+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Kieffer Moore - SIGNS FOR BOURNEMOUTH. CONFIRMED

Re: Kieffer Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    the fee for Moore is way too low, it is going to cost a lot more to get in a decent replacement in the summer.
    the loan move for surridge is also pointless, we have hughill, Collins, watters, Davies, and Harris and we typically play 2 up front.
    I'm not sure he's going to play that much, wouldn't we be better off keeping the money until the summer?
    Logic would indicate that transfer fees are not objective, they are a factor of the amount a buying team is willing to spend and the amount a selling club will be happy to get.

Bearing in mind we're talking about a player who has had a single good season at this level, is hitting 30, doesn't fit the style of play we're going to, has had covid several times this season along with "ankle issue", fired his agent to move to agency looking to move him on, will be in the last year of his contract next season and has been woeful this season when he has actually played - not to mention lack of interest in him from other clubs.

The question therefore is how on earth can you say, will all of that, £3.5m is "too low", what exact leverage do we have to demand more money? Should we turn the deal down, keep him on the books, costing us money whilst not playing / putting in minimal effort only to then leaving for nothing next summer?

If the situation was reversed and we were buying Moore bearing in mind everything stated above, people would be complaining £3.5m was too much!

Should he go to Bournemouth, it'll be for the money; his last "big" contract, content to sit on the bench backing up Solanke - and if they got promoted, I'd not be surprised if they then sold him, as imo he'd be exposed in the Prem.

Probably the right move for club and player. If he was performing like last season I'd have been gutted to lose him. His heart hasn't been in it this year though! Even when he has played he hasn't put much effort in, much more excited to see what huggill and Davies can do for the rest of the year

On his performance/attitude this season should we be surprised that his valuation has plummeted? To be honest I'm surprised anyone is interested in him at all!

Hasnt contributed this season. Missed games with injury covid. Hes let us down.

Glad hes gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    On his performance/attitude this season should we be surprised that his valuation has plummeted? To be honest I'm surprised anyone is interested in him at all!
    Has it actually plummeted though? Wolves didn't think he was worth £10m in the summer.

Can't say I'm surprised, though I don't see the point in signing another striker

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Can't say I'm surprised, though I don't see the point in signing another striker
    Unless one of our other strikers is going out on loan. We wouldn't miss Collins or Harris (or Watters from yesterday's performance) if any of them went out on loan.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Unless one of our other strikers is going out on loan. We wouldn't miss Collins or Harris (or Watters from yesterday's performance) if any of them went out on loan.
    Wouldn’t be surprised to see Harris leave today

I'm in two minds about this. On the one hand, it looks like we're bringing in two strikers who have commanded significant transfer fees in recent years. If they both hit their straps we will see plenty of goals. I really enjoyed Hugill's performance yesterday, it was a breath of fresh air.

On the other hand, they are both players with damaged recent reputations, so will Cardiff be just another addition to their lengthy list of clubs on Wikipedia in years to come? I'm also a bit concerned about the effect on Harris and Davies. Yesterday's starting XI was the first one without a Welsh player for what seems quite a while, certainly pre-McCarthy? I know it's not for everyone but I want to see homegrown players in our team. Harris is 23 now - only 6 years younger than Kieffer, whose age - at 29 - is used is used as a reason to move him on. Harris needs to become a starter soon, otherwise his career will continue to drift.

My heart sank when I saw the Harris-to-Gillingham thread, and was relieved it was about Neil, not Mark. If Hugill and Surridge do well here then great - as well as the likes of Doughty and Doyle - but I hope it's not to the detriment of Harris, Davies, Evans, Bowen etc. If we're serious about developing homegrown talent, there comes a time where you look at what you have, not what you could get elsewhere.

I’m in the “fee too low” camp, but if that’s what’s happening, then the club’s approach to life after Kieffer seems sensible - no big transfer layout whilst we sort out which league we’re in and the money will hopefully be available in the summer to spend on the rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    I'm in two minds about this. On the one hand, it looks like we're bringing in two strikers who have commanded significant transfer fees in recent years. If they both hit their straps we will see plenty of goals. I really enjoyed Hugill's performance yesterday, it was a breath of fresh air.

On the other hand, they are both players with damaged recent reputations, so will Cardiff be just another addition to their lengthy list of clubs on Wikipedia in years to come? I'm also a bit concerned about the effect on Harris and Davies. Yesterday's starting XI was the first one without a Welsh player for what seems quite a while, certainly pre-McCarthy? I know it's not for everyone but I want to see homegrown players in our team. Harris is 23 now - only 6 years younger than Kieffer, whose age - at 29 - is used is used as a reason to move him on. Harris needs to become a starter soon, otherwise his career will continue to drift.

My heart sank when I saw the Harris-to-Gillingham thread, and was relieved it was about Neil, not Mark. If Hugill and Surridge do well here then great - as well as the likes of Doughty and Doyle - but I hope it's not to the detriment of Harris, Davies, Evans, Bowen etc. If we're serious about developing homegrown talent, there comes a time where you look at what you have, not what you could get elsewhere.
    Agreed about Harris, I think he's a good little player, often causes problems with his workrate as well. Should at least be on the bench

how much would it cost to get in an equivalent replacement
    How long is a piece of string? We live in a world where transfer fees aren't necessarily indicative of a player's ability or suitability.

There are players out there who end up being absolute bargains. There are players out there who end up being total wastes of money. Some average players keep being signed for good money yet don't often deliver on the pitch. Some good players keep going under the radar and deliver on the pitch.

I think what I'm saying is that you don't often need to break the bank for top players. A look at the Championship's top 10 scorers suggests that 4 were bought for big money (Mitrovic, Solanke, Brereton Diaz and Grabban). The rest were picked up for £2m and less, though their values have surely risen this season.

What would constitute an equivalent replacement for Moore? Someone of similar ability and experience? There's no guarantee that we could spend £5m on a Moore-type striker and he'd do the business in front of goal. Yet, a good coach and scouting network might be able to bring in a lesser known forward who has slipped under the radar and does well for us.

I think we are losing the plot again and I think the only reason anybody is trying to put a positive spin on it is the three points yesterday.

- Sell one of our only assets for sod all

- Best case scenario from the loans is that we make other teams players more valuable. If any of them get 10 goals between now and the end of the season then their parent clubs will be asking more than we are getting for Kieffer

- Two fingers up to the youngsters

Haven’t read the thread but this probably echoes a few other posts.. i can’t blame him for going, 30 in the summer this is his last chance at the premier league with promotion looking likely for Bournemouth. Let’s be honest he’s never worth £10 mill, but he is however worth more than £3.5 mill.

What does concern me is the fact his replacement is another loan, how ****ed are we financially that that we can’t buy players.

Interesting summer coming up, whichever league we’re in.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    I think we are losing the plot again and I think the only reason anybody is trying to put a positive spin on it is the three points yesterday.

- Best case scenario from the loans is that we make other teams players more valuable. If any of them get 10 goals between now and the end of the season then their parent clubs will be asking more than we are getting for Kieffer

Or 2 fingers up to us from a player who doesnt want to be at the club.

Best case scenario from the loans is they keep us up.

Quote Originally Posted by Zowhore View Post
    Haven’t read the thread but this probably echoes a few other posts.. i can’t blame him for going, 30 in the summer this is his last chance at the premier league with promotion looking likely for Bournemouth. Let’s be honest he’s never worth £10 mill, but he is however worth more than £3.5 mill.

What does concern me is the fact his replacement is another loan, how ****ed are we financially that that we can’t buy players.

Warnock was a pundit for the match yesterday. Follow the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post

I think the recruitment is getting a little scatter gun and I agree to an extent regarding the youngsters. We really don't need another striker.

Hopefully we can get a few of the youngsters out on loan because stagnating in the under 23s is good for nobody and has ruined some of our young prospects before

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Or 2 fingers up to us from a player who doesnt want to be at the club.

Best case scenario from the loans is they keep us up.
    I doubt the loans really want to be here either, especially not once we lose a few.

Stay up and then what? More loans next year? This doesn't work out in the end. The only real point to having Morison as manager is he knows the youth well and it looks like he is ditching them at the first sign of trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Zowhore View Post

I assume the loans situation is due to the fact that the manager is potentially only here until the summer. if we finish the season weakly then they may want to bring someone else in, so they probably want to avoid long term deals until we know if the manager will actually want them. plus what league will we be in, plus what happens with the Sala case etc.

it is starting to get frustrating though, as 2 or 3 loanees are fair enough, but putting 4 or 5 in the team and you aren't developing your own players or adding any value to them.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I think the recruitment is getting a little scatter gun and I agree to an extent regarding the youngsters. We really don't need another striker.

Hopefully we can get a few of the youngsters out on loan because stagnating in the under 23s is good for nobody and has ruined some of our young prospects before
    Totally agree. It's a mess in this regard.

I assume the loans situation is due to the fact that the manager is potentially only here until the summer. if we finish the season weakly then they may want to bring someone else in, so they probably want to avoid long term deals until we know if the manager will actually want them. plus what league will we be in, plus what happens with the Sala case etc.

it is starting to get frustrating though, as 2 or 3 loanees are fair enough, but putting 4 or 5 in the team and you aren't developing your own players or adding any value to them.
    I agree

Nottingham Forest hijack Sam Surridge loan deal?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...rdiff-22933452

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Nottingham Forest hijack Sam Surridge loan deal?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...rdiff-22933452
    Vaulks is either a hero or a villain. We've been linked to Jamal Lewis from Newcastle on loan by some on twitter, maybe this has something to do with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Vaulks is either a hero or a villain. We've been linked to Jamal Lewis from Newcastle on loan by some on twitter, maybe this has something to do with it?
    Lewis is a left back isn't he? Why would we sign two left backs in two days?

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post

Do you honestly believe it matters to Man City for instance whether or not they have English-born players making the grade ? The bottom line is if they're good enough like Foden then they will get into the team. If not, they will look elsewhere, usually outside of England.

Whilst not on the same scale, the same should apply to us, and I'm glad Morrison realises this too. His interview the other day regarding the pressure that the academy players were under to perform was spot on.
    As long as they still get the opportunity to improve and hopefully get into the first team that's what counts.

When you "look at what you have" and realise it's not going to keep you up, you have to look elsewhere.