+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ashton Gate vandalism - extra £1 on all away tickets.

Re: Ashton Gate vandalism - extra £1 on all away tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Trust statement on club statement and decision to charge a £1 supplement on away tickets:

https://www.ccfctrust.org/trust-back...ial-behaviour/

From what Enoch said above, neither the Trust nor the Supporters Club were really consulted on the decision - just given an opportunity to comment on an advance draft of the press statement.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Trust statement on club statement and decision to charge a £1 supplement on away tickets:

https://www.ccfctrust.org/trust-back...ial-behaviour/

From what Enoch said above, neither the Trust nor the Supporters Club were really consulted on the decision - just given an opportunity to comment on an advance draft of the press statement.
    This isn't directed at you Jon.

I think that statement's weak.

"It is hugely unfortunate that because of the substantial cost of repairs to the toilets at Ashton Gate an additional charge of £1 will be added to ticket booking fees for those attending future away games."

If fans accept this then we'll be forever asked to foot the bill for the 'small minority. Where does it end?

"It is hugely unacceptable that because of the substantial cost of repairs to the toilets at Ashton Gate an additional charge of £1 will be added to ticket booking fees for those attending future away games" is the statement that should be there.

The club or the innocent fans shouldn't have to pay a penny. Once the culprits are caught they should pay for all the damage caused.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    It’s the principle no one gives a shit about the actual cost. A company with a billionaire owners that’s just sold an asset for a few million asking normal working people to shell out for something they didn’t do.
    I understand the principle of it, maybe someone at the club thinks the principle is that VT shouldn't have to pay it either and why should he ? ? ?

as JtJ has said he will pay the £1 for you, just let hm know, he doesn't do online banking though, so just message him your address and he will chuck a quid in the post for you

Quote Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
    The club or the innocent fans shouldn't have to pay a penny. Once the culprits are caught they should pay for all the damage caused.
    Just seen on the local news ( its Bristol news here ) and they said Cardiff have banned 3 fans for life

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I understand the principle of it, maybe someone at the club thinks the principle is that VT shouldn't have to pay it either and why should he ? ? ?

as JtJ has said he will pay the £1 for you, just let hm know, he doesn't do online banking though, so just message him your address and he will chuck a quid in the post for you
    Because he owns the football club, why should I have to pay it? Im going to millwall but wasnt at Bristol, why should I have to pay for knuckle draggers when they are known to the club? The club has them on video and their names from buying tickets. We aren’t school kids don’t try and make people behave with this ridiculous behaviour.

£1 is nothing I’d gladly pay it for all 1000 rather than this ridiculous load of nonsense. Why can’t you understand it’s not about the money? from a PR standpoint and for the principal it’s about as stupid as it gets.

Do you honestly think this is a good thing for the club to be doing?

The football club didn't cause the damage why should they pay?

The football club didn't cause the damage why should they pay?
    That’s how it always has been. Track the fans down and make the pay is how it should be.

I don’t want the club or Vincent tan to actually pay it but it makes less sense asking other fans to foot the bill.

Just seen on the local news ( its Bristol news here ) and they said Cardiff have banned 3 fans for life
    Bless 'em. They should man up and try and protest against anything environmental or disability discrimination, they'd be locked up by now.

That’s how it always has been. Track the fans down and make the pay is how it should be.

I don’t want the club or Vincent tan to actually pay it but it makes less sense asking other fans to foot the bill.
    I just think the club are sending out a message that there will be consequences if you don't behave. It's a minimal penalty.

Scenario 1:

Some nutters trash the toilets in St Davids Centre.
    Every time you want to shop in the centre, you're charged before they let you through the door in order to pay for the damage.

Scenario 2:

I buy a business.
    I take out insurance.

I just think the club are sending out a message that there will be consequences if you don't behave. It's a minimal penalty.
    Sounds like there are consequences for going to a match whether you behave or not

Sounds like there are consequences for going to a match whether you behave or not
    Even if you didn't go to Ashton Gate but go away again this season you'll get punished. The club could have restricted any future extra charges to those whose purchase history includes a ticket for Bristol, but thought it a wise move to include those who didn't go aswell.

Because he owns the football club, why should I have to pay it?

you dont have to pay it, just dont go, you are not forced to go and pay it

Im going to millwall but wasnt at Bristol, why should I have to pay for knuckle draggers when they are known to the club?

see above

The club has them on video and their names from buying tickets. We aren’t school kids don’t try and make people behave with this ridiculous behaviour.

maybe they dont know who they are, even if they did, not sure how the club is going to make them pay for the damage ? ? maybe its easier to make everyone pay

£1 is nothing I’d gladly pay it for all 1000 rather than this ridiculous load of nonsense. Why can’t you understand it’s not about the money? from a PR standpoint and for the principal it’s about as stupid as it gets.

I understand its not about the money, not sure why you appear to think I dont, if it bothers your principles that much, dont go

as for the PR of it, it wasn't a good look that some of our fans trashed the place either

Do you honestly think this is a good thing for the club to be doing?
    Ive never said its a good thing for the club to do either, Im not getting as worked up about it as you though, that maybe thats why you think that
    replies in red

Surely it would be beneficial to employ a few security guys to look after a few bogs at away grounds than risk this reoccurring?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Surely it would be beneficial to employ a few security guys to look after a few bogs at away grounds than risk this reoccurring?
    Who would apply to be a shit house sheriff

replies in red
    But I want to go and I will, that doesn’t stop it being stupid.

I didn’t think the lads smashing up the bogs had a pr team advising them and ceos telling them what to do and had a customer base to keep happy either but I suppose you learn something new every day.

They’ve got their faces on camera and everyone had to be a season ticket holder to go. So isn’t that a failure of the club if they don’t know who they are too?

So if you also don’t think it’s good what is your actual point?

But I want to go and I will, that doesn’t stop it being stupid.

I didn’t think the lads smashing up the bogs had a pr team advising them and ceos telling them what to do and had a customer base to keep happy either but I suppose you learn something new every day.

They’ve got their faces on camera and everyone had to be a season ticket holder to go. So isn’t that a failure of the club if they don’t know who they are too?

So if you also don’t think it’s good what is your actual point?
    “Don’t go then”

It’s like getting an answer out of Nadine Dorres.

Tell you what - why don't we all back a ban of any of our fans attending away games for the rest of the season. That would be the likely outcome if anything like this happened again anyway. It would solve the problem and avoid the need for the club to charge a massive £1 surcharge.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Tell you what - why don't we all back a ban of any of our fans attending away games for the rest of the season. That would be the likely outcome if anything like this happened again anyway. It would solve the problem and avoid the need for the club to charge a massive £1 surcharge.
    How is the £1 charge stopping that?

Why not do something like this instead and just get the guys who did it to pay for it.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/footb...ey-lowery/amp/

Are the club’s actions compliant with EFL Regulations?

Section 34.3.4 states “the Away Club may charge a booking fee or transaction charge to the customer providing this is exactly the same in every respect as that which it charges for tickets to its own home matches.”

I read this as saying the away club can charge the cost of the ticket plus their standard home booking fee / transaction charge. I can’t see anything in the regs that allows them to arbitrarily impose their own ‘surcharge’ to be paid to themselves.

Using this criteria I would presume that any fines for yesterday's altercation after the match and in the tunnel will be deducted from the Manager's wages and players' future appearance bonuses.

Is there any indication that the 3 banned are those who damaged the toilets or have the media put 2 and 2 together and made an assumption. Nothing from the club indicates they were directly involved.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Using this criteria I would presume that any fines for yesterday's altercation after the match and in the tunnel will be deducted from the Manager's wages and players' future appearance bonuses.
    I'd like to think 'we are all in this together' Cyril but I just know I'll be disappointed. Just wanted to add I love your posts. They very often give me hope when I'm running on empty.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Is there any indication that the 3 banned are those who damaged the toilets or have the media put 2 and 2 together and made an assumption. Nothing from the club indicates they were directly involved.
    they showed video of the damaged toilets and said Cardiff had banned 3 fans, I guess putting 2 and 2 together