his players from the U23, who might or might not have been upto the job ) and they were used to playing a certain way

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Agree. There was more energy out there today, The kid from Leeds is an Athlete and some, hopefully, as time goes by he becomes more composed. The most pleasing thing for me is that we didn't show Forest any respect, we were on the front foot for a large portion of the game and we saw the two flanked central defenders stepping out. Doyle looks like he has an idea in his head before he receives the ball and Ralls was actually afforded some time on the ball today and the chance to get into the final third in good positions due to his team mates along side him. Much better, well done Morison and the players.
    Totally agree with you and LOM. Cody Drameh was chasing down balls in the 89th minute as hard as he did from the off. Really impressed with him today.

Today the personnel was so different even to a month ago. Morison should be given the time he needs. Now we begin to see his side which I think means an unprecedented clearout at the end of the season. I thought Forrest were decent so maybe it'll give the lads a massive boost in confidence. One swallow as they say but the signs are better than they've been for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    his post match interview on Sky was very good and inspired confidence that he does know what he's doing.
    Totally agree - didn't like his comment about Davies but he apologised - don't mind his prickliness if I'm honest better than the bored look on mccarthy face who obviosuly found a gift of a last pay packet before reverting to talking bollocks in the studio or the vacuous phrasebook of Warnock that he trots out at every club

The biggest point that Morison made for me in post match comments was the fact that the players he had at his disposal needed help ie bodies through the door and that the youngsters will now benefit from this in releasing the pressure and expectation on them to do it for us - he now has those bodies and hopefully we can kick on with round pegs in round holes etc

Most wanted a change of style we are in transition to that but it takes time

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

I agree with all of that

Without Pack, Bacun6, Nelson, Vaulks and Flint, we actually look like a team that can play football
    What a sad indiment that is on those players
    They are that good that we haven't recieved a single bit of interest in any of them
    I hope we never see any of them in a City shirt again
    Bottlers the lit of them

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Without Pack, Bacun6, Nelson, Vaulks and Flint, we actually look like a team that can play football
    They are that good that we haven't recieved a single bit of interest in any of them
    Bottlers the lit of them
    U ok hun?

Bottlers the lit of them
    There were rumours that Sunderland wanted Flint, but even if that was true it will have changed now that Johnson has gone.

Hopefully Nelson out of the picture now. Not sure I liked his attitude and his performances this year have been poor.

Bottlers the lit of them
    Totally agree and I hope we see the last of them. However in fairness to them I don't think they're bottlers they just haven't the ability for the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Hopefully Nelson out of the picture now. Not sure I liked his attitude and his performances this year have been poor.
    I don't think his attitude is a problem. His performances have been inconsistent - a few excellent games (Preston in the cup for one) but too many poor performances.

Nelson, like Flint and Brown (and maybe Morrison), is technically limited, although he has more pace than his partners in crime, and all of them have had a major dip this season. In past seasons they have done OK, even if they are mainly static and passing a football is a skill too far. Nelson and Flint when on top of their game are fine for Plan A (Warnockball).

The problem is they are incapable of adapting to Plan B or Plan C. It looks like Ng is more than capable.

Today we saw the future, and it looks pretty good.

First Team

Morison definitely presents as someone not to be trifled with in a dispute down the local boozer.