+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: FT: BARNSLEY 0 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: BARNSLEY 0 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I wouldn’t have Hugill down as a ‘lump’, he’s only six feet tall, smaller than the majority of centre backs I’d imagine.
    I would. He may not be as tall as your mate who's catching Covid in Bournemouth now, but he's far more solid. He's a lump for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Attachment 4775

It’s bloody close.

Think it’s just the right decision but I’m really not sure
    Plus he was coming from an offside position, maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Morrisons post-match comments tonight on the scuffle and the bad tackle on Doughty.

On the post-match altercation, Morison said: "The [Barnsley] assistant manager didn't like the fact that they lost and didn't handle it very well. It was fine, he just picked the wrong person.

"It was an awful tackle [by Barnsley's Mads Andersen on Cardiff's Alfie Doughty]. That was why there was so much passion at the end because that was a real naughty tackle.

"They were hiding towels for long throws and being really nasty, and you know what happens when people are like that? They get their comeuppance and it's karma."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60135775
    Go on Stevie Boy

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Lovely little, ‘C’mon’ from Davies
    That was Doyle

The ball “boy” hiding the throw in towel was being a right prick and a couple of the tackles was really bad. We didn’t deserve it but very pleased we beat them after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Performed poorly but showed character tonight, love it
    I'm not following you with this 'character' stuff. City were absolute garbage tonight, but fortunately Barnsley are genuinely hopeless in front of goal as their record clearly indicates.

Tonight's was a narrow and somewhat fortunate victory over one of the worst sides the Championship has seen in decades. I didn't see much evidence of character. I just saw some very poor football, especially by comparison to Sunday's performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    The ball “boy” hiding the throw in towel was being a right prick and a couple of the tackles was really bad. We didn’t deserve it but very pleased we beat them after that.
    Disgraceful pitch too.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I'm not following you with this 'character' stuff. City were absolute garbage tonight, but fortunately Barnsley are genuinely hopeless in front of goal as their record clearly indicates.

Tonight's was a narrow and somewhat fortunate victory over one of the worst sides the Championship has seen in decades. I didn't see much evidence of character. I just saw some very poor football, especially by comparison to Sunday's performance.
    We matched them for workrate in the second half, that was the only way we were going to get anything in my opinion. Barnsley were not that bad, just shit in the final third. They threw everything at it. There were no personal performances for us, everyone performed poorly, but the work rate made up for it. That's fine in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Morrisons post-match comments tonight on the scuffle and the bad tackle on Doughty.

On the post-match altercation, Morison said: "The [Barnsley] assistant manager didn't like the fact that they lost and didn't handle it very well. It was fine, he just picked the wrong person.

"It was an awful tackle [by Barnsley's Mads Andersen on Cardiff's Alfie Doughty]. That was why there was so much passion at the end because that was a real naughty tackle.

"They were hiding towels for long throws and being really nasty, and you know what happens when people are like that? They get their comeuppance and it's karma."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60135775
    That line probably sounded better than it looks in print! Needs a few F-bombs to give it a bit of oomph!

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    That line probably sounded better than it looks in print! Needs a few F-bombs to give a bit of oomph!
    Sounds like my 15 year old daughter talking about me.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Attachment 4775

It’s bloody close.

Think it’s just the right decision but I’m really not sure
    Who else tried to press play on this?

Sounds like my 15 year old daughter talking about me.
    He's never getting the part with that script.

Sorry, I'm p*ssing myself laughing. If the nastiest thing that can happen is hiding some towels, what has the game come to? Great win. Crap match. Hilarious comments. I'll take that!

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    He's never getting the part with that script.
    " Ere, Where you been Steve"

" Just been speaking to Jimmy The Greek, eez coming all proper nasty wiv is towels and fings"

" Ere, Where you been Steve"

" Just been speaking to Jimmy The Greek, eez coming all proper nasty wiv is towels and fings"

3 points all that matters. We’ve played a lot better and lost. Started a little run now, with an easy cup tie to keep it going!

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    are any of the new signings cup tied?
    Drameh is, not sure of the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    3 points all that matters. We’ve played a lot better and lost. Started a little run now, with an easy cup tie to keep it going!
    The fifth round is just going to add to the fixture congestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    are any of the new signings cup tied?
    Ikpeazu scored for Boro in the last round against Mansfield, so he is. Doughty played for Stoke against Orient, so he is. Drameh came on as a sub for Leeds at West Ham, so he is. Hugill was an unused sub when West Brom lost to Brighton, so presumably he can play. And Doyle has only played in the German cup this season, so he’ll be fine.

Ikpeazu scored for Boro in the last round against Mansfield, so he is. Doughty played for Stoke against Orient, so he is. Drameh came on as a sub for Leeds at West Ham, so he is. Hugill was an unused sub when West Brom lost to Brighton, so presumably he can play. And Doyle has only played in the German cup this season, so he’ll be fine.
    Good.
    I wouldm't want to risk any of our new stars against those cloggers up at Anfield.

If you had to picture what Ikpeazu might potentially offer based on the way he was described when we signed him, that goal was just it. Completely bullied the Barnsley defender.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    If you had to picture what Ikpeazu might potentially offer based on the way he was described when we signed him, that goal was just it. Completely bullied the Barnsley defender.
    Aside from that he put in a good shift and put himself about. Great to have another option, certainly offers more than Collins.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Aside from that he put in a good shift and put himself about. Great to have another option, certainly offers more than Collins.
    At one point he chased back about fifty yards, didn’t make a tackle or get the ball but nice to see the effort.

Doughty wouldn't be fit anyway. I hope he's fit for Peterborough otherwise we've got a big headache, especially with presumably no Morrison. I think they both could be out for a while, the Doughty one was a terrible tackle.

Quote Originally Posted by bluebirds17 View Post
    ****ing get in son. Haven't deserved it but **** it. Well done
    Classic away performance you could say.