+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Kieffer Moore - SIGNS FOR BOURNEMOUTH. CONFIRMED

Re: Kieffer Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    I doubt the loans really want to be here either, especially not once we lose a few.

Stay up and then what? More loans next year? This doesn't work out in the end. The only real point to having Morison as manager is he knows the youth well and it looks like he is ditching them at the first sign of trouble.
    Well yesterday they all looked like they wanted to be here more than Kiefer Moore.

so 5 Mill if they get promoted, its nothing money in that aspect, 3.5 Mill if they dont, got to be worth the risk

can't blame KM either, one last decent pay day, will be out on loan / sold next year with a fair chunk of his contract paid up by Fulham if they go up, win win

Jobi McAnuff has just mentioned Moore being in a contractual dispute with Cardiff this season. I’ve not seen that mentioned anywhere 🤷🏽*♂️

Quote Originally Posted by Burntwood Blue View Post
    Jobi McAnuff has just mentioned Moore being in a contractual dispute with Cardiff this season. I’ve not seen that mentioned anywhere ����*♂️
    no I've not heard anything about that

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Do you honestly believe it matters to Man City for instance whether or not they have English-born players making the grade ? The bottom line is if they're good enough like Foden then they will get into the team. If not, they will look elsewhere, usually outside of England.

Whilst not on the same scale, the same should apply to us, and I'm glad Morrison realises this too. His interview the other day regarding the pressure that the academy players were under to perform was spot on.
    As long as they still get the opportunity to improve and hopefully get into the first team that's what counts.

When you "look at what you have" and realise it's not going to keep you up, you have to look elsewhere.
    Who are we looking at outside of England?

If we can't produce players and can't scout/compete overseas then we are limited to other peoples chuck outs who never really made it and journeymen.

We aren't building anything, just sustaining ourselves until next years crisis.

We seem to be back in contact with Bristol City about Nahki Wells - with the negotiations around permanent or loan, and if loan the % of wages we would cover.

Local Bristol press also claiming we have enquired about Kasey Palmer! Why?

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/...ansfer-6579365

He hasn’t been at his best this season and I would have been concerned if Hugill struggled against Forest. As it is Hugill seemed to fit in perfectly and it Surridge would have been a good loan as always impressed but looks like he’s off to forest.

I doubt the loans really want to be here either, especially not once we lose a few.

Stay up and then what? More loans next year? This doesn't work out in the end. The only real point to having Morison as manager is he knows the youth well and it looks like he is ditching them at the first sign of trouble.
    We've been heading in one direction all season. If we persisted with the youngsters we were going down

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    When Sean Morrison switched to the agency employing Neil Warnock`s son he got a big pay rise from CCFC where NW was manager,
    Kieffer Moore has recently moved to the same agent and maybe was hoping for a similar big increase which the club , with a different manager, wouldn`t give him?

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    We've been heading in one direction all season. If we persisted with the youngsters we were going down
    The senior players are the ones who got us in this scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    We seem to be back in contact with Bristol City about Nahki Wells - with the negotiations around permanent or loan, and if loan the % of wages we would cover.

Wells was Hugill's partner at QPR in 2019-20. Hugill got 13, and Wells had 13 in 26 until he joined the Wurzels in late Jan.

The fact that the wurzels are anxious to get shot of them should be a bit of a warning sign.

A scattergun approach

In a relegation scrap, Kasey Palmer is probably the last guy you need.
    He has some great skills but the footballing brain the size of a pea.

The attempted Cruyff turn in our own penalty area away at West Brom hanging on for a point sticks in my head.,,

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    The fact that the wurzels are anxious to get shot of them should be a bit of a warning sign.
    We need Wells off the wage bill.
    His salary is fking colossal. Literally a bomb site of a deal done by that shyster Ashton before he arsed off to Ipswich.
    He is 4th in order behind Weimann, Martin and Semenyo so we are wasting money.

Palmer isn’t in Pearson’s plans. Can’t remember last time I saw him play.
    We can’t play him and Massengo and he’s 10x the player of Palmer.

We are shedding money at the rate of an old Chelsea manager in a brothel. Need one or both out the door.

We dont need Wells or Palmer.

Let the yokels struggle to meet FFP.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    The senior players are the ones who got us in this scenario.
    If we persisted with the youngsters we were going down. Most of them aren't good enough at least not yet.

On slightly different note, I thought you looked a tidy side against Forest yesterday what I watched.
    Week before against us you were horrendous.

Bit of a jekyl and hyde lot then?

Huegill looks a good addition so maybe you aren’t desperate for a striker.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I heard a rumor he's looking for a pay rise to help with the cost of living squeeze we're all suffering 😕

Who are we looking at outside of England?

If we can't produce players and can't scout/compete overseas then we are limited to other peoples chuck outs who never really made it and journeymen.

We aren't building anything, just sustaining ourselves until next years crisis.
    I think you're missing the point mate. I mentioned Man City looking outside of England as they are an English club, in the same way we should be looking outside of Wales if the Welsh players we have at our disposal are not up to standard.

Unless there is a culture change, we will never produce players in any great quantity, so we will always be looking nationwide to make up the bulk of the team. It's not ideal for sustained success but two major cup finals and two promotions to the PL in recent times are not to be sniffed at.

I think you're missing the point mate. I mentioned Man City looking outside of England as they are an English club, in the same way we should be looking outside of Wales if the Welsh players we have at our disposal are not up to standard.

Unless there is a culture change, we will never produce players in any great quantity, so we will always be looking nationwide to make up the bulk of the team. It's not ideal for sustained success but two major cup finals and two promotions to the PL in recent times are not to be sniffed at.
    Personally I agree with you. I wish we weren't fixated on Welsh players. We compete in a League system where clubs seek recruitment from anywhere in the world and don't confine themselves to their own backyard. We don't need to limit our options. I wish we could develop a better scouting network and in particular find more foreign gems wherever possible.

However, all that being said, the club really needs to step up on the development of our own younger players. I've been encouraged by the emergence of some younger talent this season but I'm not entirely sure more than one or two will develop to a high enough standard.

I don't think you are going to find as many unearthed gems in England as you think. We appear to be raiding the benches and 2nd teams of sides who we were competing with previously. That doesn't show a great amount of ambition if I am honest.

Not had the confirmation through yet but here he is in a Bournemouth top

kieffer_cherry.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Not had the confirmation through yet but here he is in a Bournemouth top

kieffer_cherry.jpg
    Is the ambulance there just in case he catches Covid?

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Is the ambulance there just in case he catches Covid?