+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tan Backing club yet again

Tan Backing club yet again

I must say , I am impressed by the commitment VT has demonstrated by backing Morison in this transfer window.

A contrast to Swansea.

Three deals were pulled by the ‘Merricans apparently included Ryan Giles

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...olves-22946372

Re: Tan Backing club yet again

It must be true if it's on WoL.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I must say , I am impressed by the commitment VT has demonstrated by backing Morison in this transfer window.

A contrast to Swansea.

come on now, you know the current rules, nothing positive about the club

A contrast to Swansea.

Steve Morison and Tan/Committee have done well in the transfer window.
    Lets hope we can clear the decks of high earners and have a reset and start again.
    Hopefully the club have learned from the many mistakes

Mr Tan has been backing us for time now , since May 2010 in fact ( nearly 12 years ) wow thank you Vincent

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    It must be true if it's on WoL.
    A few threads on here about the dealings ,hope that helps

https://planetswans.co.uk/forum/view...php?f=2&t=7395

A few threads on here about the dealings ,hope that helps

https://planetswans.co.uk/forum/view...php?f=2&t=7395
    It must be true if it is on planet swans

Surely it's more of a case that Swansea aren't going anywhere this season so there's no point spending any money unless it is for the right player and there's a longer term view. Ours was out of necessity with relegation being a very real threat. I suspect the Moore transfer money has paid for the loan deals in any case, so it's maybe not that much about being backed by Tan.

So come the summer, all the loans go back, many players contracts ending , so next season’s manager in the same situation as Malky in 2011, a squad of around 10 for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    So come the summer, all the loans go back, many players contracts ending , so next season’s manager in the same situation as Malky in 2011, a squad of around 10 for next season.
    at least we get rid of some of the older players who we hope have no place in a new dynamic playing sqaud

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Surely it's more of a case that Swansea aren't going anywhere this season so there's no point spending any money unless it is for the right player and there's a longer term view. Ours was out of necessity with relegation being a very real threat. I suspect the Moore transfer money has paid for the loan deals in any case, so it's maybe not that much about being backed by Tan.
    That's probably nearer the truth and also factor in Tan might be realising just how damaging a drop to League 1 would be for his shareholding. Hopefully he will make the necessary adjustments during the summer.

Malky did inherit the kernel of a top championship side though:

Marshall, Heaton, Hudson, Gerrard, McNaughton, Mcphail, Whittingham um... Darcy Blake

How did that work out for us in the end?

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    How did that work out for us in the end?
    Playoffs and a league cup final. In fairness, we did have a good manager at the time. I think some forget how well Malky did in his first couple of seasons.

Playoffs and a league cup final. In fairness, we did have a good manager at the time. I think some forget how well Malky did in his first couple of seasons.
    One promotion when he was well backed by the board and a draw against Rangers he's done bugger all otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    One promotion when he was well backed by the board and a draw against Rangers he's done bugger all otherwise.
    He did far better than Dave Jones.

It’s time for a clear out and a fresh start.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    I agree. The board has a massive chance to learn from mistakes and reset the squad and build properly

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    Clear out !!! let's call up the clear out king, our Russell of the Slade?

That may or may not be the case, (with regards to the transactions being met by the Moore transfer) , however, loans usually command a loan fee and what percentage of the wages we are paying is anyones guess.

There are also a few court cases pending , so I think the board deserves some credit.

These article by Ian Mitchelmore explains Swansea’s recent transfer business. Can you imagine the uproar if it was us ~ they are not exactly clear of the threat of relegation when you look at who they still have to play.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...r-air-22917590

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Malky did inherit the kernel of a top championship side though:

Marshall, Heaton, Hudson, Gerrard, McNaughton, Mcphail, Whittingham um... Darcy Blake
    Only Marshall Hudson McNaughton Whitts a season later were key players in promotion. Just 4 players from the Jones era.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Only Marshall Hudson McNaughton Whitts a season later were key players in promotion. Just 4 players from the Jones era.
    yes but at the start of the promotion season we did spend quite quite a bit of cash

Good morning Mehmet

lets see what kind of shape we are in after the summer before we start lavishing praise on Tan and the board.

We have a massive few months ahead of us -
    • Avoiding relegation
    • A managerial appointment in the summer
    • 3 looming court cases
    • a total squad overhaul at the end of the season.

there is plenty of opportunity for any of those things to **** us up for a long time ,so they have to be right.

If you call selling our talisman on the cheap and using what little money we got for him on 5 temporary loans, lasting all of 4 months, then I dread to think what will happen when he doesn’t “back us”.