+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Kieffer Moore - SIGNS FOR BOURNEMOUTH. CONFIRMED

Re: Kieffer Moore

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    Yep, another striker due in 👍. Youngish, lots of championship experience.
    Any more outgoings? I was thinking of Mark Harris. Looks like he’ll be way down the pecking order. Can’t see him being involved much if at all if another striker is coming in.

Being linked with Leyton Orient's Harry Smith as a potential replacement.
    Probably pay them £3.5m for him!

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    if it's 3.5 rising to 5 on promotion which may not happen) then that is an utterly shit deal for us.
    if you doubled those values then it would be worthwhile
    How much would he be worth in the summer?

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Being linked with Leyton Orient's Harry Smith as a potential replacement.
    Probably pay them £3.5m for him!
    Seems we asked Preston about Sean Maguire as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Seems we asked Preston about Sean Maguire as well.
    yeah I heard that. he never scores though

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    How much would he be worth in the summer?
    how much would it cost to get in an equivalent replacement

yeah I heard that. he never scores though
    22 goals in 143 games at this level

£3.5m for a player soon to turn 30 who has had one good season in his entire career.

I imagine we have taken a lower amount on the basis that it’s cash up front.

Money received will be the first down payment on the Sala fee so so don’t expect to see any of it spent on a replacement.

how much would it cost to get in an equivalent replacement
    On the 20 goal striker from last season or the sulker from this?

we probably have just about enough cover until the summer. it might be a better idea to offer a young foreign striker who is out of contract in the summer a precontract deal now.
    although I'm not sure our scouting network have remembered to renew their passports

This has reminded me of the time when we loaned Kenwyne Jones to Bournemouth to help them get promoted.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Any more outgoings? I was thinking of Mark Harris. Looks like he’ll be way down the pecking order. Can’t see him being involved much if at all if another striker is coming in.
    Be shocked if we let anyone else out of first team squad with amount of games coming up.

Surridge seems to have made it to Twitter now.

Be shocked if we let anyone else out of first team squad with amount of games coming up.

is that another loan then presumably?

Essentially, Cardiff City have been the same for most of the existence, selling their best players often for less than their value. We waited more than ten years for a player to score twenty goals in a season for us and we then sell him for a fee which will barely make a profit for us once Wigan have taken their cut - madness.

Market conditions now are totally different, particularly from when we signed Madine but also from when Moore arrived here. To even compare the three scenarios as similar shows a basic lack of understanding as to what has happened in the last two years. If Moore is sold for around the fee quoted (and he hasn't signed yet) then we will have made a reasonable profit at a time when many teams at our level aren’t even in the market and are trying to offload existing players for anything they can get. If Moore wants to sign for a club that has less fans, poorer facilities than we have and has been struggling to maintain a play off place recently, then that's up to him but if they don't get back up this season, then they will struggle to hold onto their better players and their finances will plunge as they go into the final year of parachute payments. FFP will then come into play, as it did a few years ago when they were heavily fined. There is no way a small club like them can run as they are now with their gates and income. They appear to be gambling everything on getting up this season - just like Derby and look where thats got them.

is that another loan then presumably?
    Not sure. Are we allowed any more short term loans?

Not sure. Are we allowed any more short term loans?
    I think so, yes

Expected he would be off, we brought back Watters and signed Hugill, all pointed towards this outcome.

Seems lowish fee but I think the 8 mil ive seen mentioned would have been stretching it. Clearly no one has come in with anything better than this offer.

He really has barely looked a 3.5m player this season and that doesn't help.

I suspect it will have potential future add ons.

Depending on your viewpoint you could say we're losing our most talented player and only good goal scoring striker in a decade who also plays for Wales. The other being we're losing a player who is 30 this year, only has one really good season at championship level, has been average when on the pitch this season and clearly isn't a team player and has sulked his way out of our club. I'll take the second viewpoint for the time being and see how he gets on at Bournemouth, this might no look so bad in a years time.

That will be ironic as he was being held up as an example of a player who was signed for a daft fee in an earlier Kieffer Moore thread.

Seems an odd one as he’s a regular on the Stoke bench and they don’t seem to have signed any other strikers.

That will be ironic as he was being held up as an example of a player who was signed for a daft fee in an earlier Kieffer Moore thread.

Seems an odd one as he’s a regular on the Stoke bench and they don’t seem to have signed any other strikers.
    he's still pretty young which must boost his fee, certainly ahead of where Kieffer.moore was at the same age.

Think it's a little more than speculated but ultimately it's in line with what Wolves were offering so clearly seen as his market value. We rightly rejected that back in the summer but if anything his value has gone backwards.

Is he worth more than that to us, potentially. But he goes into last year of his contract in summer and no suggestion that he'll sign a new one.

I'm more concerned that he's going somewhere where he's unlikely to even start but I guess that's his decision.
    Agree with you. His value has dropped as has is form. 3.5 million may be a good price for us. Seeing that he hasn't taken up vaccinations, i would say potential buyers may be worried by that and for that reason i can't see him gong anywhere.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Depending on your viewpoint you could say we're losing our most talented player and only good goal scoring striker in a decade who also plays for Wales. The other being we're losing a player who is 30 this year, only has one really good season at championship level, has been average when on the pitch this season and clearly isn't a team player and has sulked his way out of our club. I'll take the second viewpoint for the time being and see how he gets on at Bournemouth, this might no look so bad in a years time.

Michael O'Neill was asked about transfers after the game on Friday night, and said he expected to be busy today.

Surridge wasn't even on the bench.

Bournemouth are also said to be close to a loan deal for Norwich midfielder Todd Cantwell. They’re clearly going for it.