+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ashton Gate vandalism - extra £1 on all away tickets.

Ashton Gate vandalism - extra £1 on all away tickets.

Club announcement today on the events at Ashton Gate.

Apology to Bristol City repeated, along with clear statement that braindead vandals not wanted by the club.

Witnesses encouraged to contact police.

All away tickets from Millwall on 12 February to have a £1 additional charge to cover the costs of repairing the damage.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...cial-behaviour

Re: Ashton Gate vandalism - extra £1 on all away tickets.

Theyve got these pr!cks on camera why arent they paying.

Totally, totally, wrong !!!!!!

Punishing the innocent, not the guilty.

Terrible PR from the club

How the **** does that make sense? So I need to pay and extra £1 because some coked up dork can’t be trusted to go to a football match without smashing up the bogs.

At a time when costs are rising and wages are stagnating this seems a bit of a PR blunder.

Stick your hand in your pocket Vinny you tight prick.

The statement says the decision to put a £1 supplement on away tickets to cover the compensation costs was done after consultation with 'Cardiff City Supporter Bodies'.

Which supporter bodies? What sort of consultation (on the specific £1 supplement proposal)?

It does look like a bad call.

Weird decision. We really must be skint.

The club is owned by a billionaire (and just sold a striker for at least £3 million) and hasn’t been worth watching for about 3 years so their answer to this is to charge the die hard supporters who already have to put up with shit football more money for something that had nothing to do with them.

The club really are a PR disaster.

Same principle of if you have a few naughty kids, you keep the whole class in for detention perhaps?

Trying to get the fans to self-police themselves?

Any reps from the supportes bodies who have allegedly agreed this on this site. ?I find this hard to believe.

At our lowest ebb, in nearly 20 years, when we need fans, players and staff at the CCS, pulling together, to try to save the club from relegation, someone comes up with this beauty
    UNBELIEVABLE !!!!

Tell the club to shove the tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Same principle of if you have a few naughty kids, you keep the whole class in for detention perhaps?

That was my first thought. Used to work a treat in the army.

Then again it's Choo and Dalman, so maybe we're giving them too much credit.

What's the point of having supporters grops etc if they are going to agree to things on behalf of an entire fan base without even asking the question to the wider fans? If of course, they have indeed consulted any supporter group reps.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

No one is trying to stop chavs smashing stuff up because of an extra quid though.

Like booking fees, admin fees, no more city cash it's just another very small and minor thing that all adds up to wind up the non toilet smashing element of our fan base.

How does insurance work in stadiums, I'd have though criminal damage would be covered?

Also you'd want to see the exact numbers, as it says it'll start with Millwall. I'd also ask for an independent audit, don't want Bristol getting in Martyn Lawrence Bullard for the refit!
    Last edited by OurManFlint II; 01-02-22 at 14:44. Reason: spelling

That's pretty piss poor from the club tbh.
    Not sure how much the repairs will cost, but this will raise around £10k-£15k between now and the end of the season, and will come from the pockets of our most loyal fans, not the brain dead imbeciles who managed to get hold of a ticket through a mate for Ashton Gate.
    What will happen if there's a repeat at Anfield on Sunday? Another £1 on top?
    Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Somehow I don't think even a fiver would stop them .

I hope the supporters groups respond to this.

Really poor. The booking system is already a rip off with a group booking of 6 tickets costing £6 instead of £1. Now it would cost £12 for the foreseeable.

Just don’t get how this will solve anything bar asking the fans who did nothing and had to put up with toilets being shut at Bristol to fork up. About 500 will go to Huddersfield in a few weeks on a Tuesday evening and they’ll have to pay extra for the privilege because a few idiots did that, stupid logic.

This decision will be reversed I guarantee it.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    How does insurance work in stadiums, I'd have though criminal damage would be covered?
    Yeah, should be covered. Probably have some sort of excess to pay if they claimed though, and would harm their claims record and maybe future premiums, so they were probably more than happy when we offered to pay.
    I think the offer was the right thing to do, but charging fans who had nothing to do with it certainly isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    How the **** does that make sense? So I need to pay and extra £1 because some coked up dork can’t be trusted to go to a football match without smashing up the bogs.

At a time when costs are rising and wages are stagnating this seems a bit of a PR blunder.

Stick your hand in your pocket Vinny you tight prick.
    So you shouldnt pay an extra quid because you wasn't involved but Vinny has to pay for it all?
    Was Tan one of those in the toilets wearing an hoodie?

For the record i think it's wrong the fans have to pay a quid for something they didn't do

Wayne Nash's idea?

This is a good idea. Something has to be done. The EFL or individual clubs could easily have banned ALL City fans from attending away games for the foreseeable future as a result of this incident (and other previous). Would people have preferred that ? The actions of the minority do unfortunately reflect on all of us and perhaps this decision will focus peoples minds and make some think twice before engaging in this sort of thing again. There were a number of people filmed in those toilets that weren't actively engaged in the vandalism but just stood around watching and laughing. Why didn't they step in and try to stop it ? Why should the club have to pay for the actions of a bunch of moronic people who follow the club ? It has happened too often in the past and the club has always paid the price in fines and costs. If this is the kind of activity fans are going to engage in at away grounds then it probably would be better if no one went.