+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ashton Gate vandalism - extra £1 on all away tickets.

Re: Ashton Gate vandalism - extra £1 on all away tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by FormerlyJohnnyBreadhead View Post
    That was my first thought. Used to work a treat in the army.

Then again it's Choo and Dalman, so maybe we're giving them too much credit.
    Just about to say similar

Fair play to the club I say......still can't believe that no one knew any of them or seen anything on the day. Club should put the CCTV footage on Cardiff TV for everyone to see and maybe recognize a few of them.

Shouldn’t be up to fans to self-police drunken idiots. That’s what the police and stewards are paid for.

This is collective punishment - punishing everyone for the criminal actions of a few. The club is wrong to do this..

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    This is a good idea. Something has to be done. The EFL or individual clubs could easily have banned ALL City fans from attending away games for the foreseeable future as a result of this incident (and other previous). Would people have preferred that ? The actions of the minority do unfortunately reflect on all of us and perhaps this decision will focus peoples minds and make some think twice before engaging in this sort of thing again. There were a number of people filmed in those toilets that weren't actively engaged in the vandalism but just stood around watching and laughing. Why didn't they step in and try to stop it ? Why should the club have to pay for the actions of a bunch of moronic people who follow the club ? It has happened too often in the past and the club has always paid the price in fines and costs. If this is the kind of activity fans are going to engage in at away grounds then it probably would be better if no one went.
    Spot on. Why aren't my grandkids allowed to take a bottle of pop to games - because a few idiots thought is was fun to throw bottles onto the pitch i.e. we are all punished for the antics of a few. I suggested in another thread that it would be a good gesture if supporters voluntarily send a few quid to the club towards the cost of the vandalism but, let's say, there was less than an enthusiastic response! I believe this would have preempted any moves by the club such as we now see.

This is a good idea. Something has to be done. The EFL or individual clubs could easily have banned ALL City fans from attending away games for the foreseeable future as a result of this incident (and other previous). Would people have preferred that ? The actions of the minority do unfortunately reflect on all of us and perhaps this decision will focus peoples minds and make some think twice before engaging in this sort of thing again. There were a number of people filmed in those toilets that weren't actively engaged in the vandalism but just stood around watching and laughing. Why didn't they step in and try to stop it ? Why should the club have to pay for the actions of a bunch of moronic people who follow the club ? It has happened too often in the past and the club has always paid the price in fines and costs. If this is the kind of activity fans are going to engage in at away grounds then it probably would be better if no one went.
    This is a rubbish take. It shouldn’t be on fans too self police a bunch of fans intent on causing criminal damage. Where do you draw the line? Fans on a train? Fans kicking off in a town centre?

The club should employ plain clothed stewards to alert police etc if they are concerned. A plain clothed steward (or even one in full gear) would have been able to stop that just by being there. Instead they were all stood outside having a chat. It’s not their fault, they’re told what to do - but it’s common sense to spread them around rather than have them outside chatting to fans who are coming in.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Shouldn’t be up to fans to self-police drunken idiots. That’s what the police and stewards are paid for.
    Hear hear!

If the club's not careful this might provoke a general boycott of away games by genuine fans and the only ones left on the trips will be the scumbags. That'll do a lot for our reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    So you shouldnt pay an extra quid because you wasn't involved but Vinny has to pay for it all?
    Was Tan one of those in the toilets wearing an hoodie?

For the record i think it's wrong the fans have to pay a quid for something they didn't do
    He’s the one passing the cost on. I’m sure he has a lot more disposable income. It’s one of the stupidest PR moves I’ve ever seen.

What?

Are you seriously suggesting that the alternative option to the club levying a £1 away ticket surcharge is a total ban on Cardiff away fans by the EFL or other Championship clubs?

That Cardiff City imposing collective punishment on its own away fans will deter rivals and the EFL from taking more drastic action?

These are not two sides of an either/or equation!

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Any reps from the supportes bodies who have allegedly agreed this on this site. ?I find this hard to believe.
    If there are any, they won't own up now!

If fans are having to pay for this damage then aren't they entitled to see how much the work will cost? Isn't that only fair? I'm sure that the club could provide a 'supporters rep' with a breakdown of the costs. This is piss poor from the club, ican't believe that they sat around a table and agreed to this, and will this be the norm with other incidents?

If the people in charge have agreed to this extra charge no wonder we can’t make a decent footballing decision. I don’t think even the smallest business would make such a stupid PR move.

No surprise to see DML supporting this. The club could chop his cock off and he’d find a way to justify it.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    The statement says the decision to put a £1 supplement on away tickets to cover the compensation costs was done after consultation with 'Cardiff City Supporter Bodies'.

Which supporter bodies? What sort of consultation (on the specific £1 supplement proposal)?

It does look like a bad call.
    The consultation was the Supporters Trust and the Supporters Club were sent an embargoed press release which was a statement of intent as to what the club intended to do. In effect they were being asked to comment on a fait accompli. No-one from the club rang in advance to say that this is what we are thinking of doing, what do you think ? The club are obviously determined to recover their outlay and it is likely to be the innocent footing the bill with families who travel being hit the hardest.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    If fans are having to pay for this damage then aren't they entitled to see how much the work will cost? Isn't that only fair? I'm sure that the club could provide a 'supporters rep' with a breakdown of the costs. This is piss poor from the club, ican't believe that they sat around a table and agreed to this, and will this be the norm with other incidents?
    Indeed.

Should also be allowed unrestricted access to spend a penny should we ever find ourselves in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Im going to snap one of the flushes off at millwall to get my money’s worth

its a quid, what's that, 1/2 a line of Charlie ? ? ?

the joys of following city away

Barnsley FC also put up a statement today condemning anti-social behaviour - this time from their fans at Oakwell during and after their last match against Bournemouth:

https://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/news/20...ial-behaviour/

Trust statement on club statement and decision to charge a £1 supplement on away tickets:

https://www.ccfctrust.org/trust-back...ial-behaviour/

From what Enoch said above, neither the Trust nor the Supporters Club were really consulted on the decision - just given an opportunity to comment on an advance draft of the press statement.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Barnsley FC also put up a statement today condemning anti-social behaviour - this time from their fans at Oakwell during and after their last match against Bournemouth:

https://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/news/20...ial-behaviour/
    Put £2 on a ticket and we can pay for their damage as well!

I remember Gwyne Davies writing that a few needed a slap while travelling on the valley coaches back in the day. So it's been done in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterwick Blue View Post
    Put £2 on a ticket and we can pay for their damage as well!
    great PR that send the club the idea

Stewards are paid to stop violence or criminal damage and how many police officers do you see in grounds nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    I remember Gwyne Davies writing that a few needed a slap while travelling on the valley coaches back in the day. So it's been done in the past.
    That went well.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    That went well.
    Go on....